Tom Wright

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
You know something.....

Thank God none of us is the Manly coach.
Mate , its a pressure cooker job .They are under more pressure than the Australian Prime Minister
untitled.png

Stormquest and James Cunningham tearing things up in the trails ???
Which trails are you talking about Fluffy. Was it their high school trials ?
Fairdinkum feathered friend

NRL trials, Manly Vs Sharks where Cunningham looked better than his opposite numbers Douglas and Stuart who were at their peaks.

NRL trials, Manly Vs Sharks where Cunningham looked better than his opposite numbers Douglas and Stuart who were at their peaks.
Cunningham never impressed me mate . But that's only just my opinion .

Sorry, on this point I dont agree with you Bozo. Kelly had some poor games, but he had some outstanding games. For a rookie, he did more in my mind than most. He scored a heap of tries and set up a heap. I really dont think we had another player in the squad who could have done as well. Many will pick Parker, but quite frankly we have yet to see how he handles first grade over a lengthy period, and he is certainly slower than Kelly, an argument that some are suggesting is Kelly's weakness. You seem to forget that the Manly centres and wingers were probably the most effective attacking backline in the comp (well in the top three try scoring three quarters). As for his defence it wasnt as good as some, but then neither was Walkers. Check their respective defence figures when playing together. Not much difference

I would back Parker over Kelly in a foot race over 40m or longer. Kelly does have good acceleration just a bit down on top speed.

I put it out there. Given walker now out for 2-4 weeks. They not chuck a kid in there, there a good chance Croker or Hastings be 6. I think you find Aku in centres with matt wright on the wing

Cunningham never impressed me mate . But that's only just my opinion .

The bloke was killing it coming through but didn't kick on. Had that great trial in 2011 where he looked the best prop out there and given he was actually playing against those 2 it showed he could have been. unfortunately through injuries and whatever else it never came to shine even in reggies.

Point being trial form means squat some times.

The bloke was killing it coming through but didn't kick on. Had that great trial in 2011 where he looked the best prop out there and given he was actually playing against those 2 it showed he could have been. unfortunately through injuries and whatever else it never came to shine even in reggies.

Point being trial form means squat some times.
True, trials can mean squat sometimes but if this guy had what it takes he would have made it . If not with us we would have made it with another club.

True, trials can mean squat sometimes but if this guy had what it takes he would have made it . If not with us we would have made it with another club.

of course but he would have made it with us if you were coach as he killed it in a trial. Reality is there is a lot more going on than a couple of trials to make the top 17

of course but he would have made it with us if you were coach as he killed it in a trial. Reality is there is a lot more going on than a couple of trials to make the top 17
Sorry mate but .....
I never saw him kill anything in any trail

I know what you are coming from . Some coaches are proactive and give the talented young blokes a go and others wrap them up in cotton wool

The trouble with throwing inexperienced players in and up against a Cameron smith or Cronk you can be exploited . Turbo found this out against the experience of those 2 mentioned last season and tom has a year or 2 behind him . Sometimes you do have to throw them in , injuries etc but a more experienced player like a M wright( not brilliant) but consistent in most cases the better option. We need to get off to a start so if dylan is out im guessing M Wright will start in the centres with kelly.

The trouble with throwing inexperienced players in and up against a Cameron smith or Cronk you can be exploited . Turbo found this out against the experience of those 2 mentioned last season and tom has a year or 2 behind him . Sometimes you do have to throw them in , injuries etc but a more experienced player like a M wright( not brilliant) but consistent in most cases the better option. We need to get off to a start so if dylan is out im guessing M Wright will start in the centres with kelly.
I prefer the astute and proactive coaches that recognize talent and instill belief and confidence in the young and talented players that they can do the job . This has happened to players as young as 18 and just out of school .
We will agree to disagree ;)

I would have had the talented and inexperienced Turbo ahead of an experienced run of the mill M Wright any day of the week .
Again we will agree to disagree . But we do agree on other things @:)

For the feathered friends that are concerned about the electrifying Tom Wright's physicality. The photo here shows a fit Wright as one of the leaders at a recent training run.
Big Tom Turbo can be seen in the photo on the far right which gives us a guide on how Tommy is filling out quite nicely . He looks strong in the hips and thighs as well as very athletic in the upper body .
img_9901.jpg

Last edited:
For the feathered friends that are concerned about the electrifying Tom Wright's physicality. The photo here shows a fit Wright as one of the leaders at a recent training run.
Big Tom Turbo can be seen in the photo on the far right which gives us a guide on how Tommy is filling out quite nicely . He looks strong in the hips and thighs as well as very athletic in the upper body .
View attachment 7300
I literally see none of the "turbo" filling out? The picture is poor at best and he is hunched over.

I literally see none of the "turbo" filling out? The picture is poor at best and he is hunched over.

Actually Tom Turbo looks solid and strong. Talking of being hunched over could apply to any player from a single photo. I guess its all a question of perception isnt it especially from one photo snapped at a moment that may not represent anything serious, other than Turbo and Wright leading the pack.

Was the photo taken at the beginning of the run, at the midway, at the finish ... was it over 20m, 40m, 100m or 400m .. a 5km ... was it the first run through, the 2nd or the 10th. ...... doesn't matter ... make up anything and the photo proves it.

View attachment 7300

Hastings and Croker up in front will DCE even make the 17?

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8