Walker critics be gone

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
gee if that is Walker Ritchie is referring to thats a big ask.He has had a good season with us under one of the best coaches in a team that made it to a pre-lim for a GF which he played in but came off the bench for most of it .
In addition how many wasted weeks and months have we had with him with suspensions injuries (some self inflicted) and general bad behavior .
I agree with the poster who said that even his manager could not possibly have that much chutzpah to ask for that sort of an increase ,especially with a coach and team that has stood by him thru thick and thin for 5 years or so
I hope he stays for good coin with us , but wish him well to the team and desperado who will pay that sort of money for him given his history
Stay with the winners Dylan it will pay off in the long term.

No, we were already in for Bullymore while the Walker offer was on the table. I presume we signed him with Siro's coin. We also have Suli's 425k. If Walker goes, then the 450k would have to be available.
Agree about the money side, but that is not what I meant. I mean't replacing Walker in the prop rotation with Bullymore. Maybe that was always the plan...maybe not too.

Seriously ... if it is Walker, and the numbers are correct .. big ifs ... but if correct, I want the bloke with cojones big enough to go home and tell his Missus .. "I signed with Manly for $250,000 less per year than Tigers offered me because I didn't want to appear interested in money or upset their supportive fans"

Next call would be for a medical response team to remove the playstation and spoon from Walkers arrse ..

Not too sure that it would be Dylan , although the previous contract range seems about right . If it is a 700 k demand by him , would even exceed any semblance of a gambit claim , more into the realms of fantasy . Not a good situation to be losing both Suli and Walker and having to rely on Foz , Parker and Harper in their respective positions to get Manly into the top bracket again and consequently too much reliance in Turbo to continuously lift the side again . Maybe Koula , maybe Tippy Toes can provide a bit of a boost but not a given by any means . i thought around the 350 - 400 k for Dylan to continue , maybe the club is prepared to offer a little more but no doubt not that much more . Not too sure that there would be the calibre of player out there to substitute for Suli or Walker and guess all eyes will be on Bullemor if no suitable replacement can be found . Burbo could well be more in contention next season but he will be predominately a edge player [ back row ] one would think

Been a Massive fane of Walks impact and see benefits with him off the pine in 2022...
Now the reality - only in England will he get near the coin being pushed by his management, I will be suprised if he leaves Manly, but off season is called the Silly season for a reason.....

Seriously ... if it is Walker, and the numbers are correct .. big ifs ... but if correct, I want the bloke with cojones big enough to go home and tell his Missus .. "I signed with Manly for $250,000 less per year than Tigers offered me because I didn't want to appear interested in money or upset their supportive fans"

Next call would be for a medical response team to remove the playstation and spoon from Walkers arrse ..
And it is not just potentially taking less on the next contract. If he stays at Manly and plays off the bench, when it comes time to negotiate the subsequent contract there is a major risk that he is not going to be in as strong a position as he would be if he was a starting player elsewhere.

It's not as if he is a bloke in the twilight of his career, who has made the bulk of his coin and can start to think sentimentally. He is a 27 year old who has failed to reach the heights his talents demand and needs to make sure he puts himself in the best position to succeed for the next 8 years. This next contract is likely the most important of his career.

Last edited:

My wife would prefer me to be happy than rich.

Been a Massive fane of Walks impact and see benefits with him off the pine in 2022...
Now the reality - only in England will he get near the coin being pushed by his management, I will be suprised if he leaves Manly, but off season is called the Silly season for a reason.....
This got me thinking - it is interesting that the Dolphins are being spoken about as a disruptor for the next round of contracts.

I would add that Toulouse is also a new player in the mix. They just got promoted to the super league, and may well be more than happy to pay a good player like Walker $700k. And now, not in 2023.

As far as I can see there are NO boneheaded NRL journos that have thought of this yet, and it is a new reality for rugby league.

Might be the best outcome for him and he club if he signs elsewhere. His history makes him a risky investment IMO. Recruitment and retention is key and getting the squad balance right is not easy. If I had a say I would not invest anything in the vicinity of 700K.

He's not worth 700K to Manly.
But he is the best NRL player on the market this year, he can run, kick, pass, tackle, and has played centre, 5/8, half (!) fullback, and bench lock utility. So well done if he can get it.
Ideally it's resolved in the next week or two because Dylan became a key player for us this year and we'll need a little tweaking to the side if he's not around.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10