Tom Wright: Where do you put him?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Foran played his junior football for the Ellerslie Eagles in the Auckland Rugby League and several Norths Juniors district clubs; the Asquith Magpies and the North Sydney Brothers. Foran is the younger brother of Liam Foran. In 2007, Foran represented the Australia Schoolboy rugby league team.[6] Foran played in the North Sydney Bears Harold Matthews Cup and SG Ball teams before being signed by the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles.[7] Foran played in the Sea Eagles NYC team in 2008 and 2009.
Yeah, thanks for that info BOZO but you needn't have bothered. I knew that he never played in the QLD Cup and I was just replying in a polite way to Bearfax because obviously after all the time that has passed since way back then that he was getting Foran and Hodkinson mixed up with who played for the Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles in the QLD Cup.

Yeah, thanks for that info BOZO but you needn't have bothered. I knew that he never played in the QLD Cup and I was just replying in a polite way to Bearfax because obviously after all the time that has passed since way back then that he was getting Foran and Hodkinson mixed up with who played for the Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles in the QLD Cup.

At my age Jethro, memory isnt the best so I have to fill in the spaces as best I can

Actually Tom Wright has been described by some as a fast version of Brad Fittler. He is surprisingly quick, but you dont notice it in general play because he's got two speeds, one as he seeks the opening and jinks and weaves, the other where he leaves others in his wake with quite explosive speed. Watching him, he's not much slower than Tom T and I think at least Walkers pace when he makes a break. With him and TT in the same team they have potentially the best backline in the comp.

Not keeping up with me Bozo?
I can keep up with most of your post as you make some good points . Like all of us here we all see things differently and I am one of the ones that I don't see speed and quality from some of our players .
The good thing is that we have this great forum to passionately vent as passionate Manly supporters that we all are .

Hopefully he steers our Holden Cup side to a premiership and stamps an irresistible claim on a spot in the backline, a la Gutherson at Parra this year.

With him and Kelly fighting it out for a centre position we'll have much healthier depth. And if another member of the backline gets injured he can replace them in the short term.

Enough of this debating, we just need to see his YouTube highlights reel, then we can decide.... I wonder if it will have a hip hop soundtrack?

Bit random but Silvertails is the best forum in the nrl. I haven't seen one better. Is there any real contenders? Whenever I spy on opposing teams through their forums their ones look ****.

Bit random but Silvertails is the best forum in the nrl. I haven't seen one better. Is there any real contenders? Whenever I spy on opposing teams through their forums their ones look ****.

I agree. Dan has built an amazing site. It always surprises me that the more official side of Manly don't wish to align themselves closer with such a great site, but I think they'd need it to be run in house (fair enough).

More than happy if the younger grades wanted to have more of a presence on here and of course the seabirds as well!

Enough of this debating, we just need to see his YouTube highlights reel, then we can decide.... I wonder if it will have a hip hop soundtrack?

what you haven't seen it yet ... actually there are a few
yes and with hip hop backing

Because of his skills and speed - his size and strength are often overlooked - a big lad who is still growing.
1 thing for sure.
Not just a flash in the pan, who will never makes the grade.
If Wright stays injury free he will play NRL....and if Manly want to keep him...his official career should begin in 2018.

I agree. Dan has built an amazing site. It always surprises me that the more official side of Manly don't wish to align themselves closer with such a great site, but I think they'd need it to be run in house (fair enough).

More than happy if the younger grades wanted to have more of a presence on here and of course the seabirds as well!

Especially the Seabirds

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8