• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The battle of the flora went the way of the good guys last night. Kiwis played at about 85% and still came away with the win. They dropped a lot of ball early on and Carter had a rare off day with the boot, but they still managed to outlast the spoiling tactics to finish over the top. Even more impressive given that they have no first string locks available so the line out was getting hammered. Just too much depth for the sheep shaggers, amazing when you have got guys like McAlister and McDonald coming off the bench. Soliola had a good game and McCaw was everywhere as usual despite the Jarpie tactics of trying to niggle and cheap shot him out of it.

The Jarpies were unlucky as they scored two magnificiently crafted free flowing tries. A rolling ,maul from 5m out and an intercept. Quality rugby.

Actually enjoyed the game this morning.

Wasn't too disappointed when we were down, because they always looked likely to score, and were pretty much making all the attack in the game.
Was awesome to watch in about the 60th min when they flicked the switch and went up about 2 gears, and the Boks didnt have the fitness to go with them.

Rokocoko scoring rounded off a handy weekend at the TAB for me, had him to score a try, and also had Watmough 1st try on friday night

This season is all about William Webb Ellis and has little to do with the rest. Bottom line is that NZ and to a lesser extent SA have much more depth. Each side can put on subs that strengthen the team, whilst the Aussies put on subs and performance drops markedly.

I notice the new World Cup Jersey for the Aussies has two World Cups on it. 1987 was a long time ago. :lol: :lol:

I see the Boks are bringing their B and C sides over the Indian Ocean.

That's causing a bit of a ruckus, seems the Proteas have both eyes on Bill.

Problem is the Wallaby B side can't even beat Fiji. I hope the A side can run one through the Jarpie reserves, might just be the tonic we need going to France.

I think Schalk Burger was scared about venturing to these shores in a World Cup year in case George Rose found out he was here.

Wonder what would have happened had they won on the weekend.

Disappointing but understandable.

I read an article the other day mata that the government over there is looking at making all national sides wear the Protea as the emblem. Can't see that getting a pass mark from the fans, they will go nuts if the springbok is lost

Wonder what would have happened had they won on the weekend.

Disappointing but understandable.

I read an article the other day mata that the government over there is looking at making all national sides wear the Protea as the emblem. Can't see that getting a pass mark from the fans, they will go nuts if the springbok is lost

Will anyone remember the 2007 Tri-Nations winners?

They can put the Protea on their shirt if they proceed with plans to chock the side with 10 token players rather than the current 2.

LOL, i am a ****en muppet, that article i refered to is on this page. :drunk:

I agree on the tri nations, but i thought South Africans were a lot more passionate about their test matches than this shows

Ordinarily yes, but this is a World Cup year. However, above all things Africans are pragmatists, and there's no point to injuring a Matfield before the World Cup.

[quote author=Matabele]
Primarily five eighth but also inside Centre and fullback. Occasionally filled in at the back row. Goalkicker.

I was happy to be shifted around to where I was most needed by the team.

Geez a back, you been enjoying the good life since your retirement? :p

[/quote]

It's called a botched ACL re-construction.

Just a question Mata

NZ basically did a similar thing during the Super 14 resting 22 players for 7 weeks.

In terms of importance would winning the Super 14 and the confidence gained from that be more beneficial to the South African confidence than a Tri Nations win ? Personally i would go for the All Blacks way as it enables them more opportunity to work on combinations during the international year

NZ get nothing out of a Super 14 win as they win it year in and year out.

South Africa have clearly seen what their side looks like against the big two and they know their record in the antipodes is poor.

So why risk one's best cattle? Give the second and third tier a chance to fight it out for the rmeaining spots in the WC squad and take the stars into the tournament rested and fit.

Plenty of time to test combinations in the mickey mouse games of the pool.

That is partly my point, if you don't take your best players away from their comfort zone, playing big games on tour, do you know how they will react when it comes to the crunch ?

I admit to not being right up on International rugby and this debate, but they are leaving about 20 players behind aren't they ? Surely not all of them have experienced a lot of games of big pressure

They have left all their guns. I haven't seen the full list but I assume it is key players and then others struggling with niggling injuries anyway (Januarie is one that comes to mind).

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8