Walker critics be gone

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Keep an ageing and too slow Foran who is stopping a talent like Schuster going to 5/8 and lose the inform bench utility Walker. Yeah that makes sense. I see we're heading back into silly season decisions.

Might be different at a couple of other clubs but Dylan would still primarily be considered as a utility - back row sub at Manly in terms of his contract status . Apparently on 460 k in his previous Manly deal and missing a heap of games in the duration with mainly injuries and the off field dramas . Actually there must have been some concern from the club on his injury prone tendencies prior to his recent good and injury free stint . Guess that his realistic value for Manly would be what ? , say in the range of a 350 - 400 max and that would definitely be max one would think . Certainly would go down in personal estimation if he did opt to go to another club for a little more and after Manly naturally showing so much support and patience with him through his off field issues .

I can't believe Walker will leave after all the patience and support given to him by Manly, and particularly Des.

As for the Dogs, would Gus really take on Walker with all his 'baggage' - I highly doubt it. Walker's crazy if he wants to go to Barrett's wooden spooners anyway.

Just after he was re-signed late in 2019 I spoke to him at an end-of-season fan day and clearly remember how humble and grateful he was to be staying at Manly (and so he should be, after all the issues we've had with him lol).

Read: “He is close to Trent Barrett too so the Bulldogs might be in the hunt.”

I 'love' how sports 'journos' always...always need to add some connection between a player and some random to add legitimacy to their story.

Remember when the Trbojevics' dad was friends with someone from St G and that meant there was a good chance they could maybe possibly be going because of that huge huge bond.

sheesh

from foxsports:

Manly utility Dylan Walker’s contract extension with the Sea Eagles is not yet over the line, with reports he may attract offers from NRL rivals.
Brent Read reported on Triple M that Walker may explore his options as his contract negotiations with Manly drag into the off-season.

Read said.
“There was a bit of a whisper going around this week about Dylan Walker that maybe he mightn’t stay at Manly.

“I have spoken to Manly about it and they think he will stay, but there was just a suggestion going around that maybe he will leave and he may have offers from elsewhere.
“He is close to Trent Barrett too so the Bulldogs might be in the hunt.”

- There you have it folks, hard hitting in depth journalism at its finest.
Yep, there is never a quote from the player or a named official for any of these.

"...reports he may attract offers from rival clubs" - wtf?

If he hasn't attracted any offers from rival clubs by now then there is something seriously wrong in NRL land.

"...maybe he mightn't stay.." does that mean he most likely will?

Where can I get a job like this?

The only sticking points I'd envisage is how much he wants v how much we've offered and is he happy to be a 14 or not.
Surely playing with Tom, DCE, Jake etc and our young forwards and coming off the season we had, it'd have be a very big upgrade in $$ to leave considering he's been paid by us at full freight whilst being out after punching a door, came off second best v Scott and had his jaw broken, was stood down by the NRL, played only seven games in 2020 plus his pizza issues.

I haven't crunched the numbers but it'd have to close to a full season he's missed in the five he's been here - so 80% output on 100% money.

I think next year we need to improve our Hooker / centre position, as well as get some fullback depth. We can easily upgrade centre, by having Harper / Walker there. Give Walks his full time position back. Hooker, I hope Fainu is back (80 minute player), so having Lawton as utility makes sense (as he can play backrow). Then you go with FORWARDS on the bench (we saw how soft up the middle were were at times, particularly mobility wise).

01. Tom Trbojevic (he's great, but we need a REAL back-up plan)
02. Jason Saab (needs defensive work over the off season)
03. Morgan Harper (he'll be better for this next year after this)
04. Dylan Walker (I'm sorry, but we need way X-factor / speed in the centres)
05. Reuben Garrick (continually improving - can cover fullback)
06. Kieran Foran (Last year with us, should give his all)
07. Daly Cherry-Evans (probably needs to give up rep footy)
08. Marty Taupau (needs to focus on losing some k/g's, and get some mobility / speed back)
09. Manase Fainu (let's be fair, massive upgrade , if he's innocent)
10. Taniela Paseka (needs to start, fast, big, mobile, explosive)
11. Haumole Olakau'atu (needs to lose all his injuries, and endurance - excels when explosive)
12. Josh Schuster (LET HIM PLAY HIS GAME. Needs a massive focus on weight)
13. Jake Trbojevic (had a huge bounce back year this year, hoping that continues)

14. Karl Lawton (Can play halves / Hooker / backrow), needs to be the utility
15. Sean Keppie (Also needs some weight focus, but is a fantastic player)
16. Josh Aloiai (See 11's description)
17. Ethan Bullemore (Can play prop / backrow - play Davey if he's not acquired)

18. Brad Parker (blue chip cover for centre)
19. Toafofoa Sipley (blue chip cover for prop)
20. Andrew Davey (great cover for backrow / prop)
21. Lachlan Croker (blue chip cover for 1/2's, hooker or utility)
22. Christian Tuipulotu (decent cover for wing - replaces Funa)
23. Ben Trbojevic (solid backrow depth, needs to continue to improve)
24. Tolutau Koula (time to give hime some fullback experience)

I think next year we need to improve our Hooker / centre position, as well as get some fullback depth. We can easily upgrade centre, by having Harper / Walker there. Give Walks his full time position back. Hooker, I hope Fainu is back (80 minute player), so having Lawton as utility makes sense (as he can play backrow). Then you go with FORWARDS on the bench (we saw how soft up the middle were were at times, particularly mobility wise).

01. Tom Trbojevic (he's great, but we need a REAL back-up plan)
02. Jason Saab (needs defensive work over the off season)
03. Morgan Harper (he'll be better for this next year after this)
04. Dylan Walker (I'm sorry, but we need way X-factor / speed in the centres)
05. Reuben Garrick (continually improving - can cover fullback)
06. Kieran Foran (Last year with us, should give his all)
07. Daly Cherry-Evans (probably needs to give up rep footy)
08. Marty Taupau (needs to focus on losing some k/g's, and get some mobility / speed back)
09. Manase Fainu (let's be fair, massive upgrade , if he's innocent)
10. Taniela Paseka (needs to start, fast, big, mobile, explosive)
11. Haumole Olakau'atu (needs to lose all his injuries, and endurance - excels when explosive)
12. Josh Schuster (LET HIM PLAY HIS GAME. Needs a massive focus on weight)
13. Jake Trbojevic (had a huge bounce back year this year, hoping that continues)

14. Karl Lawton (Can play halves / Hooker / backrow), needs to be the utility
15. Sean Keppie (Also needs some weight focus, but is a fantastic player)
16. Josh Aloiai (See 11's description)
17. Ethan Bullemore (Can play prop / backrow - play Davey if he's not acquired)

18. Brad Parker (blue chip cover for centre)
19. Toafofoa Sipley (blue chip cover for prop)
20. Andrew Davey (great cover for backrow / prop)
21. Lachlan Croker (blue chip cover for 1/2's, hooker or utility)
22. Christian Tuipulotu (decent cover for wing - replaces Funa)
23. Ben Trbojevic (solid backrow depth, needs to continue to improve)
24. Tolutau Koula (time to give hime some fullback experience)
Ryan's BACK !!! Well done mate, one of your best

It was written that there was a deal with us just about done and dusted. Walker was probably one of our top 3-5 players in the back of the season and other clubs would now be contacting his manager. Nothing but a last minute attempt to bump up Manly's offer before he agrees. He will stay on, Des and the club stuck by him after the DV incident and then the Pizza incident when every other club didn't want to offer him a minimum wage contract.

We have the biggest upside of any club and will be there in the next couple of yrs and he knows it. But why not try and get a few more $$$ out of it based on the strong 2021 finish.

Dogs have signed Max King and Braidon Burns,they have 30 contracted players and Gus has stated that they are at maximum cap capacity.They would have to release someone on a high salary and contribute very little of their salary to afford Walker.More likely to be Tigers if anyone and with Madge staying they are struggling to attract anyone....

We can’t afford Walker to test the market and sign him on market value. We need him to sign just under market value for our squads sake. Considering what Des and the club has done coupled with loyalty you would think he would stay for unders.
Fingers crossed he signs as he has been a revelation coming on after 20min

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8