Tom Trbojevic destined to be one of the greats

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Licky, I mean Locky had to give it a rest.

It was having a deleterious impact on his vocal cords. You know what they say about super-skinny blokes like Wayne.

Last edited:
yeah agree and look at our situation now David mead who did nothing all game tackles Tommy mid air and now that could be our season. fuk mead the pathetic chump he never went for the ball either. The nrl are a joke those refs where a joke. did we get 1 penalty in the 2nd? they were off side most of the second half it's bukl****
I get your emotion friend. It's difficult to stay cool, calm and collected when you see such obvious unfairness ... and it's always the same story for the unlucky Eagles. I can only guess what Wayne Bennett's response or (the state of Qld) for that matter if Darius Boyd for example had been injured in the exact same way by Dylan or Jorge. They'd be screaming blue murder. And yes, those Broncos were offside throughout the second half and nothing went right for us, but that injury to poor Tom was just plain horrendous and so avoidable. Player safety has supposedly been front and centre with the NRL this year. I've seen a few Manly players lose weeks for the most innocuous of shoulder charges eg AFB during Parra game. Why wasn't the Tom incident immediately pulled up for dangerous play whether the ball bounced or not? Surely it was no different than a halfback being hit late after kicking the ball. That's a penalty every time. The rules of this game are no longer logical or reasonable ... and I really do question the common-sense of the on-field officials. And the NRL wonders why fans aren't turning up for games!

WOW, what am imbecilic response.
I can appreciate that the bounced ball scenario was never thought of when the rule was introduced but this incident shows a player can be seriously hurt when jumping for a bounced ball. So, instead of trying to justify the original decision the NRL should simply widen its definition to include all occasions when a player has jumped to catch a ball.
Talking about grubber kicks is so stupid, and insulting to our intelligence. Rules should evolve to cover unusual circumstances - such as with Tom.

Totally agree with you.

Firstly, I am absolutely disgusted with how this has been treated by the NRL. Hitting a player in the air, the way that little mongrel did on Saturday night was dangerous, no if's and buts. It is extremely fortunate Tommy did not get a far more serious injury. The rules are only implemented when they want and can be bent at wim. Reverse the scenario, lets say Kelly did that to Boyd, what would have happened? And secondly the brown paper bag donkeys are as we know just cheating scum, but they have hit a new level of trash with that tweet. Extremely poor sportsmanship and very poor taste even if it has been deleted, this crap is just unacceptable.

Getting more and more fed up by the day actually. The way the media play a part, the way NRL run the game, the manipulation, the dishonesty, the overt cheating and favouritism for some teams and players is all just getting way out of hand.

It seems it is not a game anymore, it is just an entertainment product. That can be completely manipulated for predetermined results.

Anyway back to Tommy, I am just so angry at how he was injured and the NRL can not convince me that it was anything other than dangerous and worthy of being penalised, bounce or no bounce.....!

Wish you a speedy recovery Tommy and thanks so much for your hard work, passion and what you bring to our team. Your a Manly legend in the making...!!

First we get Beuttner's pathetic excuse for the MRC not citing Sam Burgess for his off the ball shoulder charge on DCE and now we get Archer saying that the rule is to stop players fielding a grubber then jumping in the air to attract a penalty......

Is it me or has anyone else noticed that these type of BS explanations only seem to happen lately when its Manly who's been disadvantaged?

I'm as disappointed as anyone about Tom's injury, but how far are we going to take these rules in rugby league...are we going to stop short of wrapping each player in cotton wool before they run onto the field?

Seriously...

Yes, it's a shame he got injured and yes it's dangerous to tackle a guy in the air, but the ball had bounced and if we start mending the rules to prevent a player from being tackled whenever he jumps for a ball, we might as well pack everything up and go and play soccer.

He got injured and it's a tough contact sport and we move on.

No wonder, the donkeys are one of the golden children for the NRL. So their fans have very little to complain about. And they are mostly blind to how their team cheats the cap and is given completely unfair advantages in so many ways, so can not see the truth for the BS that is the NRL.
yeah like a million Friday night games and all there 7 day turn arounds.
that club along with Wayne is a joke if the refs were fair we would of creamed them. I don't think we got a penalty in the 2nd until after 70th minute and we deserved a lot. that taufua "lost ball" what the actual fuk it's a strip every day of the week yet it's called a lose carry ffs it's a joke kahu is pulling at the ball and it pops out.. strip nothing else yet.. broncos try and now they are talking up that reserve grader nikorima like he did something ffs I'm sick of the nrl and it's bull****. Over the years I have lost a lot of love for the game used to crave for origin I loved it now I want it gone or reduced to 1 game after the 2013 gf were we all had to witness the rorting of our great game by the vermin Shane Hayne that love started to disintegrate.. you know we only got 2 penalties in that game. 2. TWO ffs against the most penalized side in 2013. The next year we best them and there coach said it's impossible for a team to only concede 2 penalties in 80 minutes of play... seems the dog forgot the gf penalty count ay. In conclusion if not for my love of manly which is grand I would of sacked the nrl long ago. look at the calls so far this year every week is a load of dud calls it's beyond a joke but that tis the nrl

Got to say watching that match it was an extremely heart-sinking moment, for Manly during that match, and for Tom himself. He was truly gutted by the injury, losing his chance to debut in origin, and the time off will seriously dent his amazing stats this year as well as Manly's campaign. That tackle could have a massive impact on our season. Then to rub it in the donkeys score and it changes the whole momentum of the match.
I could hardly watch after that moment. Totally sunk. I did cheer with Manly passion after the Cherry/Thaiday moment. They did not deserve another try.
One thing, the Indigenous jersey is particularly cool. I've haven't had a jersey in a while so I've ordered one. For me it can represent Tommy T putting his body on the line for our team.
Heal well Tommy.
Go Manly!

I tell you all right now if say the great jt or cam glory boy Smith or karate kid Billy got tackled mid air like that and did and acl putting there career in jeopardy we would of heard the biggest outcry for every direction. I mean can you imagine the qld players and the crying we would have to endure. The rule would be changed before the next round begins.

Also how the fuk did burgess not get cited for his purposeful late shoulder charge on dce? this nrl is a clown factory run by the retarded I swear.

As for the bunker I would get more calls right with my foxtel hd and 5o inch Samsung whilst in my undies then those bunch of monkeys.

First we get Beuttner's pathetic excuse for the MRC not citing Sam Burgess for his off the ball shoulder charge on DCE and now we get Archer saying that the rule is to stop players fielding a grubber then jumping in the air to attract a penalty......

Is it me or has anyone else noticed that these type of BS explanations only seem to happen when its Manly who's been disadvantaged lately?

I too have noticed some major discrepancies in how we have been treated compared with other clubs/players.

Even though I am an extremely passionate Manly supporter, beyond that anyone who looks at how we have been treated can surely see their is something questionable going on. We have not be treated fairly as a team since well a long time ago. But the bias and unjust treatment seems to have considerably ramped up of late. The Matai, Stewart medical retirement money vs Watmough, Kapow/AFB shoulder charges vs Burgess and now a total BS response for the obvious dangerous hit on Tom.

And it goes further - we get penalised however the other team don't for the same thing, where is our fair share of Friday night games (which is a prime time advertising sponsorship money spinner), how about some money for our home ground etc etc.

We have so much more go against us than most teams do. And I don't know why, nor do I care why, because ultimately is not right and IMHO deserves an independent investigation.

Last edited:
I'm as disappointed as anyone about Tom's injury, but how far are we going to take these rules in rugby league...are we going to stop short of wrapping each player in cotton wool before they run onto the field?

Seriously...

Yes, it's a shame he got injured and yes it's dangerous to tackle a guy in the air, but the ball had bounced and if we start mending the rules to prevent a player from being tackled whenever he jumps for a ball, we might as well pack everything up and go and play soccer.

He got injured and it's a tough contact sport and we move on.

As someone mentioned earlier, it would be nice if players showed each other a bit of respect and didn't take the opportunity to put a cheap shot on and jeopardise an opponent's safety.

But, since they don't - then yes, the rules are how we'll have to deal with cowardly mongrel bastards knowingly attacking someone in a dangerous position.

What Mead did wasn't 'tough', it was pissweak and gutless. All the more disgusting because he has played a fair bit of fullback himself, and would be more aware than most just how defenceless you are in the position Tom was in.

That tackle could have a massive impact on our season.

And what worries me is that tackle could have a massive impact on Tommy's confidence (when he returns).

Agree @niccipops it was a momentum-killer, totally turned the game and was so heartbreaking. The look on Tommy's face said it all and I felt gutted for him.

At least his season hasn't gone....

secondly the brown paper bag donkeys are as we know just cheating scum, but they have hit a new level of trash with that tweet.

Well said @Eagleheart and I'm with you....totally incensed @:mad:

That tackle was bad enough, and then no action taken, but to gloat about it is deplorable :swear: And to think when it was twitted was probably around the same time as poor Tommy got his scans. Yep, the donkeys have hit a new low alright :mad:

You know, if that had been a Manly player taking out Boyd like that on Saturday night.....Clint's old age body double would have been screaming blue murder about 'his' players not being protected and the Qld media would have marched on NRL HQ with flaming torches and pitch forks demanding the rule be changed and the players get more protection.

And whoever put the tackle on him would be facing a Grade 5 dangerous tackle charge.....a player like Marty Taupau would have had a Les Boyd like suspension heaped on him.

That last one may be a bit cynical, but considering how Manly seem to be on the wrong end of the stick from the NRL lately, its not beyond the realms of impossibility.

I too have noticed some major discrepancies in how we have been treated compared with other clubs/players.

Even though I am an extremely passionate Manly supporter, beyond that anyone who looks at how we have been treated can surely see their is something questionable going on. We have not be treated fairly as a team since well a long time ago. But the bias and unjust treatment seems to have considerably ramped up of late. The Matai, Stewart medical retirement money vs Watmough, Kapow/AFB shoulder charges vs Burgess and now a total BS response for the obvious dangerous hit on Tom.

And it goes further - we get penalised however the other team don't for the same thing, where is our fair share of Friday night games (which is a prime time advertising sponsorship money spinner), how about some money for our home ground etc etc.

We have so much more go against us than most teams do. And I don't know why, nor do I care why, because ultimately is not right and IMHO deserves an independent investigation.

From memory in the past few years.......especially since Greenturd took over:
  • Manly being threatened with ongoing fines and loss of NRL competition points after we wanted to have John Hopoate as a junior coach in a competition which is not under NRL jurisdiction. Then no less than 3 months later the Eels are basically given a slap on the wrist for their Bulldogs/Storm like salary cap rorting (well, a slap compared to what they copped). Yet we hadn't actually done anything wrong and they wanted to come down on us like a tonne of bricks.
  • Tying in with doesn't-matta's rorting, the NRL allow them to force Watmough into retirement to get them under the salary cap with a bogus ruling that his injury was new, but the insurance company not being fooled puts a BIG question mark over the NRL's action. Yet Manly are forced to play 2017 with a squad of just 23 because they are dithering over the retirements of Stewart and Matai. We are also at least $1.5m down on the salary cap as a result.
  • The suspensions of AFB and Kapow for shoulder charges (which I'll admit others in the NRL have copped as well), while Sam Burgess puts on 2 blatant shoulder charges in 3 games and gets away with both. For mine that was more about Burgess being a draw for England during last weeks rep round than anything else. You know its bad when even Manly and DCE haters are saying it was bogus.

And that's just off the top of my head. There are probably more.

Last edited:
If I were Turbo I'd think about suing the NRL for failing in its duty of care to protect its players. If something that dangerous is not against the rules then they are in dereliction of a clear legal responsibility.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10