Watmough Unleashes On DCE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Seriously guys, you are sitting here and saying Chez should have played 4 years at $50k a season after being a premiership winning half?

Its all good for millionare Watmough to say we're playing for unders, but my I dare say he wouldnt stand around for even one moment and accept $50k. That request is absolutely absurd and it sums up Watmoughs intelligence to compare himself as being in a similar situation and recommend taking one for the team.

Dropping $150k a year to stay at $700k inst remotely comparable to telling someone to sit on $50k.

I can vouch for the fact Watmough took unders. In fact, he had a revised Contract drawn and signed for lower money to accommodate the rest of the playing group. I know, the NRL accidentally faxed my home the Contract, which I told the club about !

Also, the salary he was supposedly earning according to what the media suggested was laughable at best.

All the other stuff, I know nothing about. All I DO know, is DCE excelled when he had a team around him that included guys like Lyon, Stewart, Gift, Matai, Kite and others. Right now, DCE looks both lost, and disinterested.

THIS bloke broke his body for this club, as did your other so called Clique players. Stewart bros, choc, J Lyon, Matai, kite, Ballin. A 42 yr old Donkey could have walked into this side and been the halfback and been successful. To deny how great that team is, is denying our own history.

And Guess what, Mcmoney balls is being found out. Can’t kick, can’t organise, Cant play. Our past legends hate him, some of our current players hate him, Qld players and coaches hate him, Our own fans hate him. But he’s a great player right? Pfffft
Not our real fans

Just the posers

DCE was robbed of the 2011 Clive Churchill

He's been leading the team in kick chases

His form dropped after he was not selected for origin, must hurt being easily the best current QLD half to be overlooked for a choker

The sad thing is, in some circles you don’t have to be cocky or patronising to end up being labelled as such. Sometimes doing nothing more than pursuing a slightly different path in life (say, choosing to go home to your wife and kids instead of ‘kicking on with the boys’ all night, or just being a bit smarter and better educated in general) will get you the ‘thinks they’re better than us’ label.

For me, it was being a kid from not-the-nicest-part-of-Western Sydney who got sent to a selective high school in a much better part of town - that got me the ‘thinks she’s better than us’ label for doing stuff like actually turning up to school most days, instead of dipping my toes into minor drug addictions and teenage pregnancy with the neighbourhood kids. I’ve always thought there was a touch of that about the bad wrap DCE gets, being a fair bit more polished and well spoken than your average boofhead footy player.
Yep great call! And 100% agree. It's all about perceptions isn't it. But regardless, we have a problem. And DCE as skipper isn't the solution. He's playing bad and we're playing bad.

Not our real fans

Just the posers

DCE was robbed of the 2011 Clive Churchill

He's been leading the team in kick chases

His form dropped after he was not selected for origin, must hurt being easily the best current QLD half to be overlooked for a choker
Your right mate. I meant the fans that haven’t got there eyes painted on, cheers for clearing that up..

Seriously guys, you are sitting here and saying Chez should have played 4 years at $50k a season after being a premiership winning half?

Its all good for millionare Watmough to say we're playing for unders, but my I dare say he wouldnt stand around for even one moment and accept $50k. That request is absolutely absurd and it sums up Watmoughs intelligence to compare himself as being in a similar situation and recommend taking one for the team.

Dropping $150k a year to stay at $700k inst remotely comparable to telling someone to sit on $50k.

Yep, Choc went from unknown an 18yo to SOO in the space of three years, so when did his manager put the hard word on the club to up the $$$ or are we expected to believe that he just took what the club offered him?

Interesting response on Twitter from Joel Thompson

02FEDC3A-D181-4F2B-B245-49D9A52A0472.jpeg

I loved Choc with an unnatural passion when he was here but this is pretty average.

Choc left for more money and much bagged the joint out on the way…..Compare his actions to someone like Brent Kite.
As for Daly it is interesting how he is treated. He wanted to stay (for less money) but the club decided on retaining Foz…and then he managed to get a better deal out of it.
Again he was happy to stay for less but the club mucked it up. I am sure if your employer came to you offering more money you would knock it back

Much of the scuttlebutt against him seems to come from unnamed sources rather than what he has done. There are legitimate concerns over his form but the crap over his contract is just plain boring

Especially as just in his rookie year alone, he won a premiership and got selected to the Kangaroos for the Four Nations. Then he played for Australia again in the 2012 Anzac Test. Then in 2013 he gets selected for Origin, winning the series, played in his second GF, winning the Churchill Medal, and played for Australia and was part of the winning World Cup Final team (he was on the bench).

If Choc had done that in his first 3 seasons he wouldn't have been happy just being on $50,000 per year when others who hadn't achieved half as much were running around on at least 5 or 6 times that much.

By the end of 2013, DCE was hot property in rugby league. What player wouldn't want to be earning more?

This from Joel T (nrl.coN)

"I love being here, there has been a bit of adversity but it is what it is and we just have to get on with it," Thompson said.

"It's probably been my toughest year football-wise with so much drama and the Days of our Lives stuff that's been going on here.

"But I've learned a lot about myself and the game… people come out of the woodwork when you're going poorly and want to keep you down.

"They keep you down there with personal attacks, we had one today with Choc [Watmough] going at DCE and it just shows where you're at when you're losing and the type of people that come after you when you're struggling.

"But it's good too, you learn from yourself and you grow out of it."

Forget all the dribble even though I tend to believe his telling the truth, Damn he was a good player for Manly just one of the best forwards I have ever seen

For Mouth from the south to come out and criticize dce for what happened years ago will more then likely do us more harm then good . Im sure dce is thick skinned but why in the hell for what benefit is Watmough going to get out of this . He's basically layed the boot into manly again . Jealousy is what it is and i dont blame cherry for taking the cash as a young fellow.

This from Joel T (nrl.coN)

"I love being here, there has been a bit of adversity but it is what it is and we just have to get on with it," Thompson said.

"It's probably been my toughest year football-wise with so much drama and the Days of our Lives stuff that's been going on here.

"But I've learned a lot about myself and the game… people come out of the woodwork when you're going poorly and want to keep you down.

"They keep you down there with personal attacks, we had one today with Choc [Watmough] going at DCE and it just shows where you're at when you're losing and the type of people that come after you when you're struggling.

"But it's good too, you learn from yourself and you grow out of it."
Sounds like Joel is the real Dalai :clap:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8