Zorba's column today

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Des is the man to get the job done.
The club isn’t in the mess it was in 2004 when he took over and look what he did.
Give him 3-4 years and we will have won premiership number 9

I would love to see him make the the top 6 with this squad it would show Barrett out for the the imposter he is. #makemanlygreatagain

Assistant coach John Cartwright remains very much in the mix, with support coming strongly from the senior playing group.

This bit's a worry he shouldn't be in the running for anything,the only reason the senior players are supporting him is he is their puppet with him in charge the lazy self absorbed rubbish they served up this season will continue. Des will shake this mob up.

If you look closely at Zorba’s column the most interesting part is the bold print that is now missing at the bottom of his post which was always previously there...
You want to boost memberships ?? - get the club to trumpet that announcement on the website.

All membership promotion should contain the words "irrelevant sausage roll eaters now welcome"

If he is gone completely and Tooves is back in the mix then I'm in for sure.

This is interesting to me, The fact that Des was mentioned at all and even in a positive light says to me that he is in Penn's thoughts, which makes me think he may be part of the group of possibilities. I think Des may be a dark horse. Probably tin foil hat stuff but i do.
If it turns out to be true, do I get a skippy badge for sniffing it out?

This bit's a worry he shouldn't be in the running for anything,the only reason the senior players are supporting him is he is their puppet with him in charge the lazy self absorbed rubbish they served up this season will continue. Des will shake this mob up.
It's a simple compomise to appease the TurBros that will end as soon as Des dictates.
The young ones don't know how Des operates and if Chez truely has Carty in his heart, then he'll get Orr to find him another multi million dollar gig :nerd:

Just like Ferris quitting, Carty won't lounge around if Des is whipping up the place :p

The only hurdle to our complete happiness is the omission of 2v in the reported hirings :(

You want to boost memberships ?? - get the club to trumpet that announcement on the website.

All membership promotion should contain the words "irrelevant sausage roll eaters now welcome"

If he is gone completely and Tooves is back in the mix then I'm in for sure.
Wow, not only is Zorba not signing off as a Sea Eagles employee anymore.

But saying the club need to respect club champions like Toovs more, and his name has been mentioned.

I do wonder if Zorba has been punted by the club, and it's a little about himself, he probably feels just like Toovs, like his reason for living is missing, and he wants back in.

But wow Zorba somewhat publically being supportive of a 2V return.

Can people confirm Im not dreaming. I hope I haven't slipped and hit my head

But saying the club need to respect club champions like Toovs more, and his name has been mentioned. I do wonder if Zorba has been punted by the club, he probably feels just like Toovs, like his reason for living is missing and he wants back in.

Yeah that was a huge thing for him to say, it was like Zorba had actually thought about the club for once and put his ego to one side. usually he is white anting whoever moved him on, strange situation very strange.

But saying the club need to respect club champions like Toovs more, and his name has been mentioned.

I do wonder if Zorba has been punted by the club, and it's a little about himself, he probably feels just like Toovs, like his reason for living is missing, and he wants back in.

Seems so.
And geez, isn't Zorba hoeing into a big bowl of sour grapes...

From Slothfield today

ZORBA’S LONG RUN AT MANLY OVER
MANLY have lost another rich part of their history, with Peter “Zorba” Peters set to retire from the club after 50 years.

Passionate and staunchly loyal, Zorba began his career at the Sea Eagles as a player, highlighted by victory in the 1973 premiership.

A former board member, Zorba also worked in a variety of football administration roles — including team manager, media officer and marketing consultant. Zorba finishes up at the Sea Eagles on Tuesday.

I had great respect for Peter's as a player,he was a tough and uncompromising team player in a fierce pack of forwards,after he retired from playing I knew he stayed on with the club but that's all I ever heard as I moved away from Sydney.Enjoy your retirement Zorba

I hear he's being replaced...by a machine!!! :swear:
zorbafront.jpg

Zorba basically wrote his own quotes for weirdlet’s article today. So yes it does seem it is farewell to zorba.

An error in it, which is fitting. He says that bozo and he watched the 65 grand final as 20 year olds. In fact they would have been 18 in 65.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8