Walkers on

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He has had a pretty tough year both on and off the field so who knows what happened which would have lead to the incident. I think it would be smart if everyone just took a chill pill and wait until the truth comes out. No doubt it will in court.

Domestic violence is not on period but there is a big gap missing in the story so far.

I know we say innocent until proven guilty.
But he needs to be stood down until this goes to court.

If he’s guilty the dog should never play for our club again.

It’s never ok to abuse a woman

Can I remind you that Brett Stewart faced more serious charges and 18 months later in a court of law was found... not guilty!

And yet, a day after the alleged incident, without all of the facts known, you want Dylan stood down until his day in court (if it gets to that).

Now are you suggesting we should have stood Snake down until his trial as well?

I find it interesting, that people want him stood down based on charges only, but also still arc up about Stewart being stood down based on charges only

And we have the benefit of the off season.

No decision needs to be made until he has seen his outcome in court.

A few weeks back I made a comment on another thread that ' DW wasn't a manly type of player' and was roundly criticised by a lot on here.

Is he still a Manly type guy now? As good as he is I don't think so. Only real issue is we fire him and another NRL side will snap him up. If this is anywhere near true he needs to be deregistered and stopped from popping up somewhere else.

You read AFB's story mate? I don't condone what I've been reading about Walker ..... But I'm not putting him in the gallows yet.

I find it interesting, that people want him stood down based on charges only, but also still arc up about Stewart being stood down based on charges only
I think people arc up about Stewart and the club fined based on charges. Standing down is not tearing a contract up it’s giving someone leave to deal with their ****. In my view it’s appropriate given the potential harm to the victim. If it’s true then to the victim it can feel like the person is getting away with it and has no consequences. I’d say it’s a lower risk approach that protects the club

Due to appear in Manly Local Court on December 11.

So i guess if he pleads guilty then and there it wont be a long and drawn out process?

Could be more to the story though who knows.

Minor scratches to her shoulder legs and feet. She could have been going at him and he just threw her off him or something.
That's right mate it can happen like that but unfortunately the courts won't see it that way . This is not good for anyone .

Steady ! Let this run its course. I have confidence with an experienced head like Des in control. He’s not guilty yet what the hell happened to the presumption of innocence. If guilty he will be dealt with appropriately. It is premature for him to he hung and quartered on this forum!

I think people arc up about Stewart and the club fined based on charges. Standing down is not tearing a contract up it’s giving someone leave to deal with their ****. In my view it’s appropriate given the potential harm to the victim. If it’s true then to the victim it can feel like the person is getting away with it and has no consequences. I’d say it’s a lower risk approach that protects the club

For me, the big word in your post there is “if” , and that is where it’s all based for me, until a time as someone is proven to be an offender, they should be clear to carry on imo

Missing 4 weeks of Footy was no help to Brett Stewart in his situation, which was all based around lies. It is a tough one, I come more from the side of a person shouldn’t be punished before being found guilty

I’ll make my end stance a bit clearer, if the end game is Guilty, on your bike son, but until then I won’t hang him

An AVO suggests a history of some kind of domestic violence or abuse and not a one off (generally speaking).
I'd be sitting Walker down and asking him to speak truthfully, if guilty offer counselling and stand him down immediately.
Not sure on the rules re rlpa but if he admits guilt I'd sack him immediately .

Nah, not true (where the AVO is concerned). One incident - or one threat - will get you slapped with an interim one, within hours. Believe me, I know - I’ve been on both sides of the equation. I didn’t want one taken out against my ex at the time, but the cops did it anyway. And in the other case, literally all I did was verbally tell a family member who was trying to start something (with a person HE had a history of abusing) that if he came near either of us again I’d kill him. Still wore an AVO for it despite the circumstances, and despite the fact the cops thought it was laughable given relative physical size, male vs females etc - he cried for an AVO, so he got one.

That said, given ‘doorgate’ etc, I don’t doubt there is a history of some sort in this case.

Due to appear in Manly Local Court on December 11.

So i guess if he pleads guilty then and there it wont be a long and drawn out process?

Could be more to the story though who knows.

Minor scratches to her shoulder legs and feet. She could have been going at him and he just threw her off him or something.
Several of Dylan #Walker’s neighbours witnessed the alleged assault of his fiancé outside their Dee Why home. They’ve told @9NewsSyd the Manly NRL player allegedly forced her to the ground while she was holding their baby. Walker’s been charged with domestic violence offences. :eek:

5pm on a workday - hate to see what she would have suffered on a wekend. Such a strong man against a person half his build :tmi:

Just so horrific and Manly need to man up and uphold their culture if the Court case proves assault :wait:

It's pretty disappointing the amount of hate mail d walkz is getting here.. I mean no one knows the details of the incident for starters.. secondly, Dylan is a sea eagle and as manly supporters we should be supporting him not dragging him through the mud. Thirdly, although I don't condone violence against women, men have no rights or leveridge in these situations even though he may not be at fault. Remember women can assault men as well and are far from innocent themselves in a lot of these cases

I don't envy the club they are in an impossible position to support the player looks like we don't support the alleged victim. Just sad all round but if it's true that eyewitnesses saw the alleged incident I think we have no other option than to punt him. I will say I always thought the punching the door incident was a bit fishy.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8