Walker cleared to play.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If no one was allowed to comment without actual fact, Silvertails wouldn't exist because no one ever really knows the actual facts.

In this case, the facts were the police charged Walker with 2 domestic violence offences obviously with the help of a statement from his wife (which she has chosen today to retract).

Each to their own though.

Commenting is one think ...... convicting and calling for his execution is something entirely different .... most sensible posters on ST called for patience until all the details were tabled in court ..... those with the benefit of divine certainty continued to forecast apocalpse ...

... each to their own I guess ....

This is why I don't subscribe to the drama. The salary cap thread spanned hundreds of pages and I didn't make a single post in it. Now this current drama has taken a twist and I'm glad to have not made an unfounded comment about it.

Being a footy forum and bringing the discussion back to the Eagles, this is the worst possible scenario in my opinion.

The club can't win here. Walker isn't a fan favourite like Inglis. He doesn't play for a well supported club. He has a history of off field issues.
Witnesses will continue to be referenced about DV.
If the club stands him down it won't be long enough.

Either which way the club plays this, the media will have Manly on the wrong side of it.
Spot on.

Not to mention the continued disharmony between Walker and the players with partners.

They will be in conflict with what their partners' viewpoint of Walker and their continued contact with him in the many social situations :cool:

Sadly the DV in this case is the classic route of domestic life in Oz. Partner lashes out, then begs forgiveness and the optimistic victim is locked into this cycle along with their children :(

Good luck to Lyall an navigating this quagmire @:cool:

Spot on.

Not to mention the continued disharmony between Walker and the players with partners.

They will be in conflict with what their partners' viewpoint of Walker and their continued contact with him in the many social situations :cool:

Sadly the DV in this case is the classic route of domestic life in Oz. Partner lashes out, then begs forgiveness and the optimistic victim is locked into this cycle along with their children :(

Good point re a quagmire- there are so many different angles, so many people with different opinions and prejudices- the club has a difficult decision to make and whatever road they choose to follow they will be bound to upset a significant amount of people. In short there is no right or wrong decision with this, particularly after today’s developments

Spot on.

You may well be correct ... but if the players partners can come to terms with AFB kicking his pregnant partner in the stomach I don't think coming to terms with Walker pulling his partners hair is too big a leap of faith ...... for all we know they may end up being very supportive to both of them ....

.. And yes .... there is a classic cirle of DV abuse .... but I have not heard of any evidence that suggests that this is the case here .... time will tell .....

The other issue is that Walker's hairtrigger temper on the field will have the opponents sledge him about bashing a woman.

Even if the NRL don't sit him out, I expect that he will be suspended during the year for lashing out at the sledgers.:banghead:

Walker already had an NRL reputation of 'dishing it out but unable to take it' :cool:

You may well be correct ... but if the players partners can come to terms with AFB kicking his pregnant partner in the stomach I don't think coming to terms with Walker pulling his partners hair is too big a leap of faith ...... for all we know they may end up being very supportive to both of them ....

.. And yes .... there is a classic cirle of DV abuse .... but I have not heard of any evidence that suggests that this is the case here .... time will tell .....
AFB was at the Drags at the time so there was no friendship between the partner and the Manly WAGS. I also don't recall the pregnant aspect, that was Lui - hard to keep track of the DV Honour Roll in the NRL :confused:

Whereas Walker hooked up with this woman at Manly and a lot of the WAGS are very close knit on the peninsula.

Good point re a quagmire- there are so many different angles, so many people with different opinions and prejudices- the club has a difficult decision to make and whatever road they choose to follow they will be bound to upset a significant amount of people. In short there is no right or wrong decision with this, particularly after today’s developments

Damned if they do and damned if they don’t , especially by the media!!

The other issue is that Walker's hairtrigger temper on the field will have the opponents sledge him about bashing a woman.

Even if the NRL don't sit him out, I expect that he will be suspended during the year for lashing out at the sledgers.:banghead:

Walker already had an NRL reputation of 'dishing it out but unable to take it' :cool:
Curtis Scott was unable to take it when Dylan was dishing it out . I dont remember Dylan ever losing it like Scott .
I remember in a game against the Raiders In Canberra when Dylan was being sledged not from one player but from from all the raiders players and under pressure he kicks a goal to win us the match .
No issue from me here

Last edited:
It’s not a minefield if she tells the truth that backs up the witnesses statements and doesn’t back down because she realises the life she will lose if she goes ahead with it

Which, from what has been reported in the above comments, doesn’t appear likely to happen. We’re going down the Sally and Greg path...

Can't sack him if he's not guilty and partner retracts all statements. It's a mess because he won't take ownership of his actions.

How is Greg and Sally going these days ?

Well, I’m sure she’s enjoying the lifestyle. The cheating with promo girls, the getting the ex preggers the minute you’re temporarily separated etc...I’m guessing not so much. But I suppose that’s the price you pay, right?

Can't sack him if he's not guilty and partner retracts all statements. It's a mess because he won't take ownership of his actions.
He may finally come to realization . Who knows ? We can either look at it from a negative point of view or a positive point of view

Well, I’m sure she’s enjoying the lifestyle. The cheating with promo girls, the getting the ex preggers the minute you’re temporarily separated etc...I’m guessing not so much. But I suppose that’s the price you pay, right?
There is a price to pay in every relationship. Every relationship has its issues and some partners work them out and some dont and that includes footballers .

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8