Too Boo or not Too Boo ... Lattrell

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Is Booing Latrell okay?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
I
After watching the match last night I got to thinking: if I had the choice of any fullback in the comp who would it be. Here are my rankings. It would be interesting to view yours:
1. Turbo (obviously biased here, and that's providing he was injury free)
2. Teddy
3. Edwards (he has been amazing this season)
4. Pap smear
5. Latrene (he can certainly kick goals; 21 in a row I believe)
6. Pongy
7. Walsh
8. Kennedy
Id whack gutho in at 5.

Mitchell needs to take the angry behaviour out of his game. The best way to show that the fans are getting to you is to behave the way he does on on the field. Just let your football do the talking and stop the nonsense after scoring points and show some humility. Latrell's angry face after scoring a try is a bad look. But to his defence when interviewed on the field after the game against Penrith he spoke with humility and was impressive. If Mitchell can get his head right and fully fit he can reach the enormous potential he has at fullback.

Just let your football do the talking and stop the nonsense after scoring points and show some humility.
Yeah that must be why everyone boos the Panthers players every single time they take a hit up! Insufficient humility.
1664152983989.png

Latrell is a fantastic player who had a poor game.

Why is it everytime soneone has an off night fans have to pile on and call them crap???

Also Edwards, fantastic player but you pick him up and drop him in the Dragons side and he aint doing what he's doing now.

Latrell is a fantastic player who had a poor game.

Why is it everytime soneone has an off night fans have to pile on and call them crap???

Also Edwards, fantastic player but you pick him up and drop him in the Dragons side and he aint doing what he's doing now.

Because he is a fat lazy unfit bludger ... it was not an off night ... he stands back every game waiting for just that moment ... to produce a highlight reel super moment ...

That one play gets all the people that like shiny things orgasmic, and raving about his brilliance ...

Meanwhile his team is in a sudden death battle for a Grand final appearance ... and here is their superstar ... doing sweet fukk nothing for the whole game ..

In 80 mins he could only find 7 occasions to touch the ball ... and 5 of those he had no choice .. they kicked to him ...

The difference between him and Dylan Edwards was not ability ... it was in work ethic and effort .. Dylan made things happen ...

Give me a Tedesco, Edwards, Papenhousen, Turbo et al that actually work their arrses off any day of the week ...

Latrene's fans can keep him and coo and Marvel at his undoubted ability .. but when he was needed .... he was AWOL ...

Because he is a fat lazy unfit bludger ... it was not an off night ... he stands back every game waiting for just that moment ... to produce a highlight reel super moment ...

That one play gets all the people that like shiny things orgasmic, and raving about his brilliance ...

Meanwhile his team is in a sudden death battle for a Grand final appearance ... and here is their superstar ... doing sweet fukk nothing for the whole game ..

In 80 mins he could only find 7 occasions to touch the ball ... and 5 of those he had no choice .. they kicked to him ...

The difference between him and Dylan Edwards was not ability ... it was in work ethic and effort .. Dylan made things happen ...

Give me a Tedesco, Edwards, Papenhousen, Turbo et al that actually work their arrses off any day of the week ...

Latrene's fans can keep him and coo and Marvel at his undoubted ability .. but when he was needed .... he was AWOL ...
Fair enough, he certainly isnt a worker and can fade out of games but IMO still a great player.

2nd for fullbacks fo try assists and 1st for line break assists

Ah yes, Woodsie, there's nothing like some good old hatred.
So yes yes, let's all boo him with every touch, he didn't even play well this week.

Fair enough, he certainly isnt a worker and can fade out of games but IMO still a great player.

2nd for fullbacks fo try assists and 1st for line break assists

His talent and ability is unquestionable ...

But if I was a coach, or a team mate .... I would rather have somebody I knew was going to give 100% ... because the alternative is ... exactly what happened on Sat night ....

That is as usual a very passionate post Woodsie and passionate posts make passionate forums

I never watched the game and I take it that Lattrell had a poor finals game
But he also starred in a Grand final win for the Roosters and SOO series wins for NSW
As well as Many other Big match Dominations
We can boo him as much as we like but Big Match Players like Mitchell always bounce back

For Souths, Alex Johnstone and Cam Murray perform to a high standard each week with no histrionics. Latrell Mitchell and Cody Walker mostly seem to play 'angry' much of the time, with little (and not so little) cheap shots littering their games. Why?

They are all in the same team, under the same instructions. Latrell and Cody appear to me - and no doubt to others - to continually cross the line from 'passion' to 'grub' with little provocation. Their short fuses are both a weakness and a target; a target for smart opposition coaches to exploit. That's why they are both very good players, but will probably never be among the greats - unless they can reign in their lack of self-control.

I reckon Mitchell is a Champion player....they actually belted him in numbers early and it definitely took the wind out of him, so great tactics by Penrith.
He is not a workhorse type player, more an X factor style player.
Do I agree he should have got more involved - 100%, but game over for them till 2023 and reckon he will again be in the Top few danger players in the NRL again.
As for booing him, personally many playes I'm happy to jeer, but Mitchell is not 1 of them.....but everyone has a right if they want, it's a part of being a professional rugby league player and comes with the turf, aswell as having the crowd cheer.....how boring without a few boo's and banter.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8