Top 29 Squad 2019

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Sometimes, it only takes one! Just one more!
I am excited to see Albert Hopoate get a shot at first grade. That highlight video earlier in the thread is great.
With Turbo on Origin, injuries etc he has great potential.
We won a grand final in 2011 with Will on the wing, could Albert play on the wing?
He has the speed and skill to be equally at home at centre ,wing and fullback . Just like his brother Wil

Two more things. I won't say anything else about it because people are defending Taufua like he's the second coming of Radradra, and will get the ****s.

Secondly, how good is it to be debating actual football again, rather than people and politics! So refreshing.

I can't see Jorge appearing regularly in a DES team list either. I expect he could go up a gear or 6 if gets moved on. He needs a change. Sometimes a change is actually best for both parties.[/QUOTE]
I think Des is the change that not only Jorge needs but also every other player in the team . Our team was wooden spoon material and Des is the change they need

It's an interesting move by the club. Publishing your top 24 doesn't even have to be made public, let alone the top 29. All they have to do is submit the details to the NRL.

And to do it the day before the Nov 1 trade opening is an interesting move.

Wonder what the motives are? Hands Off! Maybe?

Regardless I like it. Shows supporters where we are headed and shows other clubs who we intend on keeping.

Looks like all clubs do need to make them public for the coming season (top 24 at least) so just getting in early I guess!

All sixteen clubs' #NRL squads for 2019 will be revealed officially by @NRLcom on Friday.
Each club will need to put forward a minimum 24 player squad.

Fainu for the utility. He is young, and a solid hooker. Api can always cover the halves if one of them goes down mid game.

Hodko was a baz signing and is past it. If we are building a squad for the future, fainu it is.

The winger spot is a big unknown. I'm thinking Des will potentially run with Suli or Parker given their FG experience (Elliot also an option given his 40 off games). But going forward young hoppa might be in the pipeline.

Fainu is an ex halfback ..... he would most likely cover half rather than Api .....

Joel Thompson was added very late last year!!

The difference to that is they have named their top 29 ( 30 is added mid year), so unless it’s a player swap what we have is what we have.

I had really hoped for maybe another experienced forward and an experienced winger.

But looks as though it’s Parker / Tafua again as Anderson is only in the development squad.

I’m a fraction underwhelmed but hope with a new coaching team they might be able to pull some miracles out.

Out of that squad I would say Jorge, Suli, Parker, Garrick, Elliott and Kioa are all possible wingers ....

and PSS ... Suli is quicker than many believe ....

Last edited:
Out of that squad I would say Jorge, Suli, Parker, Garrick and Kioa are all possible wingers ....

and PSS ... Suli is quicker than many believe ....
Once he loses the weight he will pick up some pace . I feel hopeful for every player to improve under our new culture .

How old is young Hoppa now?

Isn't there a minimum age to be able to make your first grade debut?

If it's a race to the buffet, I might agree.

When he joined us aftr the start of the season he was reportedly and looked about 120kg's .... by the end of the season he was about 106kg's and looking fitter .... most of his runs were power runs .... but in one of the last games he made a break and showed plenty of toe .....

This fat business ... unless he has regressed over the break ..... is just perptuating another Silvertails myth .... he is more than fast enough ....

When he joined us aftr the start of the season he was reportedly and looked about 120kg's .... by the end of the season he was about 106kg's and looking fitter .... most of his runs were power runs .... but in one of the last games he made a break and showed plenty of toe .....

This fat business ... unless he has regressed over the break ..... is just perptuating another Silvertails myth .... he is more than fast enough ....

Agreed. I remember his debut for the Tigers - he showed plenty of pace in setting up & scoring a try from the wing.

When he came to us he was depressed & unmotivated - with nearly a full season under his belt plus offseason training under Des & Don I reckon he'll start next season looking as lean as he was at Wests.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
9 4 5 -16 8