Walker critics be gone

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The physical transformation in him has been stark. A real powerful nugget now. I've never been his biggest fan I'll own up to that but this last few weeks has been good no questions.

Yep. He's been getting better each week. Can anybody see him playing in the starting side next season? If so in what position? Could Walker end up as thirteen, with Jake as a starting prop? Or does he continue to play off the bench for the next two season of his new contract? I can't see the latter, but I also can't see the former either. Des has an interesting conundrum with Walker for the foreseeable future. He is playing well enough right now to win us a grand final. Great problem to have, isn't it? Go Manly.
Sure is a great problem to have E4L, it's just ridiculous on how much attacking strike we have in this team. Walker is really exploiting tiring opposition down the middle, when he exploded down the middle and sold the perfect dummy to Teddy, I thought, this is your position Dylan. It's working, off the bench for mine !!

What I like is his selective passing ... that some think it is hogging ... one of the immutable laws of ball playing at the line is .. never pass to someone who is not in a better position then you, better to die with the ball and get a quick play ... when watching the game he gets this correct about 80% of the time ... yes he makes the odd wrong choice ... but he gets most right ..
Those 2 tries in 2 minutes were exactly these passes at the line....where he was once the ball player and secondly the recipient, before selling Teddy down the river with THAT dummy !!

Those 2 tries in 2 minutes were exactly these passes at the line....where he was once the ball player and secondly the recipient, before selling Teddy down the river with THAT dummy !!
Remember it well feathered friend

I also remember the way he accelerated and exploded from the half way line into the open to score under the post

When was the last time Parker or Harper ran half the field to score ?

Never !

I also remember the way he accelerated and exploded from the half way line into the open to score under the post

Never !
He certainly exploded like a rocket on that occasion

I was a Walker doubter, but now, under Des he has found his place and I am a fan.

I could see a return to Origin as a bench player.

Never !

Bozo

With respect to our 2 not so fast centres. Their most important job is to be defensively sound as we all know, centre is a very difficult position defensively.
In attack, their primary job is to pass it to Tommy or the super fast winger outside them. In Saab and Garrick, we have two fast beauties.

Bellamy and Melb have never really had gun centres in the last decade - but their fullback and wingers have been awesome.

If Manly get a gun centre like Lyon, you have to pay for them. Pay less for your wingers then - which Manly did well during the 2007 - 2013 era.

With the salary cap, we can't have gun players everywhere

Last edited:
Bozo

With respect to our 2 not so fast centres. Their most important job is to be defensively sound as we all know, centre is a very difficult position defensively.
In attack, their primary job is to pass it to Tommy or the super fast winger outside them. In Saab and Garrick, we have two fast beauties.

Bellamy and Melb have never really had gun centres in the last decade - but their fullback and wingers have been awesome.

If Manly get a gun centre like Lyon, you have to pay for them. Pay less for your wingers then - which Manly did well during the 2007 - 2013 era.

With the salary cap, we can't have gun players everywhere
We see thing different and we will agree to disagree.

We saw how important the centre role in attack was against the Storm when the defensively competent as well as the attacking brilliance of Olam tore us to shreds

Storm in the last decade did have strike centres in dual Australian and QLD SOO centres Chambers and Oneill at their peak as well as low salary cap centres in Beau Champion , the Fijian Flyer Sisa Waqua , Scott who are more quicker than ours .

Bellamy always had a balanced team which includes strike power in the centres and both the current centres in olam and Reimis Smith are faster than ours

You need to have balance of strike power in the centres and it is no wonder when they shut down Tom our centres are dormant

In the new fast power game
Speed and Strength dominates

The fact is there are no benefits in being slow in attack or defence
Slow is a liability in the fast game.

I notice it’s been reported by Brent Read that the deal with Manly has not been done and there is speculation that he may end up elsewhere with the Bulldogs being named as a potential destination.

Here’s hoping we can get the deal done sooner rather than later.

I notice it’s been reported by Brent Read that the deal with Manly has not been done and there is speculation that he may end up elsewhere with the Bulldogs being named as a potential destination.

Here’s hoping we can get the deal done sooner rather than later.
Some last minute shifty work by his manager to up Manly’s offer,I suspect

It’s all speculation but after all the crap he has put us through, I don’t think he (or his management) should be holding the club to ransom.

I highly doubt there’d be coin in the dogs cap for him anyway, so it sounds like paper talk to me.

Read: “He is close to Trent Barrett too so the Bulldogs might be in the hunt.”

I 'love' how sports 'journos' always...always need to add some connection between a player and some random to add legitimacy to their story.

Remember when the Trbojevics' dad was friends with someone from St G and that meant there was a good chance they could maybe possibly be going because of that huge huge bond.

sheesh

from foxsports:

Manly utility Dylan Walker’s contract extension with the Sea Eagles is not yet over the line, with reports he may attract offers from NRL rivals.
Brent Read reported on Triple M that Walker may explore his options as his contract negotiations with Manly drag into the off-season.

Read said.
“There was a bit of a whisper going around this week about Dylan Walker that maybe he mightn’t stay at Manly.

“I have spoken to Manly about it and they think he will stay, but there was just a suggestion going around that maybe he will leave and he may have offers from elsewhere.
“He is close to Trent Barrett too so the Bulldogs might be in the hunt.”

- There you have it folks, hard hitting in depth journalism at its finest.

I highly doubt there’d be coin in the dogs cap for him anyway, so it sounds like paper talk to me
The Dogs have bought many high profile backs in the last couple of years - Burton, JAC, Cotric, Naden, Dufty, Corey Allan, Flanagan + utility Asiata. If they are still have money, they need forwards - major purchases thus far are TPJ & Vaughan - not sure if they are after Woods.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6