Top 29 Squad 2019

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Agreed. I remember his debut for the Tigers - he showed plenty of pace in setting up & scoring a try from the wing.

When he came to us he was depressed & unmotivated - with nearly a full season under his belt plus offseason training under Des & Don I reckon he'll start next season looking as lean as he was at Wests.

Yeah .... with the kid it is all about his headspace ..... seemed he was getting into a good place .... hope it continues ..... but I think he is a winger , not a centre ...

Yeah .... with the kid it is all about his headspace ..... seemed he was getting into a good place .... hope it continues ..... but I think he is a winger , not a centre ...
Agree. I think that if Suli is here for the first game of the season in 2019 it means a) he has knuckled down and survived pre-season; and b) he is a lot fitter. If this comes to pass I think he is a lock for one wing position (and a good one at that).

With respect to Garrick lets not get too far ahead of ourselves. Not one Dragons supporter was sorry to see him go. Comments to the effect he had his chances, not strong enough defensively, others have overtaken him e.g. Lomax. However they were positive about his attitude and ability under the high ball. I for one hope he makes it, but for me Rnd 1 wingers will be George and Moses and while they are not "speedsters" they are "metre eaters".

My Take:

Decent squad that always had a strong nucleus, some new faces and seasoned pros with a sprinkling of youth.

Cade Cust, Corey Waddel and Garrick all good inclusions. Cust really deserves his chance in the top 30 and should have been on a development deal last year. Garrick has plenty of speed and football smarts.

Albert Hopoate and Semisi Kioa into the top 30 are the biggest surprises, development deals maybe but top 30? Really good players but gambles none the less. Both coming back from serious knee injuries, Hopoate in 2018 and Kioa in 2017. Hopoate has always been a star and is a gamble worth taking, bold move and i like it. Kioa is a hard running winger/centre and was a star in Harold Matts for Cronulla before injuries halted his progress. Came to Manly midway through 2017 and played in the NYC 2017 Champion team where he and fellow winger Alfred Smalley's early hit-ups in the set followed by the props which resulted in the team steamrolling forward.

Brendan Elliot. Just upgrade Jade Anderson to the top 30.

Keppie. Former Aus schoolboy with a big motor and had a really solid U20 season last year for Parra. Not really an upgrade on Amone, Tarrant and Tuivati who we already had in our system. Amone dominated the NSW Cup and is also an Aus Schoolboy and Junior Kiwi (dont ask me how that works!!!). Tarrant has been superior to Keppie throughout the juniors and been selected over him in NSW Origin Pathways squads whilst Tuivati also had an outstanding 2018 U20 season. All are solid workmen props that can play lock. Keppie can play and will becomes Haslers new Tolman.

Elgey. Yeh we will see.

Hodkinson, Perret, Winterstein, Crocker and Parker are all on their last legs. Perform or be gone.

Biggest omissions seem to be Amone, Tarrant, Tuivati and Josh Schuster. All could have probably earned a Top 30 or development contract. Hopefully all are still in our system (Blacktown or junior reps) and we haven't lost these guys.

Cant wait for Des to work his magic. Go Manly.

No mention of Blake Aysford, I have heard we might have signed him from the Warriors.

He’s a centre isn’t he??

Might be some truth in the Kelly rumour after all!

Meanwhile, Manly have announced the addition of Brendan Elliot, as well as the re-signings of three key players, for coach Des Hasler’s return next NRL season.

The Sea Eagles on Wednesday unveiled a 29-man squad, which includes contract extensions for Api Koroisau, Moses Suli and Brian Kelly.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/3c78f2e68b071131f7407eccd2d7bb0a

Check out the size of this dudes head.... looks like Nate Myles' brother.
Capture.PNG

Desmond has gone from having a squad of geriatrics to a squad of teenage millenial gangsters ...... hope he knows how to wear his cap backwards ...... and rap his instructions ..

PSS ... @Ryan .... you love stats ... what's the average age of that squad ???

Last edited:
Both our wingers will be hopoate's in 2019 @;)

Heard similar from a source as well, maybe not this year but pushing real hard for the one after, personally I like the idea which could replicate the Morris situation for a few years.

Think the logic here is that the club is prepared to loose AFB in a swap for 2 Dogs players at no cost / change to our salary cap? Fixes our pedestrian speed wingers issue, and possibly dare I say it a quality 5/8 replacement if required. Not a fan of the switch for Foran.

I can't see Jorge appearing regularly in a DES team list either. I expect he could go up a gear or 6 if gets moved on. He needs a change. Sometimes a change is actually best for both parties.
I think Des is the change that not only Jorge needs but also every other player in the team . Our team was wooden spoon material and Des is the change they need[/QUOTE]

My mail is that Jorge's future is that of a Bench forward running the edges, or will be before halfway in season. On of Des's fav things to do, having big wingers migrate to forward pack for their last 2 seasons.

I think Des is the change that not only Jorge needs but also every other player in the team . Our team was wooden spoon material and Des is the change they need

My mail is that Jorge's future is that of a Bench forward running the edges, or will be before halfway in season. On of Des's fav things to do, having big wingers migrate to forward pack for their last 2 seasons.[/QUOTE]
Not all big wingers make big match edge forwards and IMO Jorge is one of them .

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8