Zorba's column today

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
In Zorba's column today he takes aim at some things close to the hearts of a people on here, namely that the Manly owners wanted to move the club and also shifting Walker from 5/8.

Pretty firm poo pooing of those theories...

If someone cares to post the article there is one of the finest paragraphs of hypocrisy you could ever hope to read. Think sandwiches and living large off the Penns and pointing fingers.

While on the topic of ZtH's pen(n)manship, I was surprised that no one commented on his sly shot last Saturday about how genuine Manly fans appreciate what Dropmough did for the club and he had earnt the right to say whatever he wanted when he left! Personally I was disappointed that he didn't use 'true' supporters instead of 'genuine'.

Hmmm the Greek seems to be trying to personally give it to people who were on the hill last week, who once got a free corporate box.

Its a bit bizaar really. I mean sure these people were in the Phil Sydney or Delemege camp, or advocated against leaving Brookie.

Despite any difference of opinion. These supporters paid their hard earned and watched out team on the Hill.

Yet out media manager is in a local rag saying ha ha your now on the Hill?

I have seen 5 year old children carry on that way. But for our clubs media man, it is just unprofessional, divisive, petty, childish.

Perhaps no one should pay to stand on the hill as your all second class citizens.

I don't know the man, don't know much about the good sort gate, that seen him sacked as the media manager previously. But honestly, how can this guy be our clubs mouth piece.

It is embarrassing.

The Penns need to give Dean Ritchie some more bucks and just let him do all of our propaganda work.

If Zorba has a place or a role at this club, it certainly should not be speaking.

Hmmm the Greek seems to be trying to personally give it to people who were on the hill last week, who once got a free corporate box.

Yet out media manager is in a local rag saying ha ha your now on the Hill?

I think its quite offensive....I mean how dare some fans ('rebels'), who use to be in a free corporate box, be on the Brookie Hill! :mad: Um, isn't that their prerogative?

Though admittedly I did wonder who these 'rebels' are :mm:

Full article

DYLAN Walker is one desperate jersey grab from making everyone aware he is Manly’s long-term five-eighth outside Daly Cherry-Evans.

In the Sea Eagles’ past three games, Walker has shown he is improving every week in the No.6 jersey.

A vital grab from behind by Beau Scott prevented a 50m Walker try under the posts against Parramatta and a Sam Burgess replica in the game against Souths had the same result.

Walker is ready to explode and, if he overcomes a troublesome rib injury in time, then Monday’s game against Newcastle could be the confidence booster the youngster needs.

Critics calling for Walker to swap positions with skipper Jamie Lyon are way off. It simply won’t happen because coach Trent Barrett is more than happy with the way Walker is handling his new role.

DAWN SERVICE

Other Stories

SEA EAGLES hard men Nate Myles and Brenton Lawrence will be up early on Monday to attend the dawn Anzac Day service at Nobby’s Beach in Newcastle.

The two front rowers have close family ties with the armed services through relatives and attend the service, which is the biggest in the Hunter Region, every year.

They will be joined at the service by head coach Trent Barrett and assistant coaches John Cartwright and Anthony Siebold.

PENN’S MIGHTIER

THE silence is deafening from the know-alls who for years have promoted and pushed the blatant mis-truth that the Penn family, owners of the Sea Eagles, wanted to move the side away from Brookvale Oval.

The recent news that funding is available to start stage one of the Brookvale Oval makeover is a massive salute to the perseverance of the chairman Scott Penn, Sea Eagles chief executive Joe Kelly and chief financial officer Neil Bare.

They got away from the unsuccessful efforts of the past 20 years and changed tack to heavily involve powerbrokers at federal and state levels of politics.

They dealt directly with them and their advisers on the best way to secure vital funding.

Local MPs and Liberal party heavyweights Tony Abbott and Mike Baird were key players with both having an unbridled passion for the district and the Sea Eagles.

They are genuine supporters of the club.

Both know and live first-hand with what the team means to the northern beaches.

The Penn family have copped plenty of unwarranted criticised from the spreading of the blatant lie they were looking at taking the team away from Brookvale Oval.

The small pocket of rebels are now reduced to having no real support in issues surrounding the Sea Eagles.

Indeed, several were seen on the Brookie Hill in last week’s game against Parramatta.

It was a big difference from their days living the high life in the corporate boxes – at the expense of the owners.

CHANCE TO BOUNCE BACK

Monday’s Anzac Day game against Newcastle is vital for the Sea Eagles to square the ledger with a four-win four-loss two-month start to the season.

In light of the massive number of short turnarounds, that would be a comfortable start from Trent Barrett and his side.

It would also be a great lift for yet another short turnaround game against Johnathan Thurston and the high-flying Cowboys a week from tonight.

It looms as one of the games of the season when the teams square off under lights at Brookvale Oval.

That game will give a clear indication of where the Sea Eagles are heading in 2016.

Peter Peters is a media and sales consultant with the Sea Eagles

Despite Peter's claim, I suspect the long term plan is for Walker to move to the centre when Lyon calls it a day. Otherwise why grab 18 year old Wright and make serious overtures to Bird and other 5/8s. This stint as 5/8 wont hurt Walker though. It will improve his skill base and making him an even better centre. But this year I cant see him moving from 5/8

What a disgusting, unprofessional childish creep this guy is!

I am embarrassed for him to have any involvement in our club.

The stupid thing is, he's trying to have a shot about the people who once used the corporate box, are now on the hill. That just shows to me how much those people still love and support the club to show up and be on the hill with the supporters. Good on them.

That idiot Zth has been using corporate boxes and free seats for decades. I bet he wouldn't "lower" himself to be on the hill with the punters like ourselves.

I regret the day I voted him in for life membership. @:mad:

Last edited:
Despite Peter's claim, I suspect the long term plan is for Walker to move to the centre when Lyon calls it a day. Otherwise why grab 18 year old Wright and make serious overtures to Bird and other 5/8s. This stint as 5/8 wont hurt Walker though. It will improve his skill base and making him an even better centre. But this year I cant see him moving from 5/8
Well he only said swap him Lyon. No mention of Api...

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...g/news-story/6c7f26104b15d9f0334fc2cfcb8d72f8

Joker was the one being quoted as moving from Brookie or is Ritchie making up these lies :finger:

The Leagues Club Members are still waiting on the explanation of how their real estate was offloaded for multi millions in profit to the Penns :wondering:
ZtH was on the Board when it was sold at below market value to a related party . Now that would be an expose we would love to read:nod:

Last edited:
The small pocket of rebels are now reduced to having no real support in issues surrounding the Sea Eagles.
Yeah right
che-guevara-02.jpg

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4