Walker cleared to play.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Could be along the Ben barba situation where the wife asked greenturd and Des would he lose his contract if she pressed charges and they said yes.

It was reported at the time she was receiving 75% of his contract money per month to look after all their children and she didn't want to lose the money which is understandable with 3 or 4 kids to look after.

She didn't press charges and the dogs just tried to sweep it all under the carpet.

It's difficult for Manly as Walkers fiancé may well not go ahead (which seems to be the case) and then he may have the charges dropped.

We can't sack him under those circumstances even if we want to. He'd sue us for wrongful dismissal.

Difficult situation but looks like he may well be with us for next year but I wouldn't hold my breathe in us signing him again.

It's a shame as he is an electrifying player but not sure if he's learnt any lessons yet regarding how he should behave on and off the field.

Media and opposition fans just look for anything to throw at us and this will be their ammunition this year.

Barba isn't the only alleged case, there have been a few rumoured over the years.

Unfortunately it's a sad reality of domestic violence where victims are trapped under financial dependence, especially with footy players as they make significant coin.

It's something government and support groups have been working to improve, but it's been a challenge for them.

The DPP can still pursue walker if they have enough evidence, but if his finance refusues to give further evidence it may be a lost case.

I just hope that, if it is a financial dependency situation (Again the details are all unknown at his stage), that the club does what it can for the finance and his kid.

Maybe if he has history but that charge is not worthy here at all he didn't strike her and any decent lawyer can get that dropped especially if they need to plea. Thats why the cops add it, so when it comes to court they can bargin and say we will drop this serious charge if you accept the lesser. Understand? There a scummy lot but we need them

Common Assault is where someone has been assaulted, or there has been behaviour suggesting harm, but there is no physical evidence for such. AOABH is where an assault has occurred and there is visible evidence of the assault, including scratches, bruising etc. AOGBH is where serious injury has resulted from an assault, such as broken bones, serious head injuries causing concussion, fractured cheek bones etc. Malicious Wounding is where a weapon has caused serious injury to a person. CA is unlikely to result in full time gaol unless there is a history. AOABH is a likely gaol sentence, depending upon how serious the injuries caused. For example Jamil Hopoate pleaded guilty to two offences of AOABH and was sentenced to 12 months gaol, given the seriousness of the assault. He was lucky not to have a conviction for AOGBH which would have given him a few years away. Sometimes AOABH offenders get Home Detention, Community Service, Weekend Detention. AOGBH is almost definitely a lengthy gaol time as is Malicious Wounding

Common Assault is where someone has been assaulted, or there has been behaviour suggesting harm, but there is no physical evidence for such. AOABH is where an assault has occurred and there is visible evidence of the assault, including scratches, bruising etc. AOGBH is where serious injury has resulted from an assault, such as broken bones, serious head injuries causing concussion, fractured cheek bones etc. Malicious Wounding is where a weapon has caused serious injury to a person. CA is unlikely to result in full time gaol unless there is a history. AOABH is a likely gaol sentence, depending upon how serious the injuries caused. For example Jamil Hopoate pleaded guilty to two offences of AOABH and was sentenced to 12 months gaol, given the seriousness of the assault. He was lucky not to have a conviction for AOGBH which would have given him a few years away. Sometimes AOABH offenders get Home Detention, Community Service, Weekend Detention. AOGBH is almost definitely a lengthy gaol time as is Malicious Wounding
Common sense for a minute do you actually think he would serve time or have week end detention for pulling someone down? Anger management and a good behavior bond and fine at most im my opinion. The slime greenturd on the other hand his overreaction will be legendary lol

And love, strangely enough.

True. But I think that NRL players (and other people comparatively more wealthy than the other fish in their particular sea) get away with more in the DV/generally not being a good partner sense because of the money and lifestyle they’re able to offer.

TBH, the dynamic is not all that different from adult males who date schoolgirls, and similar imbalances - the cash, the flash cars, the living arrangements, the holidays etc are all better than what your peers/other options can give you, so you turn a blind eye to more rubbish treatment than you would if the power/money imbalance didn’t exist.

Shiny things appeal more to some than others, and it can make those types more susceptible.

So ..... the police have kept the AVO in place ..... but they are allowed to live together and share a bed .... the world has gone lip dribbling mad ....
Yep. My friends daughter lives in this situation. Her partner is only violent when he drinks so the AVO says they're ok to live together but he can't consume alcohol or be intoxicated around her. Awesome hey.

Yep. My friends daughter lives in this situation. Her partner is only violent when he drinks so the AVO says they're ok to live together but he can't consume alcohol or be intoxicated around her. Awesome hey.

Yeah, was going to say similar. I have a family member who is a violent drunk, and has had multiple AVOs against him over the years pretty much stipulating that - you can live at the address as normal, with the protected person/s, but not go near the place or person/s if intoxicated.

As awful as this sounds, this will show the playing group completely how Des stands behind his players and supports them.

He was straight in there.

If this doesn't get the playing group to buy in, then I don't even know.

I actually think this is a mountain / mole hill thing, and this will blow over.

In fact, it may bring the coaching staff / playing group closer together.

Well, I’m sure she’s enjoying the lifestyle. The cheating with promo girls, the getting the ex preggers the minute you’re temporarily separated etc...I’m guessing not so much. But I suppose that’s the price you pay, right?
don't forget her job of being the designated driver now after his little sip of alcohol before driving

As awful as this sounds, this will show the playing group completely how Des stands behind his players and supports them.

He was straight in there.

If this doesn't get the playing group to buy in, then I don't even know.

I actually think this is a mountain / mole hill thing, and this will blow over.

In fact, it may bring the coaching staff / playing group closer together.

I am not so sure. Not in 2018.

The battered wife may have presures upon her to withdraw the criminal charges. But with an independent witness the police will also have pressure to proceed.

Even if the criminal charges are withdrawn or he is found not guilty, in todays world so what, itit doesnt mean the assaults didnt take place.

An AVO being made by a court, does mean the assault or some form of domestic violence happened.

Having an AVO incident resulting in an order even without criminal charges, thattalone may be enough in today's world for Dylan to see a lengthy ban. Didnt Ava missed 12 months.

Further don't be surprised if the media now focuses on Miss Universe not wanting to proceed with her statement.

An AVO is described in many fields as bad law government legislators who made it so that men get one free hit of the women before criminal charges must be brought.

The battered women the has pressures. If she give evidence her hubby goes to jail, or losses his job, no one to help with the kids, no money coming in, who pays the bills?

So if she gives evidence ultimately she suffers.

And when we we have a strikingly eye catching Miss Universe and a well know Rugby league player. Who just happens to play for Manly.

I'll be surprised if the media and the domestic violence movement leave this one, well alone.

Last edited:
As i have previously stated i dont condone violence against women. But this reminds me of a mate of mine,he had a heated argument with his wife a witness witnessed them pushing and shoving ect the police took him away and it was the police who put an Avo on him charged him with domestic violence. Mostly to put space between him and his missus once things cooled down she also to make a public statement by accompanied him to court.Good behavior bond attended special domestic violence seminar.Point is innocent till proven guilty and his wife being there sends a strong message of support to him .Also sometimes police do this to calm situation down and to give parties space.

Lets not forget the possibility of a deal being done between both parties, I can remember a glassing by a then sharks/NSW player on his fiancée, withdrawal of complaint, she flew off with her daddy back home after the court case. Never too be seen again $$$$$$$$$

All woman are different and have different desires and needs .
The best lovers focus on their womans needs and go all out to please them and satisfy them .
Pleasurable sex comes in many different forms and has nothing to do with assault . Nothing what so ever .
I think you have taken the :"rough sex" totally out of content .
Think of it like peanut butter . Some like it smooth and some like it rough and crunchy .
The end result is the same . All enjoy it .
Peanut butter... mmm sticky

Yes, and some prices are not worth paying, but the issues are clouded by factors like money and lifestyle.
It may not be just money and lifestyle. I have experience with DV both personally and professionally. If a woman is in love with a man, and especially if she has a child with him she will often stick around. Overtime she can see if it was just a one off and if so, is he genuinely sorry and prepared to do what ever it takes not to do it again.
Dylan is still quite young at 24. There is hope for him to redeem himself. He was even younger when he had the overdose and punched the door.
I am not condoning what he has done, but I am not going to crucify him either. Let's hope he can learn from his mistakes and come out of it a better person.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10