Walker critics be gone

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hahahaha oh maybe someone jumped to conclusions?

TIGERS RISK LOSING ENFORCER AS EXTENSION TALKS STALL

The Wests Tigers are in danger of losing star forward Luciano Leilua on the open market after delayed negotiations over a contract upgrade and extension.
The Daily Telegraph reported Leilua could elect to hit the open market on November 1 if his contract demands are not met.
The 25-year-old is contracted until the end of 2022 on a deal worth $450,000 a season, but is seeking a contract upgrade to $700,000 for next year.

The story I am sure related to Sam Walker.

I believe in second chances and he blew his. No speculation about that. I’m not a hater but I’m not an admirer either.

A lot of the anti Walker sentiment is based upon heresay and speculation. A few on here were ready to send him packing because of a news report. Turns our the unnamed Sydney player wanting a hefty upgrade is Luciano Lielua.
He played well this season. I think many of us were warming up to him again, after seasons of on-field and off-field disappointments. Its great that's he is staying on, but don't expect too many people on here to get too excited about it. His management hasnt done any favors for him in the way this was all handled.

He played well this season. I think many of us were warming up to him again, after seasons of on-field and off-field disappointments. Its great that's he is staying on, but don't expect too many people on here to get too excited about it. His management hasnt done any favors for him in the way this was all handled.
His Manager wanted a 2yr deal, will be interesting to see what coin he's on. Dylan needs to follow up his good end of season form into 22. Good decision by Manly for mine.

His Manager wanted a 2yr deal, will be interesting to see what coin he's on. Dylan needs to follow up his good end of season form into 22. Good decision by Manly for mine.
I am missing something here why would we not offer DW 2 years ? I can understand him wanting 1 year so that he is available for Dolphins in 2023 ,but I dont get us only offering the 1 . Maybe because we have someone else coming thru in his positions etc or maybe we have someone else lined up for 2023 and we dont then need the extra year for DW ?

I am missing something here why would we not offer DW 2 years ? I can understand him wanting 1 year so that he is available for Dolphins in 2023 ,but I dont get us only offering the 1 . Maybe because we have someone else coming thru in his positions etc or maybe we have someone else lined up for 2023 and we dont then need the extra year for DW ?
Or maybe we (Manly) are a bit wary of Walkers past injury problems and off field problems.

I surmise that DW:
1 had no good offers elsewhere
2 took our 1 yr deal (lowballed) so he can take advantage of Dolphins causing a player shuffle next November.
3) thinks he is worth more than the market says.
I like that wild surmise, silent upon a peak in Darien

Actually, there hasn't there hasn't been any off-field turmoil since Pizzagate & he had a good season on-field (unfortunately truncated through injury).
Yeah but there is discontent, the players order pizza at 6pm and it don't arrive till 8.50pm, they reckon the drivers are reluctant to deliver to our team.

I dont get us only offering the 1 year. Maybe because we have someone else coming thru in his positions etc or maybe we have someone else lined up for 2023 and we dont then need the extra year for DW ?
Yes, this is the big thing, we only wanted him for 1 year...what is going on in '23?

The Finns have obviously shown no interest in Walker or he wouldn't be wanting a 2 year deal...and they would have had a list of the ones they want a long time ago.

Maybe your interpretation is different...? In today's Telegraph, as quoted by @Mitch, it says in part "Walker was in talks to secure a two-year extension" and imho perhaps Manly did offer him a 2 year extension but at an unacceptable value, or with unreasonable clauses added.

In the absence of DW getting any other offers, he and Manly might have compromised and settled for 1 year. Who knows but I tend to think there's 2 sides to every story!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8