Walker, Sironen, Suli

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Back to Walker, Siro and Suli .... 3 weeks ago we had the great proclaimer hysterically crying that Parker, Croker and Garrick should never be allowed near a 1st grade team ... now all are running into career best form ...

What's to say if Walker, Siro and Suli all drink from the new cool-aid bottle they also don't hit a purple patch of form as well .. ??
Yeah, Nah... Yeah, maybe, kinda, perhaps. Nah man, nah, it's definitely nah hey.

I dont think Des can drop any of the current team. Could Walker make his way back as a 14? Covers all positions and could just play as an extra 5/8 off the bench. At least for the first few weeks of his return
Depends on his court case May17 ?

I'm glad Brad Parker is playing better.

But to say our team is better with him rather than Walker in the centres boggles my mind.
I’d like to see Walker for the potential, but at the same time would prefer we stuck with a defence-orientated centre. Trbo, Schuster, Harper, Saab and Garrick (or if you drop Garrick and throw in Suli) is enough strike. Harper, Schu, Olakautau and Parker are good defenders on the edges. Saab is improving and Garrick is improving (but occasionally pretty suspect).

But as far as potential goes for Walker, I fear his speed is well, well past him and that people are anticipating he is going to return to his 2017 fitness. I don’t even know for sure if he would be any more dangerous with the ball than parker.

The right is Harper’s spot. The left centre is up in the air (suli, parker, walker) and i’d like to see us try transition Tuipulotu into a winger to take Garrick’s spot eventually

I’d like to see Walker for the potential, but at the same time would prefer we stuck with a defence-orientated centre. Trbo, Schuster, Harper, Saab and Garrick (or if you drop Garrick and throw in Suli) is enough strike. Harper, Schu, Olakautau and Parker are good defenders on the edges. Saab is improving and Garrick is improving (but occasionally pretty suspect).

But as far as potential goes for Walker, I fear his speed is well, well past him and that people are anticipating he is going to return to his 2017 fitness. I don’t even know for sure if he would be any more dangerous with the ball than parker.

The right is Harper’s spot. The left centre is up in the air (suli, parker, walker) and i’d like to see us try transition Tuipulotu into a winger to take Garrick’s spot eventually
For attack Walker is a walk up starter. He certainly has the X factor our left edge is missing BUT can his defence hold up? That is the million dollar question and a question that our success really relies on. We have changed our defensive structure to a "sliding" defence and maybe this would suit Walker. Walker certainly couldn't do the "up and in" defence but I'd like to see how he goes with our new structures.
Add Lawton and Walker (at their best) and we are a real threats this year! All things going well that is!

I always though Walker defended pretty well at centre or the 6 jersey. I don't have anything to back this up, just the eye test.

Im assuming he didn't win Dally M centre of the year because his defence was suspect.

What am i missing?

I always though Walker defended pretty well at centre or the 6 jersey. I don't have anything to back this up, just the eye test.

Im assuming he didn't win Dally M centre of the year because his defence was suspect.

What am i missing?
His defence at souffs was way better % than any year at Manly.

Regarding Walker and Suli, the best thing about the form of Harper (and also Parker) is that it creates genuine competition for spots. Suli and Walker each have abundant talent, if they are playing at top level they are good additions for sure.
As for Harper, he has been the surprise packet for me, quickly becoming a favourite. Nevertheless, just in the name of perspective ... his one-on-one miss on To'o led directly to Panthers first try, but haven't really noticed anyone bagging him for it.

Regarding Walker and Suli, the best thing about the form of Harper (and also Parker) is that it creates genuine competition for spots. Suli and Walker each have abundant talent, if they are playing at top level they are good additions for sure.
As for Harper, he has been the surprise packet for me, quickly becoming a favourite. Nevertheless, just in the name of perspective ... his one-on-one miss on To'o led directly to Panthers first try, but haven't really noticed anyone bagging him for it.

Guess it's a measure of positives and negatives. You do 10 things right, one or two mistakes is okay. It's when you go the other way around, or when the negatives out weight the positives (see Moses Suli) then people tend to receive more criticism

Yep he missed him no doubt, as did DCE; however, he more than made up for it the rest of the game. His defence from that point on was really good and his stepping in attack and flick pass to Saab are signs of a talented footy player. To see that the flick pass was on, then to handle the incoming tackle and still get it away like that was beautiful.

True, plus To'o has to be one of the hardest players to tackle right now. He also trampled DCE in that same run.
What really impresses me is he is able to strike the balance of knowing when to go himself and yet still be an incredibly unselfish player. He knows he has an unusually fast talent on his outside and he wants to use him. He genuinely feeds off seeing others succeed in the team.

I guess Des will bring Siro straight back in seeing how they are making noises about re-signing him. I still think Des will bring Suli and Walker back in as well. Anyone's guess who will drop out. However if we keep winning it hard to change a side.

Gee I think some people are being very very harsh on Walker's on field exploits with us. Off the field - fair game he seems to be a goose. But gee on the field he has not had the chance to settle in at Centre because of our poor depth and injuries and I guess selection/recruitment problems. He has been asked to be jack of all trades - play at 5/8, play at fullback - his games at Centre have not been consistent and the injuries haven't helped obviously. He was one of the best Centres in the game when he came to us. Now should he come straight back in over the next few weeks - depends if we are winning and if we are then no... If we aren't or our outside attack is impotent on the left hand side like it was yesterday then he will have to. Is he as good as a defender as Parker - no way but does Parker have Walker's attacking skills... similarly no way. Will Parker win us a semi or GF - NO... but he might save one, but Walker might well win us one if he can stay fit.... if left at Centre and he still has his old speed. We will be giving away something no matter what the decision. If we are still winning then he comes back through Blacktown in my opinion. Parker played great yesterday BUT Walker busts through those tackles and scores those tries that Parker was chopped down before the line or as he was almost through the line. That is the reality and that is the difference. But yes - Walker needs to be judged on his efforts at Centre with a full strength side and Turbo there because every other player seems to be a dud when Turbo is not there so you can't just call Walker's defence out if the team didn't have Turbo in it when his defence was poor.... they were all hopeless in defence. Again just the reality. A tough decision to make but if we want to get to the semi's and win some then Walker has to be at left Centre IF he is fit AND still has that speed. A few IFs to be resolved over the next 4 to 6 weeks.

I guess Des will bring Siro straight back in seeing how they are making noises about re-signing him. I still think Des will bring Suli and Walker back in as well. Anyone's guess who will drop out. However if we keep winning it hard to change a side.
Knowing Des he will bring Siro, Suli and Walker straight back in. Keppie probably misses out for Siro and unfortunately for Harper and Parker they would be the obvious ones to miss out.
Here's hoping Des is seeing the positives with Harper and he keeps his spot.

That try by the Volvo yesterday when he got the flick pass from Harper ... I 100% guarantee that it would not have been scored had Suli been the centre with the ball. Sorry to say but Moses would have died with the ball. Instead of a wonderful try thanks to the Volvo's speed, the play would have ended with Suli playing the ball because he simply wouldn't have passed it.

Right now TBH, if anyone is in line to be dropped its probably Cust. He seems to be playing less and less minutes every week with Des seemingly happy enough to give Croker the bulk of the dummy half work (to be fair, Froggy's defensive game has also been very good lately). But if that happens it will be interesting to see who plays off the bench.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4