Top 29 Squad 2019

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Also looks like most of the western Sydney car poolers made the squad. Wasn’t this one of Des’s mantras as per P Peters article. Maybe they are all moving closer to home?
Share house in warriewood valley, those were the days

As long as we progress from Suli / Parker / Taufua in the centres or on the wing, I'm happy. The game has moved passed these types out wide.

You need pace (none of them have that)
You need finishing (none of them have that)
You need to be good under a high ball (yep)
You need to be able to run in a long range try
You need to be really smart in defense

Can they make metres out of dummy half? That's great, but so could Api or our forwards.
YART

As long as we progress from Suli / Parker / Taufua in the centres or on the wing, I'm happy. The game has moved passed these types out wide.

You need pace (none of them have that)
You need finishing (none of them have that)
You need to be good under a high ball (yep)
You need to be able to run in a long range try
You need to be really smart in defense

Can they make metres out of dummy half? That's great, but so could Api or our forwards.
Taufua can’t finish tries!?! 72 tries from 125 NRL games tells me he can & does.

Taufua can’t finish tries!?! 72 tries from 125 NRL games tells me he can & does.

If you think he's anywhere near the player he was , then I don't even know. May as well pay Jared Hayne 1.5M a year because he used to be great 5 years ago as well.

Question. How many line breaks, long range tries, and tries at all did he score this past season?

Considering his crapping the bed, you'd think his off season would be balls to the wall, wouldn't you.

If people are writing off Parker, Taufua has to be in the same boat.

His errors almost every single game gifting the opposition possession, and him standing up, looking dosile and shaking his head, walking back into position with head and shoulders slumped is over.

Last edited:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. XXXXXXXXX
03. Brian Kelly
04. Dylan Walker
05. Jade Anderson
06. Kane Elgey
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Marty Taupau
09. Apisai Koroisou
10. Addin Fonua-Blake
11. Joel Thompson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Manase Fainu OR Trent Hodkinson
15. Kelepi Tanginoa
16. Taniela Paseka
17. Corey Waddell

Can this squad be changed with new signings? If so, what is the point in the naming of the squad? Just aksing....

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. XXXXXXXXX
03. Brian Kelly
04. Dylan Walker
05. Jade Anderson
06. Kane Elgey
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Marty Taupau
09. Apisai Koroisou
10. Addin Fonua-Blake
11. Joel Thompson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

15. Kelepi Tanginoa
16. Taniela Paseka
17. Corey Waddell
Isn't Jade Anderson only named a development player, and therefore won't be playing?

Can this squad be changed with new signings? If so, what is the point in the naming of the squad? Just aksing....

Yes I believe the list released is not an NRL requirement or binding, but we will see who out of the 29 will be named tomorrow as our Top 24. Des's choices will be interesting.

The Top 24 will be a part of our Top 30 for 2019. There will be 5 playing spots still available before the season starts and those players may come from the Top 34 list, outside it or new signings.

There will then be 5 players to be added in the first week of march, then 1 more before june 30.

Jade may well be a part of the Top 24 named tomorrow, added to our top 29 later or even our Top 30

I hope he and Amone are.

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. XXXXXXXXX
03. Brian Kelly
04. Dylan Walker
05. Jade Anderson
06. Kane Elgey
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Marty Taupau
09. Apisai Koroisou
10. Addin Fonua-Blake
11. Joel Thompson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

15. Kelepi Tanginoa
16. Taniela Paseka
17. Corey Waddell
It's just good to see Walker not at no 6 but where he should be.
Even with injuries he shouldn't be there...

Last edited:
Yes I believe the list released is not an NRL requirement or binding, but we will see who out of the 29 will be named tomorrow as our Top 24. Des's choices will be interesting.

The Top 24 will be a part of our Top 30 for 2019. There will be 5 playing spots still available before the season starts and those players may come from the Top 34 list, outside it or new signings.

There will then be 5 players to be added in the first week of march, then 1 more before june 30.

Jade may well be a part of the Top 24 named tomorrow, added to our top 29 later or even our Top 30

I hope he and Amone are.
Yep, there will be some horse trading and changes. Crusher and Des would be onto this.
As well as the NRL Players off contract and swapping around, there is also Super League

If you think he's anywhere near the player he was , then I don't even know. May as well pay Jared Hayne 1.5M a year because he used to be great 5 years ago as well.

Question. How many line breaks, long range tries, and tries at all did he score this past season?

Considering his crapping the bed, you'd think his off season would be balls to the wall, wouldn't you.

If people are writing off Parker, Taufua has to be in the same boat.

His errors almost every single game gifting the opposition possession, and him standing up, looking dosile and shaking his head, walking back into position with head and shoulders slumped is over.
Could have been a reflection of the 2018 manly team. May be a different beast this year

Th coaching squad will be announced in next few days so watch this space, not sure whether Hoss has left. Last I heard he was in / unless something has changed recently
I believe Des wouldn't want any of Barrett's entourage around the joint.

Yep, there will be some horse trading and changes. Crusher and Des would be onto this.
As well as the NRL Players off contract and swapping around, there is also Super League

Maybe!!

I have a feeling though what we are seeing is what we’ll have.

No surprises really and I thought we might have at least one!!

Maybe!!

I have a feeling though what we are seeing is what we’ll have.

No surprises really and I thought we might have at least one!!
Sometimes, it only takes one! Just one more!
I am excited to see Albert Hopoate get a shot at first grade. That highlight video earlier in the thread is great.
With Turbo on Origin, injuries etc he has great potential.
We won a grand final in 2011 with Will on the wing, could Albert play on the wing?

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. XXXXXXXXX
03. Brian Kelly
04. Dylan Walker
05. Jade Anderson
06. Kane Elgey
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Marty Taupau
09. Apisai Koroisou
10. Addin Fonua-Blake
11. Joel Thompson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

15. Kelepi Tanginoa
16. Taniela Paseka
17. Corey Waddell

Fainu for the utility. He is young, and a solid hooker. Api can always cover the halves if one of them goes down mid game.

Hodko was a baz signing and is past it. If we are building a squad for the future, fainu it is.

The winger spot is a big unknown. I'm thinking Des will potentially run with Suli or Parker given their FG experience (Elliot also an option given his 40 off games). But going forward young hoppa might be in the pipeline.

Sometimes, it only takes one! Just one more!
I am excited to see Albert Hopoate get a shot at first grade. That highlight video earlier in the thread is great.
With Turbo on Origin, injuries etc he has great potential.
We won a grand final in 2011 with Will on the wing, could Albert play on the wing?

Joel Thompson was added very late last year!!

The difference to that is they have named their top 29 ( 30 is added mid year), so unless it’s a player swap what we have is what we have.

I had really hoped for maybe another experienced forward and an experienced winger.

But looks as though it’s Parker / Tafua again as Anderson is only in the development squad.

I’m a fraction underwhelmed but hope with a new coaching team they might be able to pull some miracles out.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8