• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Not really that into it at the mo, so some banter may inspire me to take more interest in it

Next week South Africa v All Blacks, thoughts ?

Saf would have to go in favourites i think, preparation of playing Canada and then flying to Saf for a week later will prove a bit much i think.
Hopefully the selectors from the All Blacks point of view will ditch Masoe and persist with Toeava at 13, he looks to have class written all over him

The Boks sustained some critical injuries last night - Smit, Smith and the front rower. Plus Butch James is not a 5/8ths pimple so we need Hoggard or Pretorious back from injury soon.

I would imagine Habana will be wearing the 14 next week. If you HAVE to make a token selection at least make it a bloke without 15 mistakes in him.

Habana v Sivuvatu/Rokocoko should be a beauty

Lock will be the All Blacks weakness with the top 4 all out. Looking to Collins to have a huge game

The Saffies were none to convincing against the Aussies, however the Wobblies did defend out of their skins. I expected us to get a bit of a touch up. Had we kicked better in general play (especially inside our on 25) we could have had a "comfortable" win.

I expected more from the Boks and thought they would dominate the forward battle more than they did. Surprisingly our scrum stood up to the challenge pretty well, helped by a million resets courtesy of that useless Pommie ref. They have to pick Habana if he is fit, he is a deadset matchwinner. Probably won't touch the ball much though. Start with Steyn and just kick drop goals should be their tactic.

It'll be a good test for both sides, but I expect that the Saffies will take it up a notch and look to really dominate in the ruck and maul. I guess a lot will depend on who referees, I assume an Aussie will get the gig which will make for a better game. Kiwis have the class in the backs if they can get some clean ball.

What Saturday's game showed is that Australia can't be written off for the World Cup providing their top 22 stay fit. If they get injuries they have bugger all depth.

especially considering the kiwis will choke again

i was suprised at the game, was only going to watch a bit of it to see how bad we were going but watched the whole game since we were in with a chance. Big game from Dunning, interesting if he can back that up.

I tip the Blacks to win and look the good right up the semi final of the World Cup when the weight of expectation will again resurface!!! They are carrying two shakey isles on their backs!!! :lol:

I guess a lot will depend on who referees, I assume an Aussie will get the gig which will make for a better game. Kiwis have the class in the backs if they can get some clean ball.

Mate, the Aussies refs are ****en woeful from what i have seen this season. Especially that Dickenson clown

Underlying beauty. The only underlying I see is dumb forwards lying over the ball whilst the ref says roll away!!!!! As for beauties one of the South African teams has a very attractive set of cheergirls!!! :lol2:

No. It's because Australians don't understand the underlying beauty and passion of the game.

Spoken with the true arrogance that only ten years of introspection in the rugby wilderness could engender.

This is not a loaded question, but were you a forward or back when you played ??

Primarily five eighth but also inside Centre and fullback. Occasionally filled in at the back row. Goalkicker.

I was happy to be shifted around to where I was most needed by the team.

Primarily five eighth but also inside Centre and fullback. Occasionally filled in at the back row. Goalkicker.

I was happy to be shifted around to where I was most needed by the team.

Geez a back, you been enjoying the good life since your retirement? :p

I know that they have tried this before, but if it gets up this time we'll have a pretty little flower joining the innoccuous little fern leaf as the terrifying emblems of two rugby nations. I'm glad we've got a herbivore as our emblem.

SA may lose its Springboks
From correspondents in Johannesburg
June 22, 2007 11:11pm

SOUTH Africa's Springboks rugby team may soon be renamed if a proposal to scrap its famous emblem is adopted at an upcoming conference of the ruling African National Congress.
Delegates at the ANC's policy conference, which begins on Wednesday, will be asked if they support the idea of having a protea flower as a uniform emblem for all national sports teams.

If the suggestion becomes law, the emblem of a leaping springbok would have to be removed from the national team's famous gold and green rugby shirts.

Cedrick Frolick, an ANC lawmaker who sits on the Parliament's sports committee, said that the use of a common emblem would encourage nation-building in the post-apartheid era.

“It's not only about the Springbok emblem but about uniform colours for all national teams in the interest of nation building,” Frolick told the Afrikaans language newspaper Die Volksblad.

“Some teams do not look like South African teams when they're on the field.

"The soccer team have a different strip every time they play.

“It has been decided twice that the protea should be the only national sports emblem.

"The last time was in 1998. Talks about the application will now begin in earnest."

The move would not affect the Bafana Bafana national football team which does not have a specific emblem, while the cricket squad has already adopted the protea as its hallmark.

The rugby authorities had hoped they had faced down the threat three years ago when former president Nelson Mandela said the springbok emblem should be spared.

The ANC and South African Rugby Union have frequently locked horns, with members of the governing party complaining about the continued dearth of black players in the national team 13 years on from the end of whites-only rule.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4