Walker critics be gone

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Curiously it is very quiet re Suli as well. I except Walkers manager is trying to push his price up but to get that money he’ll have to slog it out with the Tigers.

Unless he's at Center i just can see Shuster and Walker in the same side, Shuster has been rubbish since Walker has been on the bench.
His attack is just too stiffled and he looks a little lost when walker is on, that said i'd keep Shu over Walker any day.
Totally agree and it’s not just Schuster’s attack has been stifled.To be fair though,it also coincided with Schusters injury and I’m not convinced he came back 100%

Wait, are we claiming Schuster's poor form is due to Walker now ?

Wow guys.
I didn't say it was due to Walker, i just think shu hasn't adjusted to what appears to be his new role in the side and i believe it's due to Walker playing what was previously his role in the side.
It's definately stiffled him and he looks lost in attack compared to his form prior to Walker returning to the 17.

I keep banging on about this but it’s about balance. Schuster looked amazing against Parra in round 1. He is a 5/8 and whilst he has done a Great job in the back row that is not his best position IMO. We need to look towards the future and recognise Foran is at the end of his career. We need him in our top 30 next year but he I wouldn’t be picking him ahead of Schuster at 5/8.

Solution is to move Walker back to his natural position of right centre. He is a higher quality player than our current centres.
The club must not think so having had him at 1,6,7,14 and not at centre ( except as injury cover during a game).

The club must not think so having had him at 1,6,7,14 and not at centre ( except as injury cover during a game).
Circumstance due to missing games with injuries & off field misdemeanors. Apparently, he was training at right centre during the last off season. Apart from that, we know Des doesn't always get selections right. Hopefully, Dylan starts in the centres in 2022.

It's just interesting, most of us fans want a strike X-factor center to replace Parker or Harper which I get. But we were a win away from a Grand Final and the defining finals and big games losses we had, our soft defence was the problem. Our edge defense in particular. We just never wanted to get in the struggle and do it the hard way and defend our way to victory. All previous premiership clubs have shown that defence wins comps.

Harper had a shocker finals series but remained consistent as a defensive center for most of the year and did wonders for Saab's confidence. Parker is a good defender. I'm not saying they should remain as our long-term options as center if we wanna win a comp. But we need to understand a strike centre to replace Parker/Harper with a downgrade in defence won't improve our premiership chances. We won't win the big games in a shootout.

Last edited:
It's just interesting, most of us fans want a strike X-factor center to replace Parker or Harper which I get. But we were a win away from a Grand Final and the defining finals and big games losses we had, our soft defence was the problem. Our edge defense in particular. We just never wanted to get in the struggle and do it the hard way and defend our way to victory. All previous premiership clubs have shown that defence wins comps.

Harper had a shocker finals series but remained consistent as a defensive center for most of the year and did wonders for Saab's confidence. Parker is a good defender. I'm not saying they should remain as our long-term options as center if we wanna win a comp. But we need to understand a strike centre to replace Parker/Harper with a downgrade in defence won't improve our premiership chances. We won't win the big games in a shootout.
Well said

Well said
We learnt this year our team knows how to score points. Our expansive, exciting style of footy works when it comes to putting on tries. Against anyone as well, it was shelling peas when we were inside Melbourne(round 21), Rabbitohs(prelim) and Penirth(round 8) red zone. We already got the strike and creativity to do that. Our biggest attacking game-breakers were Turbo, Chez, Saab and Walker and we still got two big X-Factor players in Schuster and Haumole growing into those game-breakers. We are in safe hands in attack.

We now need to learn how to get into the grind against the top teams in big games, put in an 80-minute performance, be patient and build pressure and most importantly, DEFEND OUR WAY TO VICTORIES.

We can do that with this current side along with the new additions and BRING THAT PREMIERSHIP BACK TO MANLY!

I'm not a Walker fan but I reckon he is a better player than Peachey and worth more money (to someone, not necessarily us).
I agree Walker is worth more if he commands a starting position. Peachy's going rate with the Pies is as a starter in the halves and it APPEARS Walker's role is off the bench with us. If comparing apples for apples in the minds of the respective coaches, Peachy is worth more money. Is Walker's role from the bench for us worth as much money as Peachy's 80 minute halves role to the Pies? No, of course not. I hope Des has something else in mind for Walker as the 300k+ figure bandied around here seems a lot to pay for him to take up a spot on the bench from a defence-needed forward or a genuine utility that can cover several positions...especially the 9.

I'm not a Walker fan but I reckon he is a better player than Peachey and worth more money (to someone, not necessarily us).
Walker is explosive, but Peachey showed a lot of game management abilities this year in 6 for the titans. Similar players, but I think Peachey is a more natural half.

If i would say one thing about both harper and parkers defence, while quite good overall both players look a little clumsy in defence, even when effective. they seem to look like the did when they first shot up out of the line on debut desperate to hit and stick. i think they just need to chill a bit and that comes with experience. even though parkers game tally is rising he would have to feel the pressure of having suli and walker in the squad last year

not a criticism as such as they have been very consistent and would be very handy add to have on the cap. i think its the area des is happy to concede a little in order to balance the books.

no established hooker is affecting the balance .

but when we get one, croker will stay. Des loves him. so then we will have walker, croker, and schuster. somethings going to give you would expect. our squad finished pretty healthy. off season training will be huge this year with most key players available

Over the seasons I’ve noticed our signing patterns and it’s been this way for years. We tend to sign/recruit players on the smaller contracts 1st then the bigger fish afterwards knowing what we can offer them.
We find the bargain buys as priority which is where we get our value for money to fill our roster.
In this case Manly see Walker as a value for money signing and I can understand why after the history of Walkers past and the support that has been offered. This is such a key signing for us to get at the right price as this will either open or close the door on the next good signing we need at the club.
I truely feel this contract will really shape our premiership chances for the next couple years. We HAVE to get this right

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6