Walker cleared to play.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So, I’m guessing if Manly sacks him he’ll get paid his full contract and sit on the sideline until 2020.

But if the NRL sacks him surely that’s their issue and shouldn’t affect our salary cap?????

Anyone know the answer.

So, I’m guessing if Manly sacks him he’ll get paid his full contract and sit on the sideline until 2020.

But if the NRL sacks him surely that’s their issue and shouldn’t affect our salary cap?????

Anyone know the answer.
How is your relationship going mate . Are you both still happy ?

Dylan Walker has pleaded not guilty to allegedly assaulting his fiancée, Alexandra Ivkovic in their Dee Why home last week.

Appearing in Manly Local Court this morning, the NRL player pleaded not guilty to the charges of common assault and assault occasioning actual bodily harm that allegedly occurred on December 6.

The Sea Eagles centre's lawyer, Ramy Qutami, said he was instructed to enter pleas of not guilty to both charges and the matter was adjourned to December 18 to fix a hearing date if required.

Walker, 24, left the court hand in hand with Ivkovic who he is allegedly accused of assaulting.
http_%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2F_%2Fmedia%2F2018%2F12%2F11%2F11%2F03%2FWalker-and-GF-FST.jpg

Mate we have all sorts of players in the nrl that have been done for far worse.. i dont think we should sack him at all. In fact we can get a cheaper contract out of him next season now hes a proven degenerate lol. Still better then what afb did by a country mile
Yes mate I see what your saying, all I'm saying is an assault charge stops travelling os as far as I know.

Anyone know the answer.

If he’s sacked after this I highly doubt he’ll be paid out in full. He also wouldn’t continue as part of our salary cap.

Could be along the Ben barba situation where the wife asked greenturd and Des would he lose his contract if she pressed charges and they said yes.

It was reported at the time she was receiving 75% of his contract money per month to look after all their children and she didn't want to lose the money which is understandable with 3 or 4 kids to look after.

She didn't press charges and the dogs just tried to sweep it all under the carpet.

It's difficult for Manly as Walkers fiancé may well not go ahead (which seems to be the case) and then he may have the charges dropped.

We can't sack him under those circumstances even if we want to. He'd sue us for wrongful dismissal.

Difficult situation but looks like he may well be with us for next year but I wouldn't hold my breathe in us signing him again.

It's a shame as he is an electrifying player but not sure if he's learnt any lessons yet regarding how he should behave on and off the field.

Media and opposition fans just look for anything to throw at us and this will be their ammunition this year.

Interesting that the report on news.com states there was only 1 independant witness.

Just goes to show how quickly something can spread & grow arms & legs along the way. Ever since the incident I've heard there were multiple witnesses, that it happened outside their front door, in their driveway & 1 report even said it happened across the road from their unit.

I guess we'll get more of an idea of what actually happened as time goes by, depending on what action the NRL & Manly take & if Walker makes any statement about it.

Several major flaws with your analogy.

1. Being charged is one thing, being convicted and sentenced is another.

2. Since when is a legal issue determined on what an individual thinks?

3.Changing her mind is not the only way Walker can be found not guilty. The evidence can be tried and all these witnesses cross-examined, then based on those facts, not opinions, a decision can be handed down.

4. Was I happy for Greg Bird to play on? Can you kindly show me where and when I have suggested, indicated, or stated on silvertails, or any where else, that I was happy for Greg Bird to glass his girlfriend and play on?

1. There are injuries and if her story of events is consistent with the injuries present, then guilt is essentially proven in a he said/she said situation.

2. Pretty simple really, if she thought her injuries were due to an accident, then she probably would’ve told the police this and nothing else would’ve happened. If she thought he intentionally injured her, then she’d tell the police that and they’d charge him and put an AVO on him. Assault often comes down to fear being felt by the victim, is fear not related to someone’s thoughts? Thought processes are a huge component of the legal process and legal issues.

3. Stop reading text books and think about it practically. She had injuries, she claimed he caused them. The only way out of it is if she retracts her statement, and hey, look what has happened.

4. Careful, Greg Bird’s conviction was quashed, meaning he’s innocent under the eyes of the law, and therefore you should be happy he was allowed to play on and have no criminal punishment. On the one hand you didn’t want Greg Bird to be allowed to play even though he’s not guilty of anything, but Walker should be allowed to play pending the result of his court case. So if Walker is found not guilty, you think he should be allowed to continue playing, but Bird was found not guilty and you didn’t want him to be allowed to play. Sounds a bit contradictory to me.

Common assault wont result in gaol unless there is a serious history. AOABH, which the police are apparently also charging him with, can result in gaol
Maybe if he has history but that charge is not worthy here at all he didn't strike her and any decent lawyer can get that dropped especially if they need to plea. Thats why the cops add it, so when it comes to court they can bargin and say we will drop this serious charge if you accept the lesser. Understand? There a scummy lot but we need them

From recent reports, the police now hold the key to what (if any) charges he is convicted of.
There is a real possibility that he is not convicted, then it is up to Manly and the integrity (lol) commission if any punishment is forthcoming.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6