Top 29 Squad 2019

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Was that the booster seat option .... or the sausage roll warmer ...??? ....:rofl:
Funny you say, but last season I thought I'd be clever thinking I'll go the absolute front of the stand, but being a short arse, every 2 seconds, someone would walk past, obscure my view, and sometimes stop.

This season, I got a seat as close to the back as possible. Right out of sweeping rain range too.

I only went to 2 of 10 games or something , but I was so frustrated with the state of affairs.

I wouldn't care if there was 17 Jye Mullanes in the team. If they loved the joint, put in 110% , but still lost I'd still be happy and enjoy it.

Just feel these days, the pride and humility in wearing our historic jersey has escaped this generation of players.

The Steve Menzies, Nathan Hindmarsh, Darren Lockyer types are a dying breed unfortunately. This is what the game needs back, and a reason I personally believe the games dying.

Manase or Suli were development players.
If no one can fill that position, then they can play NRL

For this year that is not 100% correct - both were development players but had to be upgraded into the top 30 prior to NRL - Suli was delayed a week for this to occur.

Development players can only be used if there are no options in the top 30. Brown and Hastings were considered hookers hence why Fainu had to be upgraded

I think we are a little light on in the forwards. We've added garrick Elliott hoppa and kioa plus funa is a chance this yr...we only lost uate and j.wright, i think these young guns can and will compete for our wing spots, plenty of speed although inexperienced.
Our forwards however look maybe a prop short. Thoughts?

we lost 3 wrights in the back from 18

My mail is that Jorge's future is that of a Bench forward running the edges, or will be before halfway in season. On of Des's fav things to do, having big wingers migrate to forward pack for their last 2 seasons.
Not all big wingers make big match edge forwards and IMO Jorge is one of them .[/QUOTE]

I'm 50/50 on it myself Bozo, but just on the basis that history is repeating itself at Manly, why wouldn't this be a real discussion point? Des has done it before.

Not all big wingers make big match edge forwards and IMO Jorge is one of them .

I'm 50/50 on it myself Bozo, but just on the basis that history is repeating itself at Manly, why wouldn't this be a real discussion point? Des has done it before.[/QUOTE]
Anything is possible mate and you could be right .

My mail is that Jorge's future is that of a Bench forward running the edges, or will be before halfway in season. On of Des's fav things to do, having big wingers migrate to forward pack for their last 2 seasons.

Well let's hope Des helps Jorge develops a passing game and offload, cause if not, he'll be one dimensional and opposition defences would shut it down easily.

Well let's hope Des helps Jorge develops a passing game and offload, cause if not, he'll be one dimensional and opposition defences would shut it down easily.
If they can train a monkey to travel into space then anything is possible for all of us of learning new skills
images.jpg

I have no mail .... but all the backs that made the transition to running forwards generally had one thing going for them .... they were smart footballers with skills ...... Jorge ain't one of them ..... he is too small .... he lacks the defensive nous and tackling style ...... and has no hands to speak of ..... and with the speed of the modern game dopey and slow reacting forwards get their pants pulled down ..

Can't see it happening ... and can't see it working all that well if it does ...... but stranger things have happened

and PSS the game moved away from big bopper "impact" replacement forwards 5 years ago ... with the reduced interchange rotation forwards not only have to lift flagging momentum but be the complete package in attack and defense ...

they were smart footballers with skills ...... Jorge ain't one of them ..... he is too small.

Correct and the majority were 6 footers, Jorge is a manlet compared to those that were successful in the transition .

On of Des's fav things to do, having big wingers migrate to forward pack for their last 2 seasons.

Give us some examples?

I thought of T Rex but he doesn't qualify, he was only 22 when he made his inevitable transition to the forwards, so by far the bulk of his career has been as a forward. So that's not moving a big winger to the forwards for his last 2 seasons.
The only other one I could think of was Paul Stephenson but pretty sure Manly used him as a back and he only became a forward after going to the Sharks.
I thought Supreme must be talking about Des's time at the Dogs which I didn't follow very closely?

One of the most noticeable features about the listed line ups is the relative youth of the squads . Maybe a slight downside with some relative inexperience but from a cap managing and ability rated aspect , seems to be plenty of upside and positivity . Also noticeable is that the majority of the currently contracted players are just on one year deals , maybe the club "s intention here to try to get the best out the players in this category and then see how it goes from there . Still heaps of potential and ability in the younger brigade however and this should provide much to look forward to in what they should be able to produce to lift the club next season .

I'm 6 foot and on meeting Jorge a few years ago, he was about 1-2 inches taller and probably 100kgs. He might look "small" on the field but he's a big human being!!
IMO Jorge's issues are that he turns like the titanic, can't or won't jump and races inside in defense far too often. I do however believe he is a confidence player and if he can regain his confidence he can regain his mojo. When given opportunities Jorge is a great finisher.

One of the most noticeable features about the listed line ups is the relative youth of the squads . Maybe a slight downside with some relative inexperience but from a cap managing and ability rated aspect , seems to be plenty of upside and positivity . Also noticeable is that the majority of the currently contracted players are just on one year deals , maybe the club "s intention here to try to get the best out the players in this category and then see how it goes from there . Still heaps of potential and ability in the younger brigade however and this should provide much to look forward to in what they should be able to produce to lift the club next season .

Having the least experienced squad this year hurt us, we lost 8 games by 6 points or less and won 1 game.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10