Watmough never again in a Manly jersey?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Volley

Bencher
Cya Choc. I hope Parra enjoy you going the offload in the first hit-up of a big game and making an error. Ohh wait, your big game days are over.

Seriously though, he was one tough bastard and always gave his all. Shame it's ended this way, and he's obviously harmed his legacy. Loses legend status in my books. Glad he's off now, although I don't understand why he wouldn't want a couple of seasons in the UK. Play footy on decent coin and get to travel around Europe, would be amazing.

Maybe he had to leave because he'd run out of space in his pool room for Premiership memorabilia?

lismore_fan

Bencher
RE: Watmaugh - In the end, it was all about money

With everything we hear, I'm sure we develop our own understandings of many things.
The board, the coach, the captain, the leaks, the disgruntled players, the DCE hearsay, Fozzy's friend, the contracts, the .... the list goes on.

It seems to me that the Stewart brothers called the shots on advice (good or bad) from their family friend, the BIG (and I do mean big, especially around the gutz) Z.

Choc got caught up in this and decided that he'd be one to fire the shots. This has left him with a poor reputation from many fans and others.

No sour grapes from Matai or the Stewart Bros were said in public, or at least in earshot of the press.

Some people make the bullets for the less empowered ones to fire them.

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member

It makes me wonder what happens at Origin.

I mean Choc told everyone in camp he would be an Eel from 2015.

And as I posted here at the time, Hoppa agreed to terms with the Eels when selected to play Origin in 2011. I know this for a fact.

Makes me suspicious indeed.

Mavin

Bencher

So knock me over with a feather these reports weren't made up by the media?

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
So because he has signed to go elsewhere, now all of a sudden he is a **** player for some ? Weird logic gets used around here sometimes. The fact that with a torn bicep he can still come in 2nd best second rower in that CVR rating they do shows that he is still far from being the spent force some are trying to promote

Whatever happens, the guy has played a big amount of games for Manly, been a high level performer over that period, never shirked any of his responsibility on the park and was a key figure in Manly being where they are today

If he doesn't finish up in a Many jersey, so be it, but it doesn't take away at all from all the stuff he has done for this club

Rules dont seem to mean much when you have someone leading the game like Greenburg, who has the integrity of a gnat. I dare say majority of clubs try to poach players. Well, the clubs that are **** and never win comps anymore lol

Mavin

Bencher

Fluffy said:
It sounds like the eels have been poahing players outside of the rules

But Choc told us he hasn't signed or agreed to a deal with any club lol

Frank

Bencher

I hope they don't wait too long to make the announcement. It's about time we had some good news.

I'm not happy about losing our gift but I sure will be pleased with the gift we have given the Eels. I hope they have to do some serious backending of his contract.

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Kiwi Eagle said:
So because he has signed to go elsewhere, now all of a sudden he is a ... player for some ? Weird logic gets used around here sometimes. The fact that with a torn bicep he can still come in 2nd best second rower in that CVR rating they do shows that he is still far from being the spent force some are trying to promote

Whatever happens, the guy has played a big amount of games for Manly, been a high level performer over that period, never shirked any of his responsibility on the park and was a key figure in Manly being where they are today

If he doesn't finish up in a Many jersey, so be it, but it doesn't take away at all from all the stuff he has done for this club

This 100% accurate.

Watmough will always be held in the highest regard in any discussions about Manly greats.

I have seen him play busted so many times and never once gave anything less than 100%.

Legend.

EagleRock40

Reserve Grader

Unfortunately he has likely played his last game for us, and he's provided great service to this footy club. He gives 100% week in and week out when he crosses that white line.
The fact is if Manly let him leave now, we only have to pay him $300k towards our cap for next year, rather than something ridiculous like $900k. That extra $600k along with Kings retirement should free up some funds to ensure either Foran or DCE re-sign and for us to go into the market for a quality middle forward.
Thanks for everything Choc, and good luck!!

tookey

First Grader

Watmough told a mate of mine last summer that his body was stuffed and that he would be in a wheelchair by 40.

He will possibly have one OK year with parra and then the next 3 years he will be injured and totally useless.

He is only doing it for the 4 year contract parra have offered him because he knows that he has to make the most of his football earnings because he will be employable when he retires as is body won't let him do manual work and he hasn't got any qualifications behind him.

The worst part is that he denied signing with Parr and didn't have the intelligence to come out and tell the truth. He has trashed his standing at manly forever and now rates with Des as a hated one

Mavin

Bencher
bob dylan said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
So because he has signed to go elsewhere, now all of a sudden he is a ... player for some ? Weird logic gets used around here sometimes. The fact that with a torn bicep he can still come in 2nd best second rower in that CVR rating they do shows that he is still far from being the spent force some are trying to promote

Watmough will always be held in the highest regard in any discussions about Manly greats.

Legend.
I wouldn't call him a great I would call him a very good player in a great era. Mal Reilly,Terry Randall and Beaver. I would even rate Ben Kennedy higher and he only played 42 games. Not bagging the bloke always gave his best but he is not a great to me.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
I bet they backend his contract and do a Mark Gasnier who came back from union signed with the dragqueens for 50k then retired when he was due the big bucks.

Mavin

Bencher
swoop said:
I bet they backend his contract and do a Mark Gasnier who came back from union signed with the dragqueens for 50k then retired when he was due the big bucks.

You cannot do that any more. Even if he retired today the 300k we owe him would still be in the cap for next season. So they can backend it but they will have to eventually have it in the cap.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I've never said he hasn't put in for the club, he's been exceptional for many years.

But gee he's sullied his legacy with the way he went out .

niccipops

un echidna spillo mia bevanda
Premium Member
I agree with @Kiwi Eagle . Though I'm incredibly disappointed that Choc is not going to finish his career as a Sea Eagle that doesn't change what he has done for us so far.
The huge pity in this whole thing is that if Choc had a great further 2 years for Manly. the club most likely would have offered him a 1 year contract for the next year.
I really wish some former Manly greats could have advised Choc on what he's throwing away.
Very sad IMO.

panash

Reserve Grader
niccipops said:
I agree with @Kiwi Eagle . Though I'm incredibly disappointed that Choc is not going to finish his career as a Sea Eagle that doesn't change what he has done for us so far.
The huge pity in this whole thing is that if Choc had a great further 2 years for Manly. the club most likely would have offered him a 1 year contract for the next year.
I really wish some former Manly greats could have advised Choc on what he's throwing away.
Very sad IMO.
Nic I don't think anyone doubts what he did pin the field all these years.

Unfortunately he will also be remembered
Carrying on like goose and causing a great dent in our season as his last days at manly.

Other players left in the past to continue their career elsewhere but never caused theses same problems. Or never bit the club that fed them.

panash said:
niccipops said:
Very sad IMO.
Nic I don't think anyone doubts what he did on the field all these years.

Unfortunately he will also be remembered
Carrying on like goose and causing a great dent in our season as his last days at manly.

Other players left in the past to continue their career elsewhere but never caused theses same problems. Or never bit the club that fed them.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
14 7 7 -79 18