Tooves gone from 2016

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think the football club are a lot closer to what the fans and members are thinking than Penn and his cronies could ever hope to be!

Maybe so, but the avenue taken to advertise such was apaulling. Watch this article make the news, and further fuel the club in crisis line. Eeergh.

Maybe so, but the avenue taken to advertise such was apaulling. Watch this article make the news, and further fuel the club in crisis line. Eeergh.
They have every right to support a life member and that as everyone knows has been shafted for political reasons as much as performance ones.

The inferno that we have seen this year has been fuelled exclusively by the Penn camp, that there is no doubt!

Now it is imperative that this change has been made to our team coach that from now on the dysfunction stops and leaks as well from the Penn team!

I have no issue with them supporting Geoff's career at Manly; however, I agree that the focus should be more about how much of a Manly legend he is, and how they wish him all the best into the future rather than suggesting he should never have been sacked - which is obviously the inference.

Despite how poorly the club has managed this (and they really have), we need all involved to support Manly and discuss grievances behind closed doors. Parramatta show what constant divisive behaviour can bring - let's leave that to those nuffies and start building a red-hot team than can dominate the comp for another 10 years!

It's always important to send a message to those who have put themselves in positions of power that they are not unopposed, that they are not untouchable and that there are wolves waiting for them if they slip up.
So it must be done in even the safest seat in politics, so it must be done in business. Nothing is more destructive than an egotist who thinks the world supports him.
That's fine, but then get rid of the first three paragraphs in their entirety because that is just sooky word salad and write that MWRLFC personally do no endorse the removal of Geoff as coach. Here:

"It’s a sad day when an icon of our great Club - which next year celebrates its 70thyear in the competition - is told he is unwanted as the Coach despite being under contract until the end of 2016. [is it sad? Terrorist attacks are sad. Innocent kids starving to death is sad. If this saddens you need to have a look at yourself. It sucks but it is also part and parcel of coaching]

It is bewildering [really...?] to anyone who follows the game that a Coach who during his tenure has taken his team to every final, including a Grand Final, and currently sits just two wins outside the top eight should be treated in this manner [again, really? The politics that lead to this media release are the exact same machinations that had Tooves on the outs. How about some introspection MWRLFC].

His position as Coach was undermined even before the Season began [so ark up then] and continued relentlessly throughout the entire 2015 season [I think they were putting out other fires during the season and this only re-emerged post DCE resigning]. He has not been treated with the respect he has earned and deserves. [Again, what did they want to the club to do? They deemed his position untenable and paid him out his full entitlement - better than what a lot of coaches get when they get the arse]"

Last edited:
They have every right to support a life member and that as everyone knows has been shafted for political reasons as much as performance ones.

The inferno that we have seen this year has been fuelled exclusively by the Penn camp, that there is no doubt!

Now it is imperative that this change has been made to our team coach that from now on the dysfunction stops and leaks as well from the Penn team!

100% agree with what your saying mate, but doesn't this article released right now after the decision go against what your suggesting we should do?

That's all I'm saying. The sentiment may be right, may be wrong - but boy, it's not what the fans, members, outgoing coach, incoming coach, the staff, The Penns, the Board need right now. I'm more than happy for Vidmar to stand in front of Penn pointing his finger at him in an office at Brookvale telling him why he is wrong about business.

But please, does it have to be done publicly? Surely people get what I'm saying here - I'm wanting a stable, healthy, working club....that's all.

Another chapter closes in Manly Folklore
All in the week we receive our loyalty pins
Its disappointing that it ends this way for Toov's but he wasn't the first and won't be the last club legend to feel this ,
I still remember Fatty saying when he left the office with tears welling in his eyes that his Manly career was over
Toov's achieved a lot in his 1st grade coaching more than a lot of others will
Thanks Toov's
I hope tooves got his 30 year loyalty pin on the mail this week

What a scummy, poor timed, inflaming, adding to the destabilising environment article. This is why those on the board need to all be moved on as soon as possible.

What do they hope to achieve with this? What's their plan?

Idiots.

@Mals explain why if you disagree. Read my last comment above this in this thread, and with that in mind, explain the benefit to the culture & atmosphere that article provided the club.

Looking forward to your list of actual benefits it all brings - or do you dislike, just "because?"

100% agree with what your saying mate, but doesn't this article released right now after the decision go against what your suggesting we should do?

That's all I'm saying. The sentiment may be right, may be wrong - but boy, it's not what the fans, members, outgoing coach, incoming coach, the staff, The Penns, the Board need right now. I'm more than happy for Vidmar to stand in front of Penn pointing his finger at him in an office at Brookvale telling him why he is wrong about business.

But please, does it have to be done publicly? Surely people get what I'm saying here - I'm wanting a stable, healthy, working club....that's all.
In a perfect world we would have privacy but for far too long its been played out in public, it started with Haslers departure and we have been a dysfunctional rabble at board level since, we have been fortunate to have a great playing group that has hidden all this.

Today of all days is when people are going to vent because what has happened is a significant announcement about the club moving forward.

I just hope that once the dust settles we will have a club that gets on with business and keeps its internal affairs in check and does not play things out in the media.

It has been magnified this year by all the controversy, as fans we have had precious little to cheer about and we have had a diet of serial negativity from the club and drip fed to elements of the media who despise us, That has to STOP moving forward.

As I have said on numerous occasions , the war has been won.

I don't like " the victory dance" but it's time for healing.

We all need to take a deep breath, and move on, it's time to worry more about the on field performances and less about the politics which we obviously cannot control.

We can feel grief, be unhappy with the process , shake our heads at how it could happen BUT we can't change anything that has transpired these last 12 months.

We have a spoon to avoid, some games left to hopefully win, a great coach to farewell in style at the last home game and 2016 is a new start.

I'm not a fan of a " non Manly coach " but before we bag the crap out of TB let's see what he can offer.

My Panthers mad son in law said their fans and players were gutted to lose him, so maybe he does have the goods.

We all need to take a deep breath, and move on, it's time to worry more about the on field performances and less about the politics which we obviously cannot control.

We can feel grief, be unhappy with the process , shake our heads at how it could happen BUT we can't change anything that has transpired these last 12 months.

We have a spoon to avoid, some games left to hopefully win, a great coach to farewell in style at the last home game and 2016 is a new start.

I'm not a fan of a " non Manly coach " but before we bag the crap out of TB let's see what he can offer.

My Panthers mad son in law said their fans and players were gutted to lose him, so maybe he does have the goods.
Very well said Mark.

Very sad day indeed for the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles - I will be 'unfriending' them on their facebook. Thanks Tooves for all your blood, sweat and tears.
I'm just telling them they're not getting my money every time they post. Only joy I have really.

In a perfect world we would have privacy but for far too long its been played out in public, it started with Haslers departure and we have been a dysfunctional rabble at board level since, we have been fortunate to have a great playing group that has hidden all this.

Today of all days is when people are going to vent because what has happened is a significant announcement about the club moving forward.

I just hope that once the dust settles we will have a club that gets on with business and keeps its internal affairs in check and does not play things out in the media.

It has been magnified this year by all the controversy, as fans we have had precious little to cheer about and we have had a diet of serial negativity from the club and drip fed to elements of the media who despise us, That has to STOP moving forward.

Great post mate - couldn't agree more.

Yup, and I posted articles quoting Panthers players suggesting his affinity with the players, and is the brains behind change and innovation.

Also as far as the MWRLFC goes, if they think the undermining of Tooves has been a constant this year, where was their impassioned defence of him when we were coming last?

Also as far as the MWRLFC goes, if they think the undermining of Tooves has been a constant this year, where was their impassioned defence of him when we were coming last?

Hopefully being done behind closed doors like it should always be ;)

uIZEByWoD8veNELuB41H47U17ipCBnPyrziPoYCOOKXiUE3fpCFjzlqXlu5gCw4lmz6gUxABGzkMqld6Cg1QPQZqD8n4j2IsALUD1rvH-Wv2Gc_WH4ZL7OQ7r7_ovuOA_flCjOaczs59=s0-d-e1-ft

Manly-Warringah Rugby League Football Club Board

Statement on Geoff Toovey

It’s a sad day when an icon of our great Club - which next year celebrates its 70thyear in the competition - is told he is unwanted as the Coach despite being under contract until the end of 2016.

It is bewildering to anyone who follows the game that a Coach who during his tenure has taken his team to every final, including a Grand Final, and currently sits just two wins outside the top eight should be treated in this manner.

His position as Coach was undermined even before the Season began and continued relentlessly throughout the entire 2015 season. He has not been treated with the respect he has earned and deserves.

Geoff Toovey is a Life Member of the Manly-Warringah Rugby League Football Club.

His service and loyalty to our Club, including his time as Coach, speaks for itself.

As a player:

• · 286 first grade games, 1988-2001
  • · Club Captain, 1993-2001
  • · Clive Churchill medal winner, 1996
  • · Australian Captain, 1996
  • · NSW State of Origin representative, 1990-2000
As Coach:

• · 2012 – Preliminary Final
  • · 2013 – Grand Final
  • · 2014 – Semi Final
Despite today’s announcement, Geoff Toovey will always remain an icon of our Club.

Your board members:

Bob Stevenson

Bob Reilly

Cliff Lyons

Mal Cochrane

Darrell Williams

Chris Jones

Steve Sapsford

GO MANLY!

How much money these nuffies putting into the team these day's? nothing lucky to have 2 seats on the board people who actually pay the bills make the decisions and I'm loving it. The great part about it is Arko and Bozo both agree the midget had to go if it is good enough for these two legends it is good enough for me.

How much money these nuffies putting into the team these day's? nothing lucky to have 2 seats on the board people who actually pay the bills make the decisions and I'm loving it. The great part about it is Arko and Bozo both agree the midget had to go if it is good enough for these two legends it is good enough for me.
Dude you don't have to be pissy at the other end of the scale. Like Mark said, the battle is over, one side has won, let's just move onwards and upwards...

Completely disagree. You think this would happen in say The Banking Industry? The CEO makes a decision, and the nuffies come out and completely undermine it? It's unprofessional @Duff plain and simple mate.

The club right now doesn't need this. It needs stability now that the decision is made. If they had issue with this, call The Penn's out behind closed doors or raise it with them on behalf of Manly-Warringah Rugby League Football Club Board.

Don't undermine, and air all the laundry in public - PLEASE.

No, it wouldn't happen in the banking industry. The "nuffies" are paid employees. Paid by those in power to do the work that those in power decide needs to be done.
The FC are not paid employees. They are not there to "do thy masters bidding" or look elsewhere for work. They are there to be a watchdog, guarding the interests of the fans.
They are there to be the ACCC. They are there to be media watch. They are there to be choice magazine.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4