Watmough never again in a Manly jersey?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Frank

Bencher
The Eagle Has Landed said:
Seeya Choc Parra can look forward to his big mouth his sideways running his fumbling hands and his shocking play of the balls.
At least now we can free up some salary cap money and buy some descent forwards.

I'd rather some forwards on the way up.

panash

Reserve Grader
niccipops said:
I agree with @Kiwi Eagle . Though I'm incredibly disappointed that Choc is not going to finish his career as a Sea Eagle that doesn't change what he has done for us so far.
The huge pity in this whole thing is that if Choc had a great further 2 years for Manly. the club most likely would have offered him a 1 year contract for the next year.
I really wish some former Manly greats could have advised Choc on what he's throwing away.
Very sad IMO.

Nic I don't think anyone doubts what he did on the field all these years.

Unfortunately he will also be remembered
Carrying on like goose and causing a great dent in our season as his last days at manly.

Other players left in the past to continue their career elsewhere but never caused theses same problems. Or never bit the club that fed them.

Frank

Bencher
bob dylan said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
So because he has signed to go elsewhere, now all of a sudden he is a ... player for some ? Weird logic gets used around here sometimes. The fact that with a torn bicep he can still come in 2nd best second rower in that CVR rating they do shows that he is still far from being the spent force some are trying to promote

Whatever happens, the guy has played a big amount of games for Manly, been a high level performer over that period, never shirked any of his responsibility on the park and was a key figure in Manly being where they are today

If he doesn't finish up in a Many jersey, so be it, but it doesn't take away at all from all the stuff he has done for this club

This 100% accurate.

Watmough will always be held in the highest regard in any discussions about Manly greats.

I have seen him play busted so many times and never once gave anything less than 100%.

Legend.

I have always respected both your opinions but Choc is one Manly legend that I will be glad to see at another club.

bones

Bones Knows
Loobs said:
Choc is leaving because he doesn't like the way the board handled players and he's going to the only club with a MORE dysfunctional board - Choc logic...
Is he going to the Tigers now?

fLIP

UFO Hunter
RE: Watmaugh - In the end, it was all about money

Lets not be too ignorant here fellas. Watmough is a few brain cells short of a lobster.

This is all about the puppet master manager sqeezing a few extra dollars for himself. Watmough is but a deer in headlights as far as anything outside brutality is concerned.

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Mavin said:
I wouldn't call him a great I would call him a very good player in a great era. Mal Reilly,Terry Randall and Beaver. I would even rate Ben Kennedy higher and he only played 42 games. Not bagging the bloke always gave his best but he is not a great to me.

If

4 Grand Finals, (2 wins)
16 Test Matches
14 Origins
280+ First Garde Games

doesn't qualify you as a great I am not sure what does, actually its a silly argument that I wont be having.

I guess Fulton isnt a great either.

Merdy33

Reserve Grader

Its been an up and down ride with him for sure. But his positives outweigh his negatives by far and he gave us great service. I'm sorry to see him go, and a bit angry like a lot of people on here. As much with Arthur and Paramatta as with Choc. There's no doubt they planted the seed and I wish them as much failure as possible.

But I hope that once people get over this initial anger, they'll realise that its not the end of the world and he'll rightly claim his place as a great servant of the Manly club.

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
bones said:
Loobs said:
Choc is leaving because he doesn't like the way the board handled players and he's going to the only club with a MORE dysfunctional board - Choc logic...
Is he going to the Tigers now?

The Tigers are stuffed but at least they don't make up memberships...

Roger

Reserve Grader

In all this i impressed with the retention committee, no player can play at the top level for ever and no matter what they have done the time comes when they slow down and Watmough and Gift fall into this category. They may have a decent year next year and even the year after but the last few of each contract will be way below what we have seen from them and our retention committee could see this and best to move on now and bring in younger players and secure others longer term. The reported 600k we save next year from Choc alone will go towards all this, very smart.

Mavin

Bencher
bob dylan said:
Mavin said:
I wouldn't call him a great I would call him a very good player in a great era. Mal Reilly,Terry Randall and Beaver. I would even rate Ben Kennedy higher and he only played 42 games. Not bagging the bloke always gave his best but he is not a great to me.

If

4 Grand Finals, (2 wins)
16 Test Matches
14 Origins
280+ First Garde Games

doesn't qualify you as a great I am not sure what does, actually its a silly argument that I wont be having.

I guess Fulton isnt a great either.
The silly argument is to use Choc in the same breath as Bozo. So 280 games makes you a great? Never said he wasn't a top rung first grader but people throw the great or legend tag around way to easily.Some players never experience grand final success but that doesn't mean they are not great . Anyway it is all opinions in your's he is a great and a legend in mine he is not.

Stevo

First Grader

Club legend. We will miss him. We now don't have a top flight back rower. But in the end he had the team divided. I love him but truly believe the place will be happier without him. I don't believe Brett or Matai will go. All the best Choco.

Looking forward to a new signing in the front row or back row now.

Mal Cochrane

I'm not really Mal Cochrane...

disappointed if he goes? yes.

Who is going to make the hard yards in 2015?

Stevo

First Grader

We have to sign someone. Either in the front row or the back. We probably really need a front rower but then again if we signed a good back rower Dunamis Lui could play up front and not in the backrow like he has been. 2015 Is probably going to be the year of Jake Trbojevic too.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member

Stevo said:
Club legend. We will miss him. We now don't have a top flight back rower. But in the end he had the team divided. I love him but truly believe the place will be happier without him. I don't believe Brett or Matai will go. All the best Choco.

Looking forward to a new signing in the front row or back row now.

100% agree with you @Stevo and ditto, Snake won't go (money not there elsewhere) and I would truly be surprised as well if Skivvy left. I think he's "played" the market a bit but doubt he will move on.

And the savings we make on no King / no Chocc can be used to shore up the Halves and look for a reasonably priced metre eater.

Stevo

First Grader

Maguire would be perfect. Mason or Hannant would be good.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member

Let them go. If a player wants to leave then go, we don't need players who are disgruntled as it will affect other players as it did this year.

Bye, Choc thanks for the memories, but I think you'll regret it in the long run.

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
No anger here from me

Gutted we have lost him (if it is true- the tele have been wrong before) and gutted we lost Glenn

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
14 7 7 -79 18