Watmough Unleashes On DCE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Agree with everything you’ve said Woodsie . And I’ll say this, a team doesn’t get to the finals for 10 straight years with 1,2 or 3 guys being great mates. It takes 10,11,12,13 men working as one.im not saying they were perfect but they understood what it took to be a great TEAM not just great players.

That team was united until a certain Mcmoney ball Evans appeared, hand pushed out asking for more. We’ve had trouble in the playing ranks ever since, who’s at the centre of it? Mcmoney. Ball. Evans.

Can’t kick, can’t organise, can’t play. Old Mcmoney ball Evans.
Apart from all that, is there anything about DCE that you don’t like?

Agree with everything you’ve said Woodsie . And I’ll say this, a team doesn’t get to the finals for 10 straight years with 1,2 or 3 guys being great mates. It takes 10,11,12,13 men working as one.im not saying they were perfect but they understood what it took to be a great TEAM not just great players.

That team was united until a certain Mcmoney ball Evans appeared, hand pushed out asking for more. We’ve had trouble in the playing ranks ever since, who’s at the centre of it? Mcmoney. Ball. Evans.

Can’t kick, can’t organise, can’t play. Old Mcmoney ball Evans.

Hozza .... I know you don't like the cherry .... but the fact is that 28 of our 30 players are only here because we offered them more money than another club ......

I can agree with your dislike based on his form .... but the money side is now universal ..... it is a gladiatorial game played by mercenaries .... all you can hope for is that you recruit mercenaries with some principle and character ....

Did Alan Thompson feel the need to ‘get it off his chest’ about the way Manly treated him in 1989? Or Geoff Toovey in 2015? Or Jamie Buhrer in 2016?

Watmough, who ran to Weidler every five minutes or so for a whinge in 2014 (how did that benefit the Sea Eagles’ cause, Anthony?), still displays an incredible lack of self-awareness.

Truly sad.

Nothing good will come of this DCE/2V carve up. There won't be a red carpet rolled out for old choccy, and if there were/are divisions, they will now be cemented.
He might feel a load is off his chest, but all he had done is hung an albatross on DCE, and made 2V look like a fool.

Sad day for a sad man.

Footy is a blokey sport obviously. These days the majority of players in teams are islanders and knockabout fellas with one or 2 articulate ones in the mix. If ure gonna 'sound posh like a politician' that's all well and good. U can still have the respect of ure teammates and lead a side but... u also need to be a bloody good bloke. If ure a cocky bastard or come across the slightest bit patronising in ure communication u will quickly lose a team. I think that's the situation we have at Manly. That's why I was genuinely surprised when Cherry got the (c) . My first thought was why??? tbh. I know we're light on for leaders atm but it was a strange call. Among our many issues to address is finding a better Captain. Some go to another level and thrive on the responsibility and some dont even front press conferences

Last edited:
Hozza .... I know you don't like the cherry .... but the fact is that 28 of our 30 players are only here because we offered them more money than another club ......

I can agree with your dislike based on his form .... but the money side is now universal ..... it is a gladiatorial game played by mercenaries .... all you can hope for is that you recruit mercenaries with some principle and character ....

The coin is a negotiation and cherry won. Not much wrong with that but when barret states cherry just wants to play his game and he needs a partner for all the grown up stuff i struggle, which then brings us back to the coin.its a vicious circle.

He wants his cake and eat it, maybe he manlys margaret fulton

Did Alan Thompson feel the need to ‘get it off his chest’ about the way Manly treated him in 1989? Or Geoff Toovey in 2015? Or Jamie Buhrer in 2016?

Watmough, who ran to Weidler every five minutes or so for a whinge in 2014 (how did that benefit the Sea Eagles’ cause, Anthony?), still displays an incredible lack of self-awareness.
The saddest Manly shafting after 2v was Fatty @:oops:

Club Captain, 100% effort each game and moved on without a Fan farewell :tmi:

It's always been just business :cool:

We aren't getting much better value for money out of Tom T this season than we are DCE, who is also on very big money based on potential rather than what has been produced so far, luckily from him he hasn't DCE to take away the heat

This time last year, all we were hearing was about what good mates all the team are and how tight they are etc, a year later based on results they now hate each other. It's all in the media reporting, last season Parra went on a big run and Moses and Norman were going to lead them to the promised land, now they apparently can't stand each other after they've lost a few. The narrative around Rugby League these days is driven by the reporting which people lap up as gospel

Personally I prefer the old days where all the off field stuff was barely heard of and you turned up and watched your team each weekend, I've gone a bit more that way the past year or so and have enjoyed it a lot more. People on the same team hating each other has been going on for years, and in some of the most successful sporting teams of all time, is just a fact of life

Last edited:
Footy is a blokey sport obviously. These days the majority of players in teams are islanders and knockabout fellas with one or 2 articulate ones in the mix. If ure gonna 'sound posh like a politician' that's all well and good. U can still have the respect of ure teammates and lead a side but... u also need to be a bloody good bloke. If ure a cocky bastard or come across the slightest bit patronising in ure communication u will quickly lose a team. I think that's the situation we have at Manly. That's why I was genuinely surprised when Cherry got the (c) . My first thought was why??? tbh. I know we're light on for leaders atm but it was a strange call. Among our many issues to address is finding a better Captain. Some go to another level and thrive on the responsibility and some dont even front press conference

The thinking was good .... the only other real choice was Jake, and whilst he epitomises everything we want as a Manly Captain, he was probably a year or two too young, and was seen to get a bit emotional.

After the Snake/Choc/Gifty cliché era ... Baz made no secret that it was time for DCE to put his stamp on the team .... many on here agreed ...... and at first appeared to be successful ....

The thinking was good .... the only other real choice was Jake, and whilst he epitomises everything we want as a Manly Captain, he was probably a year or two too young, and was seen to get a bit emotional.

After the Snake/Choc/Gifty cliché era ... Baz made no secret that it was time for DCE to put his stamp on the team .... many on here agreed ...... and at first appeared to be successful ....
Yup Jake will be our captain for many years in the future. The question is who can do the job in the interim.

Who put more into a manly jumper Watmough. I didn't appreciate the way he left but he and the rest at the club who spent every day with the guy told it how it is DCE is and always has been a fraud who skated into a champion team. He just put cream on the top he could never bake the cake as we are seeing now.

I'm glad he spoke out, I myself told it how it was from the beginning to the disbelief of others.

Footy is a blokey sport obviously. These days the majority of players in teams are islanders and knockabout fellas with one or 2 articulate ones in the mix. If ure gonna 'sound posh like a politician' that's all well and good. U can still have the respect of ure teammates and lead a side but... u also need to be a bloody good bloke. If ure a cocky bastard or come across the slightest bit patronising in ure communication u will quickly lose a team. I think that's the situation we have at Manly. That's why I was genuinely surprised when Cherry got the (c) . My first thought was why??? tbh. I know we're light on for leaders atm but it was a strange call. Among our many issues to address is finding a better Captain. Some go to another level and thrive on the responsibility and some dont even front press conferences

The sad thing is, in some circles you don’t have to be cocky or patronising to end up being labelled as such. Sometimes doing nothing more than pursuing a slightly different path in life (say, choosing to go home to your wife and kids instead of ‘kicking on with the boys’ all night, or just being a bit smarter and better educated in general) will get you the ‘thinks they’re better than us’ label.

For me, it was being a kid from not-the-nicest-part-of-Western Sydney who got sent to a selective high school in a much better part of town - that got me the ‘thinks she’s better than us’ label for doing stuff like actually turning up to school most days, instead of dipping my toes into minor drug addictions and teenage pregnancy with the neighbourhood kids. I’ve always thought there was a touch of that about the bad wrap DCE gets, being a fair bit more polished and well spoken than your average boofhead footy player.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6