Zorba's column today

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
But would Zorba be eligible for admission to the P P C ranks . These are the big and critical issues that really matter and true salad dodgers really care about .

But would Zorba be eligible for admission to the P P C ranks . These are the big and critical issues that really matter and true salad dodgers really care about .
Forgot about salad dodgers, zorba could be our first hybrid @:D

The Australian ...

Only Cherry-Evans remains from 2011 — Hasler’s last year at the club before his controversial decision to join Canterbury. However, Hasler felt so highly of Tom Trbojevic he tried to poach him when he was at the Bulldogs.

No doubt, he holds his brother Jake in the same esteem. Others will be on shaky ground. Trent Hodkinson knows Hasler well but left the Bulldogs while the two-time premiership winning coach was in charge. Lloyd Perrett felt he had no future under him at Canterbury so he could be among those headed for the exit door.

There is much work to be done and the Sea Eagles need to move fast. The future of several players remains under a cloud, most notably Martin Taupau, whose big-money deal makes him vulnerable.

The difference this time round is that Hasler won’t be given unfettered power. The club is likely to put strict conditions around his appointment, particularly when it comes to the salary cap. Back-ended deals will be off the table.

Marty was also at the Dogs when Des was in charge, don't know whether the Tigers offered more or that Des didn't think he was needed when he left

Screenshot_20181014-203301.jpg

Caption time?!...

Zorba would be a punchie no doubt :giggle:

Now that Zorba is just another punter, and that his opinions can no longer be attributed to a "Manly Official" he is fully entitled to be a Punchie, Numb-nut, Dribbler, Salad Dodger, God Botherer, Sausage roll eater, Cheese maker or any other type of social and intellectual misfit already represented in numbers on this forum ..... as long as he doesn't grow a mullet, speak a Germanic language or post selfies I'll accomodate him and his opinion ... ...

The Australian ...

Only Cherry-Evans remains from 2011 — Hasler’s last year at the club before his controversial decision to join Canterbury. However, Hasler felt so highly of Tom Trbojevic he tried to poach him when he was at the Bulldogs.

No doubt, he holds his brother Jake in the same esteem. Others will be on shaky ground. Trent Hodkinson knows Hasler well but left the Bulldogs while the two-time premiership winning coach was in charge. Lloyd Perrett felt he had no future under him at Canterbury so he could be among those headed for the exit door.

There is much work to be done and the Sea Eagles need to move fast. The future of several players remains under a cloud, most notably Martin Taupau, whose big-money deal makes him vulnerable.

The difference this time round is that Hasler won’t be given unfettered power. The club is likely to put strict conditions around his appointment, particularly when it comes to the salary cap. Back-ended deals will be off the table.

If Des is appointed coach, while he may have to ride it for a year due to the salary cap penalty, I smell a BIG cleanout at the end of 2019.....and it might not just be some of the fringe players o_O

Last edited:
"See that bloke up there with the kilt and the Drambuie? That's Woodsie. Watch him. He misses Trent."
" And the bloke in the 10 gallon hat....
That's Mark from somewhere up north.
Watch him too. He's the leader of the PPYC or some rubbish. They are a secret society who prance around in the nuddy at their meetings".
" It's all changed".

Now that Zorba is just another punter, and that his opinions can no longer be attributed to a "Manly Official" he is fully entitled to be a Punchie, Numb-nut, Dribbler, Salad Dodger, God Botherer, Sausage roll eater, Cheese maker or any other type of social and intellectual misfit already represented in numbers on this forum ..... as long as he doesn't grow a mullet, speak a Germanic language or post selfies I'll accomodate him and his opinion ... ...
Funny man. Love ya work .......

Anyone who spilled blood for the Sea Eagles and helped win a premiership, deserves respect in my mind. Zorba has done and said some silly things over the years, but who hasn't and we all know where his heart lies. He's family as far as I'm concerned. As for Hasler, I always felt the criticism laid on him for leaving Manly was a bit rich, considering he had coached two Sea Eagle sides to premiership. These days loyalty generally only applies when the money is right or you have no where else to go. Like Foran, he had a right to choose to seek the money. Its not the 60s when you were paid pocket money, to booster your main job during the week. Its a business and players and coaches would be naïve to not go where the money is offered if the club you might love is paying you half that much. So if Hasler comes back, great. Foran, though, I think is past his best, and was actually at his peak 7 years ago. Been down hill since then.

Anyone who spilled blood for the Sea Eagles and helped win a premiership, deserves respect in my mind. Zorba has done and said some silly things over the years, but who hasn't and we all know where his heart lies. He's family as far as I'm concerned. As for Hasler, I always felt the criticism laid on him for leaving Manly was a bit rich, considering he had coached two Sea Eagle sides to premiership. These days loyalty generally only applies when the money is right or you have no where else to go. Like Foran, he had a right to choose to seek the money. Its not the 60s when you were paid pocket money, to booster your main job during the week. Its a business and players and coaches would be naïve to not go where the money is offered if the club you might love is paying you half that much. So if Hasler comes back, great. Foran, though, I think is past his best, and was actually at his peak 7 years ago. Been down hill since then.
Putting things in perspective very well feathered friend .
We will agree to agree

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8