Zorba's column today

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Anyone who spilled blood for the Sea Eagles and helped win a premiership, deserves respect in my mind. Zorba has done and said some silly things over the years, but who hasn't and we all know where his heart lies. He's family as far as I'm concerned. As for Hasler, I always felt the criticism laid on him for leaving Manly was a bit rich, considering he had coached two Sea Eagle sides to premiership. These days loyalty generally only applies when the money is right or you have no where else to go. Like Foran, he had a right to choose to seek the money. Its not the 60s when you were paid pocket money, to booster your main job during the week. Its a business and players and coaches would be naïve to not go where the money is offered if the club you might love is paying you half that much. So if Hasler comes back, great. Foran, though, I think is past his best, and was actually at his peak 7 years ago. Been down hill since then.
I dont have any respect for john ribot. He spilt blood for manly.

I dont have any respect for john ribot. He spilt blood for manly.

I respect Ribot's ability at League and his efforts for Manly in '82,'83. I don't think you can compare him with Peters or Hasler though. What Ribot did helped destroy League in many ways, though I doubt that was what he had in mind. He was fighting for better pay through Murdock and co. He had a dream and it turned into a nightmare, though I doubt he would see it that way. But Ribot offered far less to Manly than Hasler or Peters and even less than Foran. He popped in for 2 years for the money and left...but there's nothing wrong with that. What we hate Ribot for is the direction he tried to take the game and the damage it did for Manly. He was totally mercenary, though again I guess that's business. At least you can sense that Peters and Hasler have a sense of identity with the Sea Eagles. That's why we can accept them as family. Their careers have mainly been with the Sea Eagles.

But where does the limits of respect lie. Respect is pretty myopic if it only applies to those who are part of your family and do the things you want them to do. I respect any player who puts his body on the line in the game. Its a bl..dy hard game and many are left maimed in certain ways for life. They are the gladiators of our time. They are one of the blue team or the green team, like in the Byzantium Empire. But I would hope we don't allow that preference for one or the other to spill over into every aspect of our daily lives like it did back then. Its a game, a diversion, something we enjoy to take away the drudgery of our day to day lives. And these guys spill blood, just to entertain us. I would hope they have some rights to choose.

I respect Ribot's ability at League and his efforts for Manly in '82,'83. I don't think you can compare him with Peters or Hasler though. What Ribot did helped destroy League in many ways, though I doubt that was what he had in mind. He was fighting for better pay through Murdock and co. He had a dream and it turned into a nightmare, though I doubt he would see it that way. But Ribot offered far less to Manly than Hasler or Peters and even less than Foran. He popped in for 2 years for the money and left...but there's nothing wrong with that. What we hate Ribot for is the direction he tried to take the game and the damage it did for Manly. He was totally mercenary, though again I guess that's business. At least you can sense that Peters and Hasler have a sense of identity with the Sea Eagles. That's why we can accept them as family. Their careers have mainly been with the Sea Eagles.

But where does the limits of respect lie. Respect is pretty myopic if it only applies to those who are part of your family and do the things you want them to do. I respect any player who puts his body on the line in the game. Its a bl..dy hard game and many are left maimed in certain ways for life. They are the gladiators of our time. They are one of the blue team or the green team, like in the Byzantium Empire. But I would hope we don't allow that preference for one or the other to spill over into every aspect of our daily lives like it did back then. Its a game, a diversion, something we enjoy to take away the drudgery of our day to day lives. And these guys spill blood, just to entertain us. I would hope they have some rights to choose.
I see your point and I tend to agree with you . I didnt like what Ribot did to the League. I thought That was a cnt of an act what he did but I did like what he did for Manly

In one of the storms first games at Brookie, manly gave them a hiding.
Ribot was standing at the gate talking to someone from manly, I walked past to go onto the field and said to him.
Where's your dream now? In the ****ing gutter where it belongs, if looks could kill!

Had a fly on the wall at zorb's retirement party, only 21 turned up, no current players, no current past players, mainly all the old scribes and a couple of managers, the MC pretends to read rsvp"s , say's here's one from max, max say's" get F&%$D", here"s another from Lyall, lyall say's "get F&%$D" had to pay for there own food and drinks...hahahahahahaha

Had a fly on the wall at zorb's retirement party, only 21 turned up, no current players, no current past players, mainly all the old scribes and a couple of managers, the MC pretends to read rsvp"s , say's here's one from max, max say's" get F&%$D", here"s another from Lyall, lyall say's "get F&%$D" had to pay for there own food and drinks...hahahahahahaha

I for one won’t miss him!

Farewell good sort, don’t let the door slam on your arse on the way out!!

What a hypocrite.
Living the corporate life in corporate boxes at the owners expense.

Max and I watched a game from the Hill in 2014 which was the last time we attended a game and it was the best experience Max has ever had.
So trying to bag or tarnish anyone who sits on the hill is an absolute joke. The only reason he won’t be seem on the hill is 1- He wouldn’t be welcomed and 2- He couldn’t get up there!

Those who live in glass houses....

Can’t stand the man, never will. Will be glad to see the back of him and never hear from him again. Grub

Max wouldn’t have even said that....
He wouldn’t waste his breath

What a hypocrite.

Max and I watched a game from the Hill in 2014 which was the last time we attended a game and it was the best experience Max has ever had.
So trying to bag or tarnish anyone who sits on the hill is an absolute joke. The only reason he won’t be seem on the hill is 1- He wouldn’t be welcomed and 2- He couldn’t get up there!

Can’t stand the man, never will. Will be glad to see the back of him and never hear from him again. Grub

People can make changes to the future but no one can change the past . Any graceful Manly human being will always acknowledge the unforgettable immeasurable and generous efforts and contribution of the Great Manly man Max Delmege . In an ideal world the Brookvale oval hill should be named after Max .

We will remember him . Lest we forget !!!
a18d1c26f18a80b6f24eec2b629a2fd5--the-flag-flags.jpg

People can make changes to the future but no one can change the past . Any graceful Manly human being will always acknowledge the unforgettable immeasurable and generous efforts and contribution of the Great Manly man Max Delmege . In an ideal world the Brookvale oval hill should be named after Max .

We will remember him . Lest we forget !!!
View attachment 10178 View attachment 10178 View attachment 10178 View attachment 10178 View attachment 10178
Thanks for sharing

What a hypocrite.

Can you post more please Mrs D?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4