Todd Carney Combined Mega Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Did Todd Carney deserve to be sacked over his latest faux pas

• Yes

Votes: 53 39.6%
  • No

Votes: 76 56.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 5 3.7%

• Total voters
Carney sticks with Canberra
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/sport/nrl/story/0,26799,23373370-5006066,00.html

THE Canberra Raiders have received a massive boost on the eve of their NRL season with star half Todd Carney agreeing to a new deal with the club.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal Carney, 21, has rejected massive offers from the Penrith Panthers and Manly Sea Eagles to remain loyal to the Raiders.

A club spokesman said the deal was a two-year extension, with a further two-year option until 2012.

Carney, who is being touted as a potential NSW halfback as early as this year, had reportedly been offered a $2million dollar, four-year deal by the Panthers. The Raiders deal will be $400,000 a year.

A Goulburn junior, Carney has played all his NRL football with the Raiders since debuting in 2004.

The Raiders will make the announcement this afternoon.

Good on him. As much as we could have done with him, Canberra has shown a lot of patience with him and he needed to show some loyalty in return.

There must be a message there somewhere for Manly.

Develop your own juniors and they will stay with you for less money.  Hmmmm.

tookey link said:

I hear Cuthbertson tunred down a better offer to stay at Manly. I also heard Choc did the same with The Dragons.

We're good.

Ryan link said:
[quote author=tookey link=topic=177081.msg179363#msg179363 date=1205470402]

I hear Cuthbertson tunred down a better offer to stay at Manly. I also heard Choc did the same with The Dragons.

We're good.
[/quote]

so since were flush with money who is on the market apart from 1wee topoo

BE, we will all just have to wait till that all knowing visionary & fountain of inside knowledge, MNF graces us with his highly accurate forecasts of player movements.  :p

They can offer me 400,000 a season if they want

I liked what I saw from groom but his defense was shocking. I dont think we will see much from him going forward.

I think Travis will do extremely well with Thurston next to him in QLD but I think that we wouldnt have seen the same with him here.

According to readers of telegraph.

Their online poll has Carney as the best NRL player with 12% of 3,334 votes

Others of interest:

SBW - 8%
Mateo - 8%
Prince - 5%
Slater - 2%
L.Lewis - 7%
Stewart - 3%
Orford - 1%
C.Smith - 3%
Thurston - 2%
Marshall - 0%
Hodges - 0%

All that proves is that there are a lot of bored people in Canberra resetting their cookies over and over. Parra players usually win these things, usually Hindmarsh, Mateo may get up this time.

Public servants with nothing to do but vote for Carney and whinge about how hard they have to work for Rudd.

No - Daily Telegraph polls let you vote continuously and a small number of people with no time on their hands (ex Liberal staffers likely - no jobs for them anywhere) are just sitting and pressing vote time and time again. Totally flawed!!

CW, you cannot continuously vote. I tried to vote twice and I got this message.

"Poll Results

You have already voted! Here are the results so far:

Who do you rate as the best player in the NRL?"

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10