Walker cleared to play.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
And ... I am sure a big part of the eventual outcome will be the magnitute and severity of the assault ...... losing it and pulling your partners hair . whilst wrong and deserving of all our contempt ...... is not in the higher range of assaults ...... I doubt you would get much street cred in gaol when you told people you were "in" for hair pulling ......

In the mean time .... a postponent ..... the usual signing up for anger management courses and the appropriate councelling ... genuine contrition and the possibility of reconciliation .....

Unless there is a lot more we don't know about ... I can't see a judge imposing a maximum sentence ......
There will be no jail no way.. its the lowest of the assault charges in common assault and thr other one is just a back up and not even worthy but thats what the police do

He'll plead not guilty so his case will be adjourned, which will give him time to attend anger management classes & start doing a lot of high profile community work so by the time his case comes up he'll have had plenty of time to demonstrate he is a changed man, which will lessen the severity of any sentence he receives if he's found guilty.

On the matter of whether or not his fiancee may change her mind & withdraw charges - I thought the police were able to continue with DV prosecutions even if the plaintiff withdraws their statement?

Very difficult for the police. They must have strong evidence to proceed, if she withdraws the charges, such as witness statements etc. The injuries could be caused by other means, she could argue. DV issues are a minefield for the women...but also for the police.

There will be no jail no way.. its the lowest of the assault charges in common assault and thr other one is just a back up and not even worthy but thats what the police do

Common assault wont result in gaol unless there is a serious history. AOABH, which the police are apparently also charging him with, can result in gaol

He'll plead not guilty so his case will be adjourned, which will give him time to attend anger management classes & start doing a lot of high profile community work so by the time his case comes up he'll have had plenty of time to demonstrate he is a changed man, which will lessen the severity of any sentence he receives if he's found guilty.

On the matter of whether or not his fiancee may change her mind & withdraw charges - I thought the police were able to continue with DV prosecutions even if the plaintiff withdraws their statement?

And don’t forget he’ll find a Sky Fairy in there as well, that’s all part of the deal.

Very difficult for the police. They must have strong evidence to proceed, if she withdraws the charges, such as witness statements etc. The injuries could be caused by other means, she could argue. DV issues are a minefield for the women...but also for the police.
It’s not a minefield if she tells the truth that backs up the witnesses statements and doesn’t back down because she realises the life she will lose if she goes ahead with it

Under neath the rock hard body I can get a bit mushy .
I hope love can find a way
With love all things are possible
jkl-1.jpg

@SeaEagles Dylan walker intends to plead not guilty to domestic assault charges involving his fiancé, manly court has heard complainant wants to retract statement made to police.
So assume the complainant is his partner?

I guess if that is the case where the person does not want to press the charges and may not provide further support to the prosecution case then this makes any future proceedings difficult?

I am no legal eagle but could the police actually take the case further by relying on witnesses only (assuming the person assaulted retracts and won’t provide testimony etc)?? Any lawyers in the room?

Serious question Woodsie, if taking so many drugs that you accident almost took your own life wasn't enough to put Walker on the straight and narrow, do you think some counselling sessions and anger management classes will help him? Guessing the club made him attend some classes when he broke his hand on the family front door too.... Wonder if they helped?

I know your point is not that the classes will change him, more that this issue will be on the lighter end of the DV spectrum but I'm more concerned about the pattern and complete disregard for his public actions.

This kid hasn't learned his lesson yet. He's in his final year of a $650k contract. He will spend most of that on the sidelines because of his actions once again.

I personally would prefer him learn his lessons at another club, we've given him more than enough time to get his issues sorted.... And once again, he's let himself and the club down.

I was commenting on the process and the severity of the charges ... not the effectiveness of it .... I will leave the moral and ethical commentary to those that are 100% certain that the events described in a couple of paragraphs of fish and chip wrapping is all they need to know to cast absolute judgement .....

Really did anyone expect anything different???

If the police continue , it could be 6 months until a court date, meanwhile we are paying a player $650k to sit on the sideline.

Just peachey hey!!!

Don't just assume it is the partner retracting her statement ........ it may well be ... but there is just as much likelihood that a witness is second guessing what they witnessed .....

Don't just assume it is the partner retracting her statement ........ it may well be ... but there is just as much likelihood that a witness is second guessing what they witnessed .....
Ivkovic's lawyer Ramy Qutami told Manly Local Court that she wished to give a retraction statement, following the events of last Friday when Walker was charged with two counts of assault against her outside their Dee Why apartment in Sydney's northern beaches.

Manly centre Dylan Walker left court on Tuesday holding hands with partner Alexandra Ivkovic in a dramatic turn of events in the 24-year-old's domestic violence charges.

Ivkovic's lawyer Ramy Qutami told Manly Local Court that she wished to give a retraction statement, following the events of last Friday when Walker was charged with two counts of assault against her outside their Dee Why apartment in Sydney's northern beaches.

A new date of December 18 was set for a further court hearing – if required.

Meantime, Walker and Ivkovic's lawyers will speak with NSW Police and then detectives will have to determine if there's enough substance to continue with the two charges.

The court continued an Apprehended Violence Order (AVO) against Walker, but it does not rule out the couple still living together. It states that Walker can't harass, intimidate, verbally or physically threaten Ivkovic but it makes no ruling on him having to keep a certain distance from her.

Walker, a former Test and NSW Origin player, is off contract with the Sea Eagles at the end of 2019.

NRL player Dylan Walker has pleaded not guilty to assaulting his fiancee Alexandra Ivkovic at a home on Sydney’s northern beaches.

The 24-year-old was arrested and charged with common assault and assault occasioning actual bodily harm, both domestic violence-related, after his partner suffered cuts to her shoulder, leg and feet in Dee Why on December 6.

At Manly Local Court on Tuesday, the Sea Eagles centre’s lawyer Ramy Qutami said he was instructed to enter pleas of not guilty to both charges and the matter was adjourned to December 18 to fix a hearing date if required.

ae9bebfc8867370342938d43fb34786c

Walker is facing serious charges.Source:Instagram

Ivkovic is a former Miss Australia finalist and the pair have a young son who was born in July.

Ivkovic was seen in the passenger seat as Walker drove himself to court on Tuesday morning and she was reportedly sitting next to him once they arrived at court.

Walker’s NRL career appears in limbo with the Manly star stood down from training and he faces the possibility of having his contract torn up if found guilty.

Source: news.com.au

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8