Tooves gone from 2016

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Whatever Geoff does from here, he has left an indelible mark on the game.

This has parallels to Alan Thompson's situation in '89, with the 'great white hope' set to replace him, flagged months before. It's eerie.

I just found out how to put L'il Wayne on MY ignore list...
He is the inaugural entry!!!
Ryan, I love some of your work.
Just relax a little and allow someone to hold a contrary view... (this does not apply to L'il Wayne)
FWIW, I hold a contrary view...
we should MAINTAIN THE RAGE

Last edited:
What a scummy, poor timed, inflaming, adding to the destabilising environment article. This is why those on the board need to all be moved on as soon as possible.

What do they hope to achieve with this? What's their plan?

Idiots.[/QUOTE

mate they are entitled to their opinion
What a scummy, poor timed, inflaming, adding to the destabilising environment article. This is why those on the board need to all be moved on as soon as possible.

Idiots.

To piss you off ..and they have done it very well!

I don't agree with this decision by the club.
Go out fighting Tooves. I hope being shafted doesn't change his passion for the Manly club.
Such a great Manly man. One of my all time favourites as a player and a coach. We would have been screwed without him when De$ left.
Chin up Tooves and all the players on notice. Go hard.

On the bright side tooves is one of the boys again on mad Monday! No longer has to maintain a respectful and dignified distance from the shenanigans that will inevitably occur.

Bob O'Reilly called in to say that Penn shouldn't use the fact that Fulton has now come in and restructured the club, as Toovey was being white-anted by them long before Bozo got involved.
The ex parra balding prop??

Haven't read the whole thread, but the thing that stood out for me was how bad Joe Kelly looked trying to explain the cull. Hostages going through scripted messages, while a guy stands off screen with a gun, have looked more comfortable. I have heard the guy has been on stress leave and may therefore not be well, but if any guy in the organisation needs to be let go, its him. (if only for his own benefit).
No problem with change, but there needs to be some guarantee of improvement. From what I can see, we are letting go guys who have a proven record go, for someone who is just starting out and is going to be supported by a former coach as well as a conditioning coach from the Gold Coast. Last time I looked Dave Taylor didn't look too conditioned !
Would love to be proved wrong, but I think by Round 8-10 next year, Barrett might well be wondering what he had got himself into.

Idiots.

I don't get something. You were filthy with the club because they snubbed you when you tried to hook them up with a sponsorship deal. I take it that the Penn's were part of or were the sole group who didn't want to hear from you. We seemingly have slimy people in control now yet you seem to be feeding out of their hand. How did you end up coming around aside from having issues with our longest serving captain. The same man who has had exceptional results as player and coach?

You know what? **** em. If management are going to be underhanded about things then they should expect to cop some heat.
It's not heat though. Heat comes from someone who's influence and pressure can drive change. They are a toothless tiger in this, so it just comes across as pissy.

I don't get something. You were filthy with the club because they snubbed you when you tried to hook them up with a sponsorship deal. I take it that the Penn's were part of or were the sole group who didn't want to hear from you. We seemingly have slimy people in control now yet you seem to be feeding out of their hand. How did you end up coming around aside from having issues with our longest serving captain. The same man who has had exceptional results as player and coach?

Hey PL, I'm not saying I agree or disagree with the way Toovey was treated, or the way the board felt about it (that's another topic). I was pissed at the timing and the way the board delivered their message, in a time where fans are going to be uber emotional.

These things needs to be done in house. That's just my take. Personally, I think communication top to bottom at the club is deplorable, which is why I think the fans feel some angst.

In fact no-one has asked me what my opinion of how Toovey as treated, so it hasn't come up.

It's not heat though. Heat comes from someone who's influence and pressure can drive change. They are a toothless tiger in this, so it just comes across as pissy.

The release got under your nerve much in the same way that it would with those involved in MWSE admin, and that was the intended purpose.

G'day all,I have refrained from posting on the Toovey issue as I think its fair to say it has been inevitable since the change in ownership.Toovey is no fool and I believe he has understood the state of play every step of the way.I firstly would like to thank'"Tooves"for his tremendous service he has given the club as both a player and as a member of the coaching staff. As far as I am concerned he has only enhanced his reputation this year by the class and dignity with which he has conducted himself,something that is sadly lacking in those who have conspired to bring him down.He might be smaller in stature but he is a far bigger man than they'll ever be in my eyes.
In saying that I will still support my team and hope that Barrett is successful as our coach.
cheers mike

Another thread hijacked by the legend in his own lunchtime. Bad day for Manly, bad day for true blue believers.
We must keep punching and come out the other side. Good on ya Tooves

lets hope he picks up the Aussie coaching job. He deserves something more than our once proud club could give him.

Go Tooves
Go Manly

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10