Too Boo or not Too Boo ... Lattrell

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Is Booing Latrell okay?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Latrell doesn't put in the work in defence

Positioning was terrible, he wasnt even in the frame for most of Panthers tries and prone to bludging when the glory play isn't on

Smarter clubs like the Roosters kept him out of the fullback role for a reason

He isn't a workhorse but there's nothing stopping him from being one, Tom Trbojevic could just as easily involve himself as infrequently as Mitchell does and sit on his laurels knowing that he can switch it on, but ultimately if you're not winning premierships because you're leaving potential on the table then you only have yourself to blame

Mind you hes not the only player in Souths that goes missing either, Cook can get pretty exposed and fails to create when the forwards aren't rolling through the opposition but if you are going to talk the talk...

Last edited:
Why is it that it seems to be (in modern times) that it is mainly first nation players that are boo'd?

The difference between the Riff players and Trell Milk and his vermin buddies was stark on Saturday...
The only Riff player that stayed down was Spencer Leniu and he damn-near had his head taken off... I saw crushers and head highs that hurt Riff players but they sprung up and played the ball...
Trell and his cheating b*tch teammates deserve to be booed for being such lame pussies... along with Parra, Manly and all the other teams that are coached to lay down...
I hate the rorters but they and the Riff are setting the gold-standard here...

Why is it that it seems to be (in modern times) that it is mainly first nation players that are boo'd?
It's a bit of a concern! Back in the day it was Wally, or even Sir Richard Hadlee that attracted the heckles. Though even they might not have been booed, just Wallys a Wanker or Hadlees a wanker, from memory.
Not sure if that's better or worse!

• 🤝
Reactions: lsz
deserve to be booed for being such lame pussies... along with Parra, Manly and all the other teams that are coached to lay down..
One of the best (worst) is Brandon Smith, will be interesting to see if he changes his ways when Robbo explains 'the Roosters way' to him.

Or is it that it gets more media attention when it is first nations player being boo'd ?
Well i can only remember two cases of consistent recent booing and they were both first nation people

Yes players get boo'd during games but consistently? Do not see it apart from Adam Goodes and what has started to happen with Mitchell

Well i can only remember two cases of consistent recent booing and they were both first nation people

Yes players get boo'd during games but consistently? Do not see it apart from Adam Goodes and what has started to happen with Mitchell
JWH gets boo'd all the time, Reynolds use to, Wally did, Les Boyd certainly did by other teams fans, remember Hoppa going through it for a time, Enis did too and the list goes on.

It's more to do with the type of player than the race regardless of how one wants to frame it for their own agenda.

M

Matt Lodge is not indigenous... but he is probably not a direct comparison either...

Not sure Goodes and Trell Milk are a direct comparison either... Adam had opinions whereas Trell Milk is a goose that cheap shots blokes and gives it to the opposition supporters whenever he gets a chance...

JWH gets boo'd all the time, Reynolds use to, Wally did, Les Boyd certainly did by other teams fans, remember Hoppa going through it for a time, Enis did too and the list goes on.

It's more to do with the type of player than the race regardless of how one wants to frame it for their own agenda.
If you can not see the difference between how JWH is treated and Mitchell then it is not worth having this discussion

I do not think it is as sustained as what the Mitchell booing is starting to be (not at that level test thankfully)
Yeah but Trell interacts with the crowd (as in GIVES it to opposition supporters) and throws in the non-rare cheapshot, is always shoving blokes and lays down for penalties...

There MAY be racial incentive at play but then it could just be that he is generally a jerk...

Don't worry it's probably just because he's not humble the way we like our sport stars to be.
Also he plays too rough. And don't forget being fat and lazy. Or playing for penalties, tsk tsk (the way Bobby Fulton used to do, hmm)

I doubt it has anything to do with him failing to be grateful enough for how much the British Empire has done for First Nations people. Or that thing about the national anthem, or any stuff like that.

• 👍
Reactions: lsz
M
Matt Lodge is not indigenous... but he is probably not a direct comparison either...

Not sure Goodes and Trell Milk are a direct comparison either... Adam had opinions whereas Trell Milk is a goose that cheap shots blokes and gives it to the opposition supporters whenever he gets a chance...
The whole Adam G situation is one that I hope never happens again - another free pass from the AFL

If you can not see the difference between how JWH is treated and Mitchell then it is not worth having this discussion
Josh mcguire also says hello.

I love it how when you point out the facts of others being boo'd that are not indigenous but just not given the same media attention, those pushing the race card then respond with "there is a differen

Your right it isn't worth the discussion because you have your mind closed and believe it's merely first nation racism.

Josh mcguire also says hello.

I love it how when you point out the facts of others being boo'd that are not indigenous but just not given the same media attention, those pushing the race card then respond with "there is a differen

Your right it isn't worth the discussion because you have your mind closed and believe it's merely first nation racism.
You honestly think that Josh Maguire gets treated the same way as Mitchell?

As Frank Stokes put it there might be more to it as he does like to interact with the crowd a fair bit however the level of booing is far more consistent and ongoing than any other player especially someone like a McGuire

our right it isn't worth the discussion because you have your mind closed
Can I ask your view of what happened with Adam Goodes? I'll hazard a guess you think he was booed for being a bad sport and he brought it all on himself?

The whole Adam G situation is one that I hope never happens again - another free pass from the AFL
I thought the Adam G situation stank because he was generally a good bloke and it felt like he was being persecuted for calling racist supporters out...
I don't feel the same way about Trell Milk but then I disliked the bloke before booing became a media issue... bloody good footballer but generally a jerk in the way he carries on shoving blokes when plays break down...

You honestly think that Josh Maguire gets treated the same way as Mitchell?

As Frank Stokes put it there might be more to it as he does like to interact with the crowd a fair bit however the level of booing is far more consistent and ongoing than any other player especially someone like a McGuire
As i said I believe it it has more to do with the antics of the player, then as well, those that treat it like a theatre get the response good and bad.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8