Welcome Trent

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Poor old Trent could be the 2016 Manly coaching equivalent of Craig Field.

Hope he has some personal mine detection gear handy.

Appears that some people are already deathriding Barrett. He's done absolutely nothing wrong. No doubt Bozo has given him confidence to accept what would be a daunting gig, given our 'in house' culture and our expectation of success. He seems like a good guy, and as Manly coach he'll get my support, just as Toovey has had my support.

Here's hoping he can put a bit of Blue Steel in the defence…

zoolander600_jpg_600x600_autocrop_q85.jpg

I look forward to this new attitude that the club has. I will welcome Daniel Mortimer or maybe Mitch Cornish when they come in to replace DCE as he is paid out of the rest of his contract for losing 2 games in a row.
Daniel Mortimer!....that's not even funny man...geez...where's the Xanax!

Let's face it, we couldn't go through another season like this one. It seems obvious that 2V and the Board are not 'stronger together', so there had to be a change.
2V has lost nothing in the eyes of we fans.
Trent will have my full support . . .
but if he and the management force us to endure the same crap next year then we'll have to enlist Rusty to Unleash Hell.

Anyone who coaches Manly gets my support....that even included Peter Sharp!!
Theres been a heap of change & after so much dominance it was always inevitable.
Thing is, Barrett will bring plenty of modern ideas & also has some great connections to both NRL & rising stars - does not at all offend Tooves to throw support to Barrett - knowing the little legends attitude he will back the new coach to do well himself.

So Arko reckons coaches should only stick around for about 5 years otherwise they get stale. What do you all expect from Barrett in his 5 year stint?

This is going to be an instance where I really hope to be wrong but I think his appointment is going to stink. I'll be fair to him but if his results are poor then he should absolutely be moved on for one of the premier coaches in the game.

Call me optimistic but i belive Manly is in the verge of another era of success. We are only a couple of decent forwards away from success and we have a couple of good ones coming through. It just needs to be Managed correctly. I am very bitter with how this has played out and that Toovey never got the fair go he deserved.

I welcome our new coach but I do not respect him. Respect is earnt. Anything less then top 8 is my expectation, I have no doubt Toovey would of got us there.

My personal comments to TB today when it became official was to give away surfing and concentrate on coaching cause you can't surf for ****e

I for one believe he will have a fair crack at being successful as a NRL first grade coach but we will continue to see change as our new 10 year dynasty begins to take shape

Can't ever imagine a time when I would not be able to yell out Go MAnly to wankers with conviction
Go Manly

Like many others I've stated on other threads my undying appreciation for Tooves, but I am glad this has finally been put to bed.

So welcome Trent, I'm 100 percent behind you and wish you all the best. I'm sure you can appreciate why we have been against your signing, it's not you, it's Tooves. Manly fans fight tooth and nail for our boys. And Tooves is head on that list. But now you are in the Manly fold, and we behind you.

As my wife said today (roosters fan), 'well you might not have the best coach but you have the hottest!'.

Trent????

Is this serious....Trent????

a 'Trent' is going to coach Manly!!

Welcome to the Manly Family Trent... Everyone comes from somewhere, and once they are here they cherrish this club forever... Trent will have my full support. Who knows maybe deep down he always wanted to be at Manly.....it's not in his best interest to fail, and I think he will be instilled with the Manly let's get winning attitude... Plus well get even more female supporters..I think we now have the best looking coach in the league...

So sad for Toovey. Under different circumstances, he could have equalled the club record as a two time premiership winning coach; we were truly robbed in the GF v Roosters and he inherited a salary cap nightmare, ageing roster and so much rubbish that was not of his doing. I was in his supporters camp from start to end.

But the decision has been made and and like most fans, I follow Manly to my death and give them undying loyalty, just like Tooves.

I'll have to somehow forget that I always used to niggle Saints supporters that they would never win a title with Barrett at 5/8. I'll have to put away my prejudice that we will be coached by a someone with no Manly history. But I have no choice really, so welcome Baz and all the best.

It's a sad day to finally hear about toovs sacking,buts it's not like it was the biggest secret,so Trent Barrett to coach the mighty sea eagles a club which I have loved passionately for over 40 years I've and in that time most of the coaches have come from within,and I always had the belief that we needed to be coached from within but here we have an outsider never to have played for the mighty maroons and wonder if he can instill the passion not only to himself but the way that the culture is at this club also he as to learn the us them mentality which this club as built it's foundation on in being so successful over many years,also if he can handle the hate towards us not only as a team but as fans,then he will be a success,and most of all we are manly the greatest team on this earth I love our fans,to me if your an eagle fan then your family,I love this club and always till the day I die,so Mr Barrett if you can show us the fans the love that we have for this club you will be welcomed with open arms.

Too early for any hospitality...I'm not thru with hostilities towards management (sic).....

As I've said before, while I like many others would rather Tooves keep his job until at least the end of next year when his contract ran out, I will support Trent Barrett as our coach.

I don't want him to fail because that means we're not winning games.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4