Tooves gone from 2016

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mjb136

MWSE fanatic
Premium Member

Club Announcement on Geoff Toovey

The Manly Warringah Sea Eagles have met with Geoff Toovey and mutually agreed that he will remain as coach until the end of the 2015 season.

The club will honour Toovey’s contract in full until the end of the 2016 season.

Former St George-Illawarra, NSW Origin and Australian Test five-eighth Trent Barrett will be the new Sea Eagles coach for the next three years from 2016.

To read more CLICK HERE.

Regards,

Membership Team

What birthday present for me, never forget this one when the Manly Legend officially got the flick as the coach after all the speculation / rumours for 5 - 6 months.

One of the saddest days in rugby league!!!

Shame on you Penn family for treating 2V's like this.

Faceless men you and your pal Joe Kelly couldn't even have the guts to face the media to do this announcement, where you needed to be held to account for your actions.

And this is the situation I now find us in I want us to be successful again and want to get behind TB but I just can not compared to 2V's.

Last edited:
My sentiments exactly Ralphie. Tooves got us through a tough period and he probably deserved to be treated a little better. That being said, there's no point dwelling on it, what's done is done. The Penn's now have control of the club, the CEO they want and the coach they want. They've made some big waves in structuring the club the way they want it. Success must follow for it to have been worth it. Here's hoping it does.

wow did not see that coming. Very sad. Maybe Toovs not the best coach, maybe Barrett will do a better job. Maybe less injuries.

I get the feeling Toovs played this scenerio as tough as he played. Very few people/coaches could have endurered what he has over the last few months. I reckon he got the best deal for himself and was not bullied into just walking away with a few scraps.

He has always had my utmost respect and that has only increased this year.

The Penns have made their call. I personally dont agree with it as Toovey has done all he could do to function in an impossible environment.

I would like to thank Toovey for rescuing Manly in the dark days of late 2011 after we had just won a premiership which should have been a euphoric time, instead we were subjected to seeing our premiership coach abandon us. You did a great job and got us to the GF in 13 against the odds.

You are a permanent Manly legend and the true fans and members out there will always think that.

The Penn regime now owe it to themselves and everyone else connected to the club to end this terminal dysfunction and to STOP leaking our dirty linen to the anti Manly media!

My sentiments exactly Ralphie. Tooves got us through a tough period and he probably deserved to be treated a little better. That being said, there's no point dwelling on it, what's done is done. The Penn's now have control of the club, the CEO they want and the coach they want. They've made some big waves in structuring the club the way they want it. Success must follow for it to have been worth it. Here's hoping it does.
Indeed, this is probably more about internal politics than results.
I have the feeling Toovs was gone once the Penns had control of the board, they are the majority owners and I suppose they are entitled as to who they want as coach.

Toovey forever.

Toovey's aura and standing will continue to grow, Penns will continue to slide, poor form not facing questions about their decisions and backflip on Toovs deal.

Toovey is and always will be a Manly Legend. Would love to see him go out on a high for the remaining rounds by making the top 8 and show the Penn's that they have made the wrong decision.

Looks like Zorba got what he wanted....

Admin, can we please make a Toovey Mega thread please? We have around 50 threads on this topic and it's flooding tbe forum.

Cheers.

I love 2V he is a Manly immortal . Fulton is my favourite player of all time and when he left to play for the Roosters I felt sad just as I feel sad that 2V is leaving but the maroon blood and white cells in my body makes me feel happy that I am a Manly supporter for life
5e654c0f81b7acb57e3341a0c9fbc95e.jpg

So if we're paying Tooves anyway is there any reason he couldn't stay on as Barrett's assistant? Would have loved to see the little fella running the water again and organising the forwards like he used to, I think that his messages were a big part of our success, same goes for Langer at Brisbane. Georgallis and Penna are not up to scratch but I think not keeping someone with ties to the club and knowledge of club culture on staff is a grave mistake! Would have liked to see us move to the Brisbane model with Barrett coach, Cartwright and Siebold assistants and then Toovey as message runner and mentor, Johns to stay on as consultant.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7