Watmough Unleashes On DCE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Choc also went for the money in the end as a choice !

All through the interview he resented Quantum, 2v, Chez making their own choices, somehow only Choc has a right to choose. :wait:

Choc chose to stay to play with his BFF in 2012 and claims it a sacrifice of monies (from Melbourne or some other Club) :p
THIS bloke broke his body for this club, as did your other so called Clique players. Stewart bros, choc, J Lyon, Matai, kite, Ballin. A 42 yr old Donkey could have walked into this side and been the halfback and been successful. To deny how great that team is, is denying our own history.

And Guess what, Mcmoney balls is being found out. Can’t kick, can’t organise, Cant play. Our past legends hate him, some of our current players hate him, Qld players and coaches hate him, Our own fans hate him. But he’s a great player right? Pfffft

If we had hindsight we would not waste it on team signings ... but instead pick lotto numbers. But in hindsight we should have moved Gifty when we did, we should moved snake on early. Either reduce the length of skivvys contract or allow him to go warriors (i get feeling he resented club for not getting upgrade or allowed to go to warriors). Whatnow should have been moved on when he did or sooner (if that would have been possible). Foz went at a good time.

Maybe dce felt he was on the outer of the inner circle and on his own.

It is sad how it turned out for snake, skivvy and gifty. They are still some of my favorite all time players.

It is sad

Agree .... he made it very clear that Gifty and he took unders to stay together ... NOT, as local legend has it, to stay FOR Manly ......
And playing for each other is exactly what made that team great. I don’t see a thing wrong with players being great mates. Iv played with guys that will be my friends till I die.

Our current team are divided, fight each other and I’m guessing behind closed doors don’t exactly love each other. And it shows.

The thing about DCE is that there are too many former team mates from Manly and Qld (and possibly one or two in our current squad) who all basically say the same thing about him and don't want to know him.

I don't know him personally so on that I won't pass judgement. But where there is smoke, there is usually fire.

Turns out that Choc hates 2v more than he does Chez :cool:

Gist is Choc hates :
1)Chez getting 500k in 2012

2)Quantum Board preferring the younger players (not just Chez) over the old ones.

Manly's succession planning obviously not Choc's priority :nerd:

3)2v agreeing with Quantum, hence 'backing himself over us'.

But the Manly Board of 7 only had 2 from Quantum and 3 from Penn Sports :confused:

4)Gifty and Choc choosing to stay together at Manly then Gifty 3 years later not being renewed.

Thi is again 2v's fault :banghead:

5)2v picking Wolfie instead of Jorge for 2013 GF.

Has Choc seen Jorge under a high kick :think:

6) Hated driving to Parra as it's cold, dewey and has no beach :p

7)Was ready to take on the 'old fcks of Manly' who were in the paper telling him to pull his head in when he broke his contract with Manly.

Igor was the one in the Manly Daily - I'd back him even with his arthritic hands :giggle:

8) Bought into the 'Baz crucifying Jacko because Chez doesn't like him' myth.

Baz stated on numerous occasions that Jacko's offences occured in pre season. That Jacko's assault on Chez at Training could have been against any other team mate as it was brewing :swear:

Can see why Coc needs botox to smooth away his bitterness :nod:

Stats rarely paint the correct story. The board numbers while correct paint an entirely different story when the 2 FC boardmembers sided with quantum exclusively .

I had prominent people give me drink vouchers to leave the club after a game to ensure i drank elsewhere. Thats just **** and probably highlights why many people had to make choices. The unfortunate thing for manly was that there were sides and that never helped the one manly.
As a question did qantum ultimately reneg on funding for some time which would make that harder to accept if you were tossing stacks of money about.. I remember speaking to the qantum guys in England and one in particular Was a right dick, sprouting they could get the players to do what they want as they were paying and they will do what we tell them to
Pretty sure choc punched one of them about a week later at the season launch

He could have also brought all this to light at the time...but didn't want to jeopardize another big potential payday. I have little doubt that Choc's memories from then were heavily influenced by what the politicians on the other side of the fence were feeding him at the time. Sadly for us now as fans, we will probably never know the truth about what happened and what is currently going on at the club - there is far to much money involved (now and into the future) for anyone to tell it like it is (or be allowed to without serious legal and financial consequences).
It pretty clear what's happening where LOSING !! and we need a miracle to make the finals.
There was and is no excuse for our team to not make the finals. (Good enough roster)
It's clear our players are carrying to much baggage from the fallout from the Hastings
incident.
Particularly the way in wich it was handled.

DC is playing like crap because he knows that the players know that he isn't all squeaky clean (respect for there captain ?........ZERO
In a nut shell the ugly stuff that Watmough was alluding to about DC has come home to roost.
To be honest Walkz looks like the only one who hasn't given up.

Dude trashed his own legacy at the club - doubt throwing some more mud years after the fact will do much to polish up his image - but he's entitled to his say. Don't doubt he believes it.

Can't help but think the "silence is golden" path a few of his brethren have chosen wouldn't be a smarter strategy though.

What I will find amusing is ..... that many people will believe everything Choc has said ......

That is of course excluding the bit about Baz being an outstanding coach and having done everything right at Manly (except Hastings) and that a lessor man wouldn't still be there .........
I haven't heard it all yet but will be very interested to find out how he knows Baz is an outstanding coach.
Queen Arthur was outstanding in his summation as well if I remember correctly.
Can't wait...

And playing for each other is exactly what made that team great. I don’t see a thing wrong with players being great mates. Iv played with guys that will be my friends till I die.

Our current team are divided, fight each other and I’m guessing behind closed doors don’t exactly love each other. And it shows.

My point was for clarity ,,, not a judgement ..... and all great teams have the playing group united .....

PSS .. if one was negative ... which I'm not ... one could suggest that one, two or three players being great mates ... over and above the team is how disruptive clichés form ....

I'm pretty sure he meant to say Hiku as Taufua played (and scored the first try :p). Shows how good his memory is really and how much value his insight into the past is. That being said I think he did allude to one key point; big money and greed will be the death of the great NRL teams of the past, specifically the work done by player agents and the NRL to secure the best deals possible and excite fans over hype rather that actual week in - week out performances.

Definitely meant Hiku! He filled in for Snake against the Roosters in the first final where we went down 6-4 and he made a huge amount of running metres. In hindsight probably wouldn't have been a bad choice.

There is merit in what Watmough has to say. The team created was a real team that made sacrifices to each other and as fans we were tuned in to every bit of that. I remember as things started to break down at the end of 2014 just how much that hurt personally and then into 2015 when we went from powerhouse to bottom of the table. It hurt, and a lot.
The whole change that happened from 2012 would have hurt a lot too. There is no doubt Chez deserved the upgrade, but to strangle his mates by listening to his manager and not turning up to training was very very poor. He should have shown up with mates and let’s the execs figure it out completely and separately.
Really sad how this turned out. The Manly team were a family back then and we were part of it.
NYEagle

Choc finally gets it off his chest as he says been holding onto it for a long time
It’s his version of events that happened even though he is not sure on a few facts himself
But at the end of the day it’s how he see,s it he came through at a time success was beginning to happen and formed close bonds with knockabout footballers playing and drinking together so of course he is going to back his mates and when things start to change they aren’t going to like it cause they saw how they made the success they had experienced and when It all went pear shaped they wanted out and they got that
Unfortunately for Choc he opened his mouth and the press ran with it and that’s partly where is anger or disappointment with the club stems from
Choc was a great player for Manly and one when you knew he was on you would cheer loudly for . But Choc always appeared to be a bit of a dickhead but he was our dickhead
As for all the other stuff going on at the club who knows there are always 2 sides of the story and choc has definitely said his

My point was for clarity ,,, not a judgement ..... and all great teams have the playing group united .....

PSS .. if one was negative ... which I'm not ... one could suggest that one, two or three players being great mates ... over and above the team is how disruptive clichés form ....
Agree with everything you’ve said Woodsie . And I’ll say this, a team doesn’t get to the finals for 10 straight years with 1,2 or 3 guys being great mates. It takes 10,11,12,13 men working as one.im not saying they were perfect but they understood what it took to be a great TEAM not just great players.

That team was united until a certain Mcmoney ball Evans appeared, hand pushed out asking for more. We’ve had trouble in the playing ranks ever since, who’s at the centre of it? Mcmoney. Ball. Evans.

Can’t kick, can’t organise, can’t play. Old Mcmoney ball Evans.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7