Tooves gone from 2016

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hmmm. The ole results driven business.

If we are in the same position next year, we will be looking for a new coach.

Perhaps Des can bring Tooves back on staff?
I like that but don't think he would take the job for how his was treated.

I like that but don't think he would take the job for how his was treated.

I agree, it was a Penn driven sacking. At least Des had nothing to do with it.

Trouble is 2V is not the right coach to bring these jnrs up as his man mgt skills is what got him into trouble in the first place.
Trouble is, I am no longer positive Des is either.

Trouble is 2V is not the right coach to bring these jnrs up as his man mgt skills is what got him into trouble in the first place.
Would love to see 2V's CEO he has the experience.

Yes agree 2V's about his man management skills.

Would love to see 2V's CEO he has the experience.

Yes agree 2V's about his man management skills.

But unless Penn sells the club I can't see him coming back in any role anyway.

I doubt highly that Toovey would ever coach Manly while the Penns own the joint. 2015 was very messy from the clubs point of view in how they treated Toovey.

I do agree, we need a modern coach after Des is done to really invest in the younger players and modernise our game plan.

For now I have faith in Des as I want to see his reaction to the last 12 weeks and what he does with his selections from this week forward.

There are no more excuses, the injuries continue to pile up, we are carrying passengers and we need to give the untried players a go!

I doubt highly that Toovey would ever coach Manly while the Penns own the joint. 2015 was very messy from the clubs point of view in how they treated Toovey.

I do agree, we need a modern coach after Des is done to really invest in the younger players and modernise our game plan.

For now I have faith in Des as I want to see his reaction to the last 12 weeks and what he does with his selections from this week forward.

There are no more excuses, the injuries continue to pile up, we are carrying passengers and we need to give the untried players a go!
I to have faith in Des but the next 4 weeks will be telling.

His reaction will be telling.

Neither 2V nor Des can make our backs faster.

If we signed 2 tall speedsters on the wings, had a decent 9 who doesn't stab blokes along with a fit Tom in 2021 and still delivered this crap I would be the first outside HQ with Strone's "Sack Des" sign

... but until then there's not much a coach can do.

Neither 2V nor Des can make our backs faster.

If we signed 2 tall speedsters on the wings, had a decent 9 who doesn't stab blokes along with a fit Tom in 2021 and still delivered this crap I would be the first outside HQ with Strone's "Sack Des" sign

... but until then there's not much a coach can do.

Agree, just doesn’t have the players to excel !!

We have some good talent coming through, but they haven't been tested at the top level. Until they are tried out we cant know whether they are up to standard.

Schuster, Burbo, Titmus, Saddler, Miski, Anderson, Metcalf. We've only just recently got Funa and Hopa onto the field. Even Cust has only played 16 games. But they have to be tested and that means throwing them into the side, a little at a time, but get them out there so we know what we've got.

At the beginning of the year we were all optimistic about these kids coming through. What's happened? They haven't played so why are we suddenly seeing them as not good depth coming through. Seems they are being downgraded in their absence.

Out of sight, out of mind.
From having what most of agreed pre-season was a strong roster to statements now that we have no depth...
yet we've only seen 3/4 of the squad play.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8