Too Boo or not Too Boo ... Lattrell

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Is Booing Latrell okay?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
The media love to push that angle when it happens

But really Smitler was booed relentlessly when he was playing, noone made a big deal about it

How many people has Mitchell tried to decapitate or maim over the past three years and got away with let alone the ones he copped suspensions for like Manu

At the end of the day he is a superstar and he is also a grub. He isn't the only one either but if you bring that many eyes on screen you are going to get noticed when you take someones head off.

So he is always going to get attention and especially when he leans into it by talking himself up, almost as a defensive mechanism. He also seems emotional so if fans perceive you as a grub and think they can get under your skin you are going to cop it. I don't know how many times people gave it to Ennis at Brookvale.

Anyway if Latrell wants to be less antagonistic towards fans and less grubby, he could do it, and he'd get booed less if that's what he wanted. If he keeps leaning into it like he has been doing, he'll keep getting booed, because people love a pantomime villain

As for any comparison to Adam Goodes, no idea, I don't watch AFL
Love Latrell the footballer, tremendous talent, but have noticed some grubbiness has crept into his game of late, ala; facials, niggling at the play the balls, and usually first or second one in, in player blow-ups. Could this be why the crowd like to boo Latrell ?

I reckon Mitchell is a Champion player....they actually belted him in numbers early and it definitely took the wind out of him, so great tactics by Penrith.
He is not a workhorse type player, more an X factor style player.
Do I agree he should have got more involved - 100%, but game over for them till 2023 and reckon he will again be in the Top few danger players in the NRL again.
As for booing him, personally many playes I'm happy to jeer, but Mitchell is not 1 of them.....but everyone has a right if they want, it's a part of being a professional rugby league player and comes with the turf, aswell as having the crowd cheer.....how boring without a few boo's and banter.
If he involved himself 100% of the time he'd no doubt be rightly called a great, there's no doubt that he's gifted with the ability to be that player but he's also burdened with a low work ethic and unless he can overcome his shortcomings he's never going to be the player he's capable of becoming. Great players are constantly on the lookout for opportunities and work their arses off to achieve a result, sadly Latrell doesn't have the go in him to be that player for 80 minutes week in week out

Why is it that it seems to be (in modern times) that it is mainly first nation players that are boo'd?
I really don't know mate, personally i couldn't give a rats about nationality I'm happy to boo anyone, there's always going to be players who's interactions with the crowd bring about this reaction and Latrell is one of those players, AFB is another and they're not the only ones. Cody Walker has the ability to ruffle feathers both on and off the park too but there's also been a large number of Polynesian and white guys who have created enemies in opposition fan bases, I don't necessarily think it's restricted to first nation guys myself

Well I recall you said he was fat. I might have missed your view on whether we should boo him. But in starting the thread I thought it was kind of implicit that you wanted everyone to at least consider booing him @:D

Well I recall you said he was fat. I might have missed your view on whether we should boo him. But in starting the thread I thought it was kind of implicit that you wanted everyone to at least consider booing him @:D

No ... the question I posed was ... "is booing Latrell okay?"

NOT should we boo him ...

.Please note .... my polls (unless humorous) are designed to find out the views of my fellow Silvertails ... they are not designed to promote my own views ... the resulting discussions will always take on a life of their own ... like the numbnuts trying their hardest to find some racism to accuse the privileged Silvertails with ...

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8