Zorba: 'They’re dummies that don’t know the game'

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Zorba could have easily changed this whole situation by simply saying. "Manly fans expect us to be the best because we are the best! They don't take losing lightly and nor should they. We will bounce back dont worry about us" instead he refers to his own clubs supporters as dummies. Who does that?? How can Penn honestly not be worried about the effect this imbecile has on his bottom line. Maybe they think Zorba is funny or something but I can't see how Penn wouldn't want to pull him in the office and tell him to shut his trap. Even Fulton has his faults but he would never be so stupid to berate his own fans. Its really sad.

I've tried to stay out of all of this, and the source on that article isn't really revealed. If it is true then it's pretty bad and I would expect some damage control to come out of it. I can only comment on the article and as it's written there is it either a pretty bad assassination of someones character or a pretty bad damnation of one. Either way to speak of the fans like that is crazy, they are the lifeblood of the club, without them there is no club, and no one to play to. They may as well pack in move to allianz or shift the license on to someone else.

What I will say is the vitriol we have seen over the past few weeks and the rubbish coming out of some supporters mouths you can understand, to go around wishing death or injury on players etc is pretty wrong and you can see why that would garner this type of response.

I've tried to stay out of all of this, and the source on that article isn't really revealed. If it is true then it's pretty bad and I would expect some damage control to come out of it. I can only comment on the article and as it's written there is it either a pretty bad assassination of someones character or a pretty bad damnation of one. Either way to speak of the fans like that is crazy, they are the lifeblood of the club, without them there is no club, and no one to play to. They may as well pack in move to allianz or shift the license on to someone else.

What I will say is the vitriol we have seen over the past few weeks and the rubbish coming out of some supporters mouths you can understand, to go around wishing death or injury on players etc is pretty wrong and you can see why that would garner this type of response.

Sadly two wrongs don't make a right!

Well said Dan, as always.

There have been a couple of over-the-top comments/suggestions made, but surely even Blind Freddy can see that was a very small minority, and they were jumped on pretty quickly by other posters as well.

Most of the discussion, feedback, suggestions and even venting on here is at least fairly measured, and sometimes even constructive.

At best, a response like that, if it was actually prompted by that sort of rubbish, is an overreaction - giving the whole class a detention because one kid chucked a paper aeroplane. A media manager should know better...but then, we already know this one doesn't.

I've tried to stay out of all of this, and the source on that article isn't really revealed. If it is true then it's pretty bad and I would expect some damage control to come out of it.

Dan, the source of the article is the video interview with him on the same site (sportingnews.com). Just hit the "Play" button on the embedded video and you'll hear it straight from the horse's mouth.
I'm guessing it's Zorba (and the site) being deliberately provocative/confrontational. That was always the "Hollywood and Zorba" 2KY style. Old school, out of date, and doesn't work all that well when the team is consistently losing. But he knows the media and I'm sure he knows (or thinks he knows) what he's doing.

Dan, the source of the article is the video interview with him on the same site (sportingnews.com). Just hit the "Play" button on the embedded video and you'll hear it straight from the horse's mouth.
I'm guessing it's Zorba (and the site) being deliberately provocative/confrontational. That was always the "Hollywood and Zorba" 2KY style. Old school, out of date, and doesn't work all that well when the team is consistently losing. But he knows the media and I'm sure he knows (or thinks he knows) what he's doing.

He said it all right.

And if he was just a media person with past experience you'd laugh and call him a dick!

However, he holds a seat on the MWSE board and is in essence " the media manager".

Truly it's not a very good look is it?

Last edited:
I have been saying for ever that Zorba Peters is a disgrace. He has done nothing other than create problems at that club. His creepy comments toward Megan Barnard really topped it off. If he supposedly knows the game, then no one does. He should focus on learning to keep quiet and fixing that disgusting appearance. He is not exactly a picture of self respect.

This was the same format where he unveiled his infamous "irrelevant" comment. The whole 3 stooges routine of Zorba, his media lapdog Ritchie and some microphone holding muppet is cringeworthy. I'm not sure what mark they are trying to hit, but I'm pretty sure they've missed it.

Seriously? So the fan base should be polite when speaking of a foul mouth coward who has consistently insulted the very people who pay the memberships and are there for the team? You must be joking.

Say what you want away from here - ultimately we all have a choice in how we react. Do you race to the bottom (and create issues for the site we all love) or do you try handle this with a touch of class.

Just to make it clear I am not condoning what was said not saying you do not have a right to be offended (as I am)....I am just saying on these pages avoid making statements which could lead to further issues

Speaking of dummies...this would be the 'good sort' man; also the bloke that poured scorn in recent years on a player who had mental health issues.

The bloke that Hasler criticised for having no idea re: the club media role in the 21st Century...yes, that dummy.
How good would have it been if Darrell Williams had the opportunity to punch all those gallons of fat out of that disgraceful slob Zorba Peters? That would have been an outstanding result.

Say what you want away from here - ultimately we all have a choice in how we react. Do you race to the bottom (and create issues for the site we all love) or do you try handle this with a touch of class.

Just to make it clear I am not condoning what was said not saying you do not have a right to be offended (as I am)....I am just saying on these pages avoid making statements which could lead to further issues
So they run this site do they? It wasn't the hard work of Dan? This country is not a communist regime so no need for the sanctimonious nonsense. As for handling it with 'class' Zorba Peters came out of a gutter, I will go down there to kick him back down one.

2017-03-15-00-04-15-1788749121.jpeg

Who hungry

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8