Welcome Trent

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
As I've said before, while I like many others would rather Tooves keep his job until at least the end of next year when his contract ran out, I will support Trent Barrett as our coach.

I don't want him to fail because that means we're not winning games.
Exactly. No one person is bigger than the club. That includes Tooves and Zorba and any of the Penn's. We support the jersey first and foremost.

Exactly. No one person is bigger than the club. That includes Tooves and Zorba and any of the Penn's. We support the jersey first and foremost.
I agree with what you're saying but losing Tooves has personally been a real kick in the guts and it's going to take some of us a little longer to forgive.

I think there are two issues here. One is the coach and the other is what they are doing about recruitment.

Concerning the coach, I think the Penns have behaved abominably. They have pushed a favourite son out by decimating his squad to a point where they were struggling to be competitive without giving him effective replacements. I know the salary cap issue contributed and especially the back end contracts, but they set Toovey up to fail and I suspect it was personal. I have nothing against Barrett, and he may succeed and good luck to him. But to replace an experienced and successful coach with a virtual novice says to me they just wanted Toovey out. Why didnt they consider Heath, the U20s coach for example? And is it co-incidence that they are now changing their recruitment policy. Disgraceful..

The second issue though, which I think is where Fulton comes in (and I dont think he's behind Toovey's sacking) is the clean out. I can see the logic in this even though it may seem painful for some of the better performing players nearing the twilight years. Manly has a bunch of outstanding young players coming through and space and money has to be made available for them or they will leave. Kids like Demetriou, Knight, Ramien, Bainbridge, Pearsall, Chee-Kam, Satini etc have to know there is space for them opening up for higher honours and pay. We've lost a couple of top juniors in recent years, the latest being Sao. Other clubs are swooping. We must have the money to keep them.

Further bringing in one or two top liners and a bunch of top youngsters also enhances this.tactic, in my opinion. Wrong decision regarding Toovey. Right decision regarding recruitment policy (finally).

I agree with what you're saying but losing Tooves has personally been a real kick in the guts and it's going to take some of us a little longer to forgive.
I felt the same when Bozo went to Easts, Fatty was sacked, and they didn't renew Beaver's contract. Those feelings pass, but the support for whoever in playing for the famous Manly Sea Eagles never dies.

I felt the same when Bozo went to Easts, Fatty was sacked, and they didn't renew Beaver's contract. Those feelings pass, but the support for whoever in playing for the famous Manly Sea Eagles never dies.
Yes for now I will only be supporting the Manly players & not club management.

Just saw a photo of TB. A bit disconcerting that he's also got some fashionable stubble! Will Scotty put up with him doing this? Will he think that Trent is taking the pissout of him??

I have just been thinking about the pressure TB will be under as soon as he arrives.

After what's transpired in 2015 it will be immense.

Glad it's him and not me.

Last edited:
I have just been thinking about the pressure TB will be under as soon as he arrives.

After what's transpired in 2016 it will be immense.

Didn't realise we skipped a year mark " What's transpired in 2015 it will be immense " is what you were looking for.

After what's transpired in 2016 it will be immense.

It wont be only TB that will be under pressure , Every one involved in making this change will be

By all accounts Trent is a gentleman and has a good footy brain. I hope he doesn't have to put up with political interference from the board and owners at every turn.

If we are 0-5 the hatchet men will be out.

The Des rumours will heat up.

Barrett was never my cup of tea as a player and I dont care for him as coach. John Cartwright, ppffftt I like the passionate type who has shed blood for our team.

I reckon Geoff Toovey would make a great coach.

It doesnt take much to look into the future and imagine one day:

NRL Coach: G. Toovey
Operations Manager Football: S. Menzies
Fitness & Conditioning: M. Ballin
Recruitment: B. Fulton
Legal Advisory: J. King
Why is'nt the Beaver more involved with Manly? Or does he hold a position i am unaware of? I asked because he & spud are my favourite players...hence the name killerspud!

The Beaver, like Hindmarsh at at Parramatta, shows good judgement having nothing to do with this horrid organisation.

When the bloodletting is finally over maybe he will get involved.

It doesnt take much to look into the future and imagine one day:

NRL Coach: G. Toovey
Operations Manager Football: S. Menzies
Fitness & Conditioning: M. Ballin
Recruitment: B. Fulton
Legal Advisory: J. King

Biggest loser producers: the Penns
Contestant: P. Peters

Do not and will not believe a non Manly affiliated coach can have the same passion as a Manly stalwart....

Here's one for the tin foil hat brigade Barrett warming the seat till G Stewart is ready to take over in about 3 years

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6