Tooves gone from 2016

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
You are entitled to your opinion, but please show a bit of respect to Toovey, to use that name you used is a real insult to a club legend. We can agree to disagree on the decision but it is not on to do that to an icon of our club.

Nah, us midgets take it as a badge of honor mate :) Vertically challenged is a preference ;)

Fair enough. But as we debate this, Fox News have picked up the boards comments, and are making it a huge thing now.

People happy now?

The mainstream media will always make a big thing of it. That's what they do.
At least the FC is standing with the supporters.

You could also say they're like the opposition in politics. There to side with the majority if those in power do something unpopular. And to add support if they agree.

• 🤝
Reactions: Rex
Now that Tooves has been moved on, any chance of the club coming out and officially announcing some ****ing signings that have been known for the past few months, just like Geoff's demise.

I heard a whisper Matty Orford signed with us in 2006. Announcement to be made imminently ;)

The mainstream media will always make a big thing of it. That's what they do.
At least the FC is standing with the supporters.

You could also say they're like the opposition in politics. There to side with the majority if those in power do something unpopular. And to add support if they agree.

Nah, fair enough mate - understand what your saying. Again though, I haven't said if I agree or disagree with the article - I just don't think the way they handled the release of it was ideal for our club right now.

We are supposed to be that well oiled 2015 Subaru WRX kicking everyone ELSES arses :)

Lol you sound like a Bulldogs supporter, sorry that was below the belt :)

Bastard ;) I get that a lot tbh. Then again, I bought mine because it DOESN'T look to woggy (if I'm allowed to say that???). My pride and joy ! I should have asked for a maroon coloured one - I know !!!!

11138515_10205490481075488_2352724492456926014_n.jpg

So let me get this right - you want "our club" the be wrung through the media with this board statement as Fox just did in Fox Sports News? Yes or no?
Absolutely YES. There are obviously two sides to this. You either support the decision to sack Toovey and therefore want everyone else to toe the line and show a united, "stronger together" front. While the other side is outraged and not under some bullsh*t illusion that we are a big happy family.

Completely disagree. You think this would happen in say The Banking Industry? The CEO makes a decision, and the nuffies come out and completely undermine it? It's unprofessional @Duff plain and simple mate.

The club right now doesn't need this. It needs stability now that the decision is made. If they had issue with this, call The Penn's out behind closed doors or raise it with them on behalf of Manly-Warringah Rugby League Football Club Board.

Don't undermine, and air all the laundry in public - PLEASE.

The way that the clowns in charge destabilised Tooves through the media this year and other things they did was disgraceful and way more unprofessional and destabilising than an email in support of Tooves by the Football Club. I am a member of Football club and I support the stance and the email.

The people currently in charge of the joint aren't Manly and this is not the same club I have loved for 45 years.

Think what you want Ryan. I feel sad and angry that Tooves is gone and in no way think that Trent "Zoolander" Barrett will be able to hold a candle to Tooves in keeping the Manly culture alive. I actually don't know what our culture is under the current management.

I agree to disagree with you on this.

Fox reporting 2V to front the media tomorrow morning , it will be all class for sure.

And no doubt NRL360 on Wednesday night will be interesting as well.

My assumption is it's a total change to the Footy staff, Dave Warwick not mentioned but sure to be shafted , Steve Gigg ( who is a real pro) probably, trainers ( so Donny sayonara).

All are a part of the 2V era, some go back to the Hasler days, I imagine all will be shafted!!

So let's not only think of Tooves, there's probably another 10-12 on their way as well.

100% agree with what your saying mate, but doesn't this article released right now after the decision go against what your suggesting we should do?

That's all I'm saying. The sentiment may be right, may be wrong - but boy, it's not what the fans, members, outgoing coach, incoming coach, the staff, The Penns, the Board need right now. I'm more than happy for Vidmar to stand in front of Penn pointing his finger at him in an office at Brookvale telling him why he is wrong about business.

But please, does it have to be done publicly? Surely people get what I'm saying here - I'm wanting a stable, healthy, working club....that's all.

Ryan the only thing that has been consistent about our club is people (from all sides) putting their own agendas ahead of what is good for the club.

Bastard ;) I get that a lot tbh. Then again, I bought mine because it DOESN'T look to woggy (if I'm allowed to say that???). My pride and joy ! I should have asked for a maroon coloured one - I know !!!!

11138515_10205490481075488_2352724492456926014_n.jpg

Pffft. Non STI. Lame

Well see, that was just nasty.

I heard someone's 4 year old daughter barely able to speak say that once at a party.

You have kids around that age, mate?
Mate, truth hurts? Why are you always letting people know what you do? You are the only person on ST that I know what they do? You are often banging on about it. I really couldn't give a ****. Do you have an inferiority complex or something?

Maybe as "banker" that is why you support the shafting of a club legend because that is what you ****s do every day to ordinary Aussies.

Mate, truth hurts? Why are you always letting people what you do? You are the only person on ST that I know what they do? You are often banging on about it. I really couldn't give a ****. Do you have an inferiority complex or something?

Maybe as "banker" that is why you support the shafting of a club legend because that is what you ****s do every day to ordinary Aussies.

Eeergh, off and raging - AGAIN (siiigh).

Might shock you to realise, but before the likes of you joined the forums, and when the site was created, it was done by a very close knit group of mates (many, many years ago) who all knew each other and attended games together. We shared a beer or wine, and had a laugh.

Basically, we all had nothing to hide, because aggressive, abusive people weren't around like you, and we were able to debate a topic respectfully. I don't have to hide behind a fake name, or keep secrets.

Now, you've crawled in 4-5 months ago, ripping people left, right and centre, call people wankers, and basically lacking the capacity to have a healthy discussion (like many others have done in this thread above you) - who have the capacity to agree to disagree.

For that reason, you aren't in the "ordinary Aussies demographic" that your attempting to claim yourself as. You aren't laid back, nor can you have a chat about an emotional topic about Toovey without making it personal. Your angry, aggressive, disrespectful and abusive, and I've learnt that in all but 4 months.

So go ahead, rage a little more - I'm waiting for your anger filled, lack of respect reply. Don't call people wankers, or rip them like you have here, and not expect a reply.

Honestly, where has the art of conversation gone today?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8