Walker critics be gone

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
A bloke on Twitter who has been on the money with plenty of stuff around the club this year, posted this earlier this evening.

“It’s my understanding that Dylan Walker has agreed to a 1 year deal with the club for 2022”
Fug i hope not.

I must say if a player is already signed for the following 3 years with another club its unlikely he'll put his body on the line whilst he is in a holding mode. I don't like the message it would send to the rest of the squad as players trying to break into the squad might resent a player getting picked before them when he is taking off the following season anyway. Yes his skillful but its about getting the squad right and keeping them tight. If he has signed somewhere else I'd cut him loose. Short term fixes rarely provide dividends.

If he signs this year and contracted he can't accept another offer until Nov 22 unless we agree to let him go before June. That's my understanding. I was like you until someone with better knowledge told me I was wrong. Sure I struggled with that because I'm always right, most of the time...
40 years is right. You can sign 1 year earlier than your contract runs out. Teams will be doing pre season in November 22, if Walker couldn't sign with Dolphins until November next year we would have a pre season circus every year

Yeah , i don 't have a problem with a one year contract in Walker 's case ., Looks like Manly have been quite firm and prudent on what they are prepared to offer him , short or longer term ,Probably can "t get that much better deal elsewhere for 2022 and would like to keep his options open when the new franchise is part of the comp . . Nothing unusual for a player and his manager to try to use some flexibility as a perceived advantage . Should owe Manly something on the loyalty front but that obviously won 't be or isn"t his or his manager "s first priority .

I'm just struggling to understand why we want to sign a player for 1 year mate.
We have just lost Suli. Unless we purchase a player of similar quality to Walker, there will be a big hole in our roster if he's absent in 2022. We would have only two experienced centres in Parker & Harper (Koula & Tuipulotu only potential at this stage) and no explosive bench players. It would be a similar situation to when Api was let go at the end of 2019. We didn't expect Fainu would also become unavailable. I think Des wouldn't have agreed for Suli to leave if he wasn't intent on retaining Walker (at least for 2022).

Maybe wishing Walker to leave can be likened to cutting off your nose to spite your face?

A bloke on Twitter who has been on the money with plenty of stuff around the club this year, posted this earlier this evening.

“It’s my understanding that Dylan Walker has agreed to a 1 year deal with the club for 2022”
If that's case so be it and if he doesn't put in hopefully Des will make the call and leave him as 18 not the 14 like he did with Suli
Lawton it's more than capable of filling the 14 role and gives chances Koula and tippy or even Burbo to put pressure on Parker and Harper for a spot in the centres

We'd sign him for one-year because:
1. Walker insisted, hoping/knowing that he'd join the Fins in 2023
2. He was willing to accept our reasonable offer
3. It would allow Manly's promising juniors (such as Tippytoes and Koala) to get NRL-read for our push to the the premiership in 2023

If the one year thing is true I'm fine with it. It is not like he is only coming for one year, it is his 5th or 6th year with the team, and they all seem to like each other. He also fits with the style of play. Also it means we haven't spent overs on his retention.

From Walker's point of view he likely believes he is worth more so will try to prove that across the season with an eye on his next contract.

My take on the one year deal has nothing to do with plots, plans, schemes or conspiracies ... simply the notion that clubs, Manly included, don't have a clear picture of his best "position" .. and hence how to value him ..

If his transition to a middle attacking lock continues to go well .. is he then a $700k starting lock? ... if he continues to be the super sub .. is he a $500k number 14 ? .. or is he just an aging back worth just $250k ..

I think Walker has accepted he is in a position that is difficult to quantify ... and with Manly's blessing has backed himself for one year to prove his worth ...

Good outcome and good thinking by both parties ..

It's not just the dolphins but once they sign 20-25 players then ALL other clubs' potential player pool is 20-25 players shorter.
Supply n demand people.

Walkers is an experienced gf winner. Covers centre, lock, 5/8. And when he plays well he is good. The sadest part, is there is part of me that will be happy to see him go. X boxes, Pizza boxes. I'm a just a bit over how he treats his boxes.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10