By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.SignUp Now!
All I will say is ask Brad hazzard he is the member who is responsible for the northern beaches funding of Brookvale it’s in his seat of wakehurst.
he has been in long enough yet still has got nothing for Brookvale oval
Sorry that doesn't do it for me should of happened oh maybe 10 years ago but yes he did get us this but not enough in my eyes.
Now that's the talk I like to hear from Penn.The Panthers’ home ground looks as if it will be the first to receive government funding for redevelopment, but the Sea Eagles don’t want to be forgotten.www.smh.com.au
Let’s break it down:After the building and opening of the Arko Stand, the major works to Brookie have been the installing of lights and the extension to the Jane Try Stand. Not a new stand mind you, just a 20-30 metre extension that looks exactly the same as the rest of the stand.
The CoE is really the first really major redevelopment of Brookie since the Arko Stand.
Meanwhile, elsewhere in the NRL in Sydney/NSW since the mid-90s.....
- Campbelltown got completely redeveloped to what it is now.
- Kogarah got major renovations while PM John Howard was the clubs #1 ticket holder.
- Newcastle Stadium was almost completely re-developed with two brand new grandstands
- Wollongong Showground got a new stand backing onto their Entertainment Centre, plus the old grandstand was torn down and replaced with a 2 tier structure.
- Endeavour received a new stand and is now temporarily closed while under major re-development.
- Parramatta Stadium was torn down completely and replaced with bankwest.
- The SFS was torn down after only 30 years and is now being rebuilt into the same size, but will obviously be much more modern.
Brookvale and Penrith are the only full time NRL venues in Sydney or NSW that have not received major upgrades over the past 27 years, and I'm not 100% sure about Penrith in that category (I've not included the SCG as its really only being used as a temporary venue by the Chooks until the new SFS is built and opened).