Zorba: 'They’re dummies that don’t know the game'

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
It was a good power play by zorba, well thought out.

Proved he could get articles taken down from the roar and (disappointingly) here, yet can say what he likes and it is published willingly. All allegedly of course.

I dunno, it all sucks guys, but for me, I'll just focus on the players as I believe most are putting in and hope for a win this weekend. It's healthier for me (us?)

It's raining so I'm going up the mountain to get above the rain.

I have left over pizza.

edit: Though I do believe insulting people or members whilst simultaneously taking away their right of reply is a bit thin skinned.

Last edited:
Fact #1: Bob Fulton, the real Bozo and not the one in these forums, has not been successful in rugby league since he coached the team to the 1997 ARL Grand Final, a game we lost when we shouldn't have. He has presided over a decade of failure by the NSW Origin team with selections that have at times bordered on insanity (and if you think he took his demotion from being NSW's chief selector lying down, think again. From what I have been told he didn't walk away willingly). And now since he has been back in a position of power at Manly we have, in the space of 3 years, gone from a team that only just missed the 2014 GF, to just missing the top 8 in 2015 and since then we have been a turnstile with some 40 players and one coach cut from the club and have been entrenched in the bottom 4.

Successful? I think not. They say that some players live on past reputations, but right now I'd say that Fulton the administrator is doing exactly that.

Fact #2: Peter Peters' continual attacks on Manly fans, either via his column in the paper or through things like this, is completely unprofessional for someone who holds a position of power within the club. There are a number of other clubs going through their own troubles, yet do you ever hear any one from those clubs continually attacking their fan base like Zorba does? Did anyone from the Tigpies come out and blast their fans over their comments about what was happening with Robbie Farah? Did anyone from Newcastle come out and attack their fans after they vented their frustrations over last year when they only won one single game? Yet Manly fans say anything about how the club currently is and Peters is straight away in the media giving them what for. Apparently we're sausage roll eating dummies, cowards who know nothing and we need to shut up because we're irrelevant.

Is it irrelevant that of the 16 NRL clubs, Manly runs 15th for membership numbers? If people like Zorba continue to alienate and attack the fan base at every opportunity we won't be 15th and we won't be attracting more members, we'll be dead last and losing them.

And its not just in these forums where fans are venting their frustrations and sometimes anger. Before it was taken down, Keith's article had a big response in Facebook with the general feeling being that he was right on the money.

Dan, the source of the article is the video interview with him on the same site (sportingnews.com). Just hit the "Play" button on the embedded video and you'll hear it straight from the horse's mouth.
I'm guessing it's Zorba (and the site) being deliberately provocative/confrontational. That was always the "Hollywood and Zorba" 2KY style. Old school, out of date, and doesn't work all that well when the team is consistently losing. But he knows the media and I'm sure he knows (or thinks he knows) what he's doing.
Old school definitely is the sense I am getting.

The world has moved on, media has moved on and social media engagement is probably one of the number one outlets for the club, lets hope they are trying to incite action rather than trying to hurt personalities

Seriously? So the fan base should be polite when speaking of a foul mouth coward who has consistently insulted the very people who pay the memberships and are there for the team? You must be joking.
I don't know that I would call him a coward, he isn't hiding from who he is and who is making the comments. He is putting himself out there and from what I know of zorba he wouldn't be afraid to make the comments to your face, that makes him anything but a coward!

Not hard to be tough when you have a heap of cash behind you to threaten to sue anyone or owners of sites who publish bad things about you either.

That said, I don't think he is a coward, that's a pretty strong term and would certainly resent the implication if it was made my way as well.

I also asked my dog what she thought about it all....

She

well

SWmro0L.jpg

Well so much for all of us being in this together. This is just unbelievable, and yet not at all a surprise.

Dear Peter Peters (sir your highness or whatever the minions call you). We apologise for not having your vast knowledge of rugby league, we were of the belief that when the other team out scores you (often by 20 or more points) that things weren't going great and we actually lost the game????? Apparently we were wrong. We apologise.

We also apologise for turning up to games, having our food thrown in the bin by overzealous security guards and then having the gall to go and grab a pie or sausage roll..apparently that is also not appropriate. Can you please advise how we should support???? Because at the moment we are all confused.

We seriously want to know what is the end game? I've supported Manly for about 35 years, through some great times and some pretty ordinary ones, and in that time I have never witnessed another NRL club attack its fans the way you have and repeatedly have.

I have been umming and ahhing about renewing my membership. So thank you for helping me make my mind up and saving me and my family around 200 dollars. I'm going to spend it on some Newcastle Jets jerseys for my kids.

So they run this site do they? It wasn't the hard work of Dan? This country is not a communist regime so no need for the sanctimonious nonsense. As for handling it with 'class' Zorba Peters came out of a gutter, I will go down there to kick him back down one.
Not sure I can put it any other way...let me try again

You say awful things about someone on here (say have a go at how they look or call them a derogatory term) then you are the one who can be held accountable- it just makes life difficult for the site.

If you like this place and do want to make it easier for Dan then it is not that hard - post what you like as long as it is respectful.

I don't know that I would call him a coward, he isn't hiding from who he is and who is making the comments. He is putting himself out there and from what I know of zorba he wouldn't be afraid to make the comments to your face, that makes him anything but a coward!
Hang on, are you telling me the C in ZtC does not stand for coward? Hmm now what else could it be.

I am a little worried we may lose this thread as well. It is hard not to attack the person but we must not descend to personal attacks. Demolish his statements by all means but surely it is not helping to call someone a "BFC" - and yes, I am no lightweight myself. I love the passsion here, I want the club to thrive again. But keep the arguments passionate and civil. Play the ball not the man.

I think I need one of Bozo's gifs. Maybe a Bible verse with a sunrise behind it.

Sadly, Zorba's "credibility" as Manly champion fell away years ago.

Personally, if a member of my staff made a comment about our customers like he has about Manly fans, I would dismiss that person immediately.

Whether he is right or wrong is irrelevant, he has now done damage to the Manly Sea Eagles brand and should be dealt with accordingly.

Whilst I appreciate Dan and the mods position , I wonder is the same pressure being placed on Mark Zuckerberg, because if you reckon it's bad on Silvertails then I suggest a look at the myriad of Facebook pages will tell you this is pretty tame.

TBH, I'm in total disbelief that the MWSE haven't gone into damage control on this one.

You already have a very pissed off fan base, a team that's about to face its 7th loss in a row AND you then have a board member telling the fans they are " sausage roll eating dummies".

I've been a committed fan for many many years and I can't ever remember being told I'm " dumb" , and insinuating I shouldn't have an opinion.

Seriously, this is about as low as they can go and certainly will determine how I spend my hard earned in future years.

Two things. 1. Respect is a two way street. 2. We don't live in a world where everyone respects everyone else. There are many people in this world I have little or no respect for. Where that leaves a footy forum which almost by definition is about passionate people talking with passion about something they love, I don't know. If we all have to play nice and only say nice things, this site may as well not exist. They should just reopen the official website forum.
Is that hard? Really?

Criticise all you want just do not call people names.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8