Tom Wright

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
BREAKING NEWS

Manly Sea Eagles Re-Sign Lewis Brown for 3 years.
17 January 2018

Manly CEO Lyall Gorman and coach Trent Barrett fronted the assembled media at Narrabeen this morning to announce that former New Zealand international second rower Lewis Brown has been re-signed to the Northern Beaches based club for a further 3 years.

Speaking openly, Barrett told the media that "Lewis has been an essential part of our team growth over the past two seasons and we decided to reward him for his hard work". The contract will see Brown remain a Sea Eagle until the end of the 2021 season. In a move that will surely annoy those on the Silvertails fan site, Barrett also stated that "The number 14 jumper is his as long as he wants it".
Rumours are also circulating that in light of Lewis’s unrivalled status in the game and the immense impact he has had during his tenure at the club, powerful figures are manuervuering behind the scenes to have the world renowned number 14 maroon and white jersey officially retired.

Barrett quoted on the club site today saying Tom will start the year at Blacktown. I would have thought this was obvious, but others clearly don't!
sorry ... for missing the obvious ..... I hadn't been on the club site ... so who is filling in for DW ,,,, Brad Parker, Fanua ? ... or one of the other Wrights?

I don't know! Although I would be shocked if it wasn't Matt Wright, he missed the start last year but got a chance when Jorge was injured and then held his spot all season. He was close to his team's best in the World Cup. Tough and experienced.
Particularly when we have one relatively new first grader in the other spot. Wright is definitely better than average backup. However, if Parker or Tom Wright were to explode during the trials, it may not be beyond the realms of possibility that either might earn themselves a start against the Knights.

Barrett quoted on the club site today saying Tom will start the year at Blacktown. I would have thought this was obvious, but others clearly don't!
What a stupid thing to say by Trent if he did say it at all .
Tom no matter how you go in the trials you will start the year at black town ?
That would be a great boost for Toms motivation and self confidence .
When the great Incomparable Immortal and the greatest Sea eagle of all time was coaching his motto was if your good enough your old enough , so show me what you got kid !!!
1429243964446.jpg

https://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2018/01/17/wright-in-barretts-sight/
I guess that proves it, Barrett is stupid. (If you say so)
I am not shooting the messenger . You are only posting what was said .
Many talented 21 year olds were given an opportunity at top grade and made it their own and I do think its stupid to say to a young player with talent what ever you do in the trails you will be playing for Blacktown .

There is no doubt Tom is certainly a talent. He is big, fast, has good awareness, and has blinding speed.
Trent Barrett

It would be surprising if Barrett made this type of statement and to give the impression that trial form would not be taken into account for any opportunity for Tom to press a claim for i st grade consideration . Maybe he was misinterpreted and meant something like quite possible and for extra motivation for Tom or whatever , and according to some reports , Tom has gotten bigger in the off season and has been training O K . Kelly and Parker have already had i st grade experience and obviously some reasonable credentials for initial consideration but again it would seem quite unusual for Tom 's future grade placement to be predetermined before a trial match has been even played .

I am not shooting the messenger . You are only posting what was said .
Many talented 21 year olds were given an opportunity at top grade and made it their own and I do think its stupid to say to a young player with talent what ever you do in the trails you will be playing for Blacktown .

There is no doubt Tom is certainly a talent. He is big, fast, has good awareness, and has blinding speed.
Trent Barrett
I didn't get any sense of stupidity from TB's comments?

You're old enough to use your and you're correctly... :p

Is what I'd say if @Woodsie didn't ban me from making corrections for a month.

lol

Maybe Trent is going to use him in first grade? Maybe telling 15 other coaches all 'your' plans isn't the best of ideas...???

Maybe Tom feels the pressure is off by being told he will be playing at Blacktown (nice to know you have a spot in a higher grade surely?) - And then maybe if his body is to be found up to it he'll be in first grade?

Maybe this is the way to find out if he's good enough.

Maybe
Maybe
Maybe

it's maybelline

I dunno, but I'm not not bothered with the progression plan. :)

You're old enough to use your and you're correctly... :p

Is what I'd say if @Woodsie didn't ban me from making corrections for a month.

lol

Maybe Trent is going to use him in first grade? Maybe telling 15 other coaches all 'your' plans isn't the best of ideas...???

Maybe Tom feels the pressure is off by being told he will be playing at Blacktown (nice to know you have a spot in a higher grade surely?) - And then maybe if his body is to be found up to it he'll be in first grade?

Maybe this is the way to find out if he's good enough.

Maybe
Maybe
Maybe

it's maybelline

I dunno, but I'm not not bothered with the progression plan. :)

I just found the answer to your maybe feathered friend .....

images.png

If your good enough your old enough

Will agree to disagree

There are very players who are old enough good enough etc. The far majority need time to adapt into first grade.
I wonder how you felt about Glenn Stewart when he started? He took some time to get into first grade
What about the significant amount of boom rookies who have flammed out after one or two years?

Will agree to disagree

There are very players who are old enough good enough etc. The far majority need time to adapt into first grade.
I wonder how you felt about Glenn Stewart when he started? He took some time to get into first grade
What about the significant amount of boom rookies who have flammed out after one or two years?
We will agree to disagree because unless we give them ago we will never know .

Will agree to disagree

We will agree to disagree .
What about the significant amount of boom rookies who set the NRL on fire

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6