Tom Trbojevic destined to be one of the greats

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
The arrogance, the preferential treatment from refs, the constant television coverage, Wayne-whinge only when it favours his team-Bennett, the brainwashed donkey fanbase who appear to have no idea what an extreme advantage they have over every other team
in the competition, topped off by the tweet boasting about taking out our man, has tilted my bronco dislike to the edge.
My inner Matai has been released and this is how I currently feel about everything broncos.
Unknown.jpeg

Stick Tom into a hyperbaric chamber and only let him out when he's cured! 1 week I reckon...!

Interview with Tom by Wayne on the members site.

• Says 6-8 weeks
  • cant remember much of the tackle, was going for the ball and landed awkwardly
  • looking forward to working with the medical staff to heal asap
  • thanks to the members wishing him well on social media.
  • ge's tipping wrap ups are the best and the players love them.

That's about it.

You know, if that had been a Manly player taking out Boyd like that on Saturday night.....Clint's old age body double would have been screaming blue murder about 'his' players not being protected and the Qld media would have marched on NRL HQ with flaming torches and pitch forks demanding the rule be changed and the players get more protection.

And whoever put the tackle on him would be facing a Grade 5 dangerous tackle charge.....a player like Marty Taupau would have had a Les Boyd like suspension heaped on him.

That last one may be a bit cynical, but considering how Manly seem to be on the wrong end of the stick from the NRL lately, its not beyond the realms of impossibility.

From memory in the past few years.......especially since Greenturd took over:
  • Manly being threatened with ongoing fines and loss of NRL competition points after we wanted to have John Hopoate as a junior coach in a competition which is not under NRL jurisdiction. Then no less than 3 months later the Eels are basically given a slap on the wrist for their Bulldogs/Storm like salary cap rorting (well, a slap compared to what they copped). Yet we hadn't actually done anything wrong and they wanted to come down on us like a tonne of bricks.
  • Tying in with doesn't-matta's rorting, the NRL allow them to force Watmough into retirement to get them under the salary cap with a bogus ruling that his injury was new, but the insurance company not being fooled puts a BIG question mark over the NRL's action. Yet Manly are forced to play 2017 with a squad of just 23 because they are dithering over the retirements of Stewart and Matai. We are also at least $1.5m down on the salary cap as a result.
  • The suspensions of AFB and Kapow for shoulder charges (which I'll admit others in the NRL have copped as well), while Sam Burgess puts on 2 blatant shoulder charges in 3 games and gets away with both. For mine that was more about Burgess being a draw for England during last weeks rep round than anything else. You know its bad when even Manly and DCE haters are saying it was bogus.

And that's just off the top of my head. There are probably more.

and there would be 10 threads on ST saying what a great tackle and how it was in the rules

I am sick and tired of the incompetent administrators of our game. They spend mega bucks on their own salaries and do zero for the game. If they don't get rid of Grant and Greenberg we will see another super league drama. The refereeing is diabologically bad and stinks, the decision letting Burgess off for the DCE shoulder charge highlights its lack of consistency and credibility, and frankly the NRL have taken the game backwards!

I am sick and tired of the incompetent administrators of our game. They spend mega bucks on their own salaries and do zero for the game. If they don't get rid of Grant and Greenberg we will see another super league drama. The refereeing is diabologically bad and stinks, the decision letting Burgess off for the DCE shoulder charge highlights its lack of consistency and credibility, and frankly the NRL have taken the game backwards!

I know I'm not the only one who feels this way, but I can't be bothered watching any games other than Manly games, State of Origin, and finals matches.

Even then I'm dreading it half the time because I'm so sure that the referees will influence the result. The amazing feeling of building success culminating in the 2008 and 2011 seasons is the only reason I've stayed invested as much as I have. The clubs are losing passion, the game has no spirit, and the whole thing feels rigged.

Here's an idea..... the guy with the whistle can tell the difference between a guy jumping to catch a ball 3 metres in the air and one rolling a long the ground. How about he decides if it's a legitimate jump...... pretty ****ing simple
The trouble with common-sense is that it's not all that common!

and there would be 10 threads on ST saying what a great tackle and how it was in the rules
I know I'm not the only one who feels this way, but I can't be bothered watching any games other than Manly games, State of Origin, and finals matches.

Even then I'm dreading it half the time because I'm so sure that the referees will influence the result. The amazing feeling of building success culminating in the 2008 and 2011 seasons is the only reason I've stayed invested as much as I have. The clubs are losing passion, the game has no spirit, and the whole thing feels rigged.
yeah like a million Friday night games and all there 7 day turn arounds.
that club along with Wayne is a joke if the refs were fair we would of creamed them. I don't think we got a penalty in the 2nd until after 70th minute and we deserved a lot. that taufua "lost ball" what the actual fuk it's a strip every day of the week yet it's called a lose carry ffs it's a joke kahu is pulling at the ball and it pops out.. strip nothing else yet.. broncos try and now they are talking up that reserve grader nikorima like he did something ffs I'm sick of the nrl and it's bull****. Over the years I have lost a lot of love for the game used to crave for origin I loved it now I want it gone or reduced to 1 game after the 2013 gf were we all had to witness the rorting of our great game by the vermin Shane Hayne that love started to disintegrate.. you know we only got 2 penalties in that game. 2. TWO ffs against the most penalized side in 2013. The next year we best them and there coach said it's impossible for a team to only concede 2 penalties in 80 minutes of play... seems the dog forgot the gf penalty count ay. In conclusion if not for my love of manly which is grand I would of sacked the nrl long ago. look at the calls so far this year every week is a load of dud calls it's beyond a joke but that tis the nrl
These sorts of incidents really are beginning to affect how I feel about the game - I totally agree with you. So sick of the favoured children in the NRL family. We all know who they are. You might as well follow the wrestling the way it's going!

So sick of trials injuring players.

So we could lose him for 3 to 4 games. At least it's now and not in rd1.

I think it's an up to six weeks scenario. 4-6 weeks.
Whatever the case hope he heals well and is not rushed back if not ready.

I think this might contribute to a slow start to the season. With a new coach and associated system we are bound to be very rusty at the start of the season. No doubt TT is going to play a big role in our offensive structure so this may delay things clicking for a bit longer as he will need to adjust and settle back into things.

Hopefully we can squeak out a few wins, but the way our squad likes to play it’s always going to be tough to start the season.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10