Zorba: 'They’re dummies that don’t know the game'

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I've tried to stay out of all of this, and the source on that article isn't really revealed. If it is true then it's pretty bad and I would expect some damage control to come out of it. I can only comment on the article and as it's written there is it either a pretty bad assassination of someones character or a pretty bad damnation of one. Either way to speak of the fans like that is crazy, they are the lifeblood of the club, without them there is no club, and no one to play to. They may as well pack in move to allianz or shift the license on to someone else.

What I will say is the vitriol we have seen over the past few weeks and the rubbish coming out of some supporters mouths you can understand, to go around wishing death or injury on players etc is pretty wrong and you can see why that would garner this type of response.
Remember not be sensible Dan.;)

Dummies have feelings too and let me tell you they're pretty pissed off
SeaEagles_Beanie2_SC.jpg SeaEagles_HankyHeadBand_SC.jpg SeaEagles_NeckScarf_SC.jpg SeaEagles_TubeBandana_SC.jpg

Not hard to be tough when you have a heap of cash behind you to threaten to sue anyone or owners of sites who publish bad things about you either.

That said, I don't think he is a coward, that's a pretty strong term and would certainly resent the implication if it was made my way as well.

I also asked my dog what she thought about it all....

She

well

SWmro0L.jpg
I like your dog.
I'm going to follow her advice and do this exact move next time we lose.

Remember not be sensible Dan.;)

I agree 100%. I would think zorba may get a rap over the knuckles over this.

But
In the interview he claims he doesnt go on public forums . In the past at least we know that isnt true. But in the past and still clearly now , many think he is responsible for evertything from the titanic sinking to the price of petrol , and world famine, some because he is an easy target and some because of peoples agendas.

it gets way to spiteful at times. And often refuses to recongnise the decades of service he has given the club. Many great eras has had his involvement.

He was a dummy to return serve, but who wouldnt . Imagine if the years of abuse were directed at you. Have you seen peoples reactions on here when they get a few trolls mor a parra supporter jumps on

I've tried to stay out of all of this, and the source on that article isn't really revealed. If it is true then it's pretty bad and I would expect some damage control to come out of it. I can only comment on the article and as it's written there is it either a pretty bad assassination of someones character or a pretty bad damnation of one. Either way to speak of the fans like that is crazy, they are the lifeblood of the club, without them there is no club, and no one to play to. They may as well pack in move to allianz or shift the license on to someone else.

What I will say is the vitriol we have seen over the past few weeks and the rubbish coming out of some supporters mouths you can understand, to go around wishing death or injury on players etc is pretty wrong and you can see why that would garner this type of response.
Sporting News is Adam Lucius and Dean Ritchie and Peter Peters.
The video is of these three men talking, so the 'horse's mouth' is the source :swear:

Last year the Saints were attacking Doust daily, even forming and OustDoust march.

Yet when asked about the outburst he rationally had the following viewpoint

Yet Doust, who suffers the burden of running a club with a large and passionate supporter base while having an inconveniently rhyming surname, is remarkably sanguine about such abuse.

“I can’t have it both ways,’’ he says. ‘’I can’t bathe in the passion of the fans who make this club such an exciting place to be and react when things aren’t going so well. You have to take the good with the bad.’’

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/opi...t/news-story/19a2ec203ec01c5378804ff7d73adae1

Reminds me of another Corporate who took Customer grievances seriously - this only lasted 3 months before the 'dummies' got their preferred product back :p
150px-New_Coke_can.jpg

Look...though we may all get up in arms about this and feel insulted...he clearly wasn't generalising about Manly fans. The question he was asked was about the "vitriol" that gets cast about...and it does...of social media. People troll Nate Myles ruthlessly, DCE as well. In many cases, these people ARE keyboard warriors who feel all tough and safe behind their screens. In many cases they ARE full of it, and don't know the game, or even in many cases how to spell, or get players' names right. They are the internet trolls, not the fans. On here, we make reasonably objective remarks and have strong opinions, but I'd like to think that we are not the people out there making fun of players on their Facebook accounts, and not the sort of people who hurl online abuse at the club from behind a screen. To me, it seems like these clowns are the object of Zorba's words, NOT the fans who have strong opinions and passion for their club.

I think the video has been pulled. It's not opening in the link anymore and I couldn't find it on the site. Although admittedly it's a nightmare to navigate and I may have missed it.

I agree 100%. I would think zorba may get a rap over the knuckles over this.

But
In the interview he claims he doesnt go on public forums . In the past at least we know that isnt true. But in the past and still clearly now , many think he is responsible for evertything from the titanic sinking to the price of petrol , and world famine, some because he is an easy target and some because of peoples agendas.

it gets way to spiteful at times. And often refuses to recongnise the decades of service he has given the club. Many great eras has had his involvement.

He was a dummy to return serve, but who wouldnt . Imagine if the years of abuse were directed at you. Have you seen peoples reactions on here when they get a few trolls mor a parra supporter jumps on
It is no secret that any time there is any disenchantment regarding Manly, that Kim Jong Zorb is behind the suppression of it and then sends his attack dogs Rothfool, Ritchie now Hadley to start the propaganda machine against whomever is questioning the clubs direction. I hope Penn is driving this change through Cleary, that tells me he is at least concerned about our current predicament.

Sorry to butt in. I can stay silent no longer.

The main reason we are having our woes is all down to one thing. Bob Fulton.

He was given carte blanche to make changes and improve things. He has made changes and we are worse. In all areas of the club, both on and off field.

Last season we finished worse off in EVERY grade from the year before. He helped get rid of players. Players were on shaky ground and still are unsure of futures. Look at Buhrer. He and Parcell were there and then all of sudden not. Don't think for one minute they wanted to leave. Check it out with them if you can. This creates an uncertainty in the playing group. This has been there since Bobby came in.

He has removed very good experienced people in various departments and replaced them with his family or his friends. Have a look will you.

On the football front, he appointed the coach, the coaching staff and the background people. Nearly all of whom bar a couple, were new from 2016. They are all BFFs (Bob Fulton's Friends).

As for Zorba. You decide whether he's fit or not to stand on the board.

On his daughter and the tiff with Cleary. Why is there one? The Boss has fired the football director's daughter. Who he brought in by making someone previous unemployed.

Whilst thankful for his past efforts. That was the past. We are Manly. Not a toy he can use to help his family and friends.

It is no secret that any time there is any disenchantment regarding Manly, that Kim Jong Zorb is behind the suppression of it and then sends his attack dogs Rothfool, Ritchie now Hadley to start the propaganda machine against whomever is questioning the clubs direction. I hope Penn is driving this change through Cleary, that tells me he is at least concerned about our current predicament.

Just to clarify, im not saying he is an angel, just understanding why he trades barbs with the fans

Reminds me of another Corporate who took Customer grievances seriously - this only lasted 3 months before the 'dummies' got their preferred product back :p
150px-New_Coke_can.jpg
Just as an aside, Coke has a history of doing this; when 'Mother' first came out it tasted like dishwashing liquid and flopped - the feedback was very harsh. Instead of sooking about it, they owned it and remade it - they accompanied this with a marketing campaign basically bagging out their original version and acknowledging how crap it was. They listened to their customer base and changed it accordingly.

Now the consumers weren't scientific experts who offered advice as to the composition of the drink; however, they knew it tasted crap and that it wasn't going to be successful......

Last edited:
Just wondering what NRL headquarters thinks of all this?

Surely they are totally against club officials insulting club fans like this? I'm absolutely gob smacked, it looks horrible for the WHOLE code. About time nrl muzzled this guy.

Video should also be forwarded on to all media outlets along with petition/letter outlaying our disgust at this. This Sh!t should not be tolerated.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8