Todd Carney Combined Mega Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Did Todd Carney deserve to be sacked over his latest faux pas

• Yes

Votes: 53 39.6%
  • No

Votes: 76 56.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 5 3.7%

• Total voters
Canberra Raider Todd Carney is reportedly to decide his immediate playing future today.

Carney is scheduled to meet with his manager David Riolo to discuss offers from Manly and Penrith, as well as a counter-offer from the Raiders.

The Raiders are keen for the five-eighth to remain in the ACT, not just because of his playing abilities but the effort they have gone to to help him deal with his personal issues.

Canberra chairman John McIntyre told the Daily Telegraph this week he expected some loyalty from the player because the club had spent "a lot of time and energy" on him.

"We hope that pays a dividend by him staying at Canberra," he told the newspaper.

Carney was last year given a community service order and banned from driving until 2010 for trying to outrun police when he drove a teammate home despite having a suspended licence.

The teammate, Steve Irwin, who was not charged by police, was fired.

enough guys!

You are getting close to locking point!

He seriously had to ask his mum.

ON August 11, 1907, Dally Messenger's mum decided it would be OK if he switched to rugby league.

This week, two of the brightest stars in the code Annie Messenger helped launch with that decision will also seek maternal advice before the biggest decisions of their young lives.

Canberra's Todd Carney and Melbourne's Israel Folau have been asked by their clubs to make decisions on their futures before the weekend.

And just as Dally M consulted him mum, Leanne Carney and Amelia Folau will play key roles in deciding their sons' futures.

"I'm going to speak to Todd tomorrow and he's going to sit down and talk to his mother," Carney's agent, David Riolo, said last night.

"He always consults Leanne about his career and I'm sure he'll have a good listen to what she has to say this week."

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,23355577-5001023,00.html

Maybe the Eagle Angels (Harmer, Beachley, Gainsford, Our Sarah, et al) should give Leanne a call and make her know she'll be welcome should Todd decide to sign.

Any idea on her MILF rating ??

clontaago link said:
[quote author=Fro link=topic=177059.msg179258#msg179258 date=1205297981]
better than Harmers, not as good as Murdochs

That range includes the majority of women aged between 18 and 50.

Wendy Harmer looks like a bulldog chewing on a wasp.
[/quote]

GOLD !! ;D ;D ;D

As I let you guys no earlier in the week carney has just resigned with canberra,I know you guys just love mayer but the big mouth couldn't get us carney now wait and see who he trys to sign.I don't count perry or vaeliki as a big signing.If I remember correct our last BIG name signings Kennedy,Kite,Orford if you consider him a big signing were done before mayer showed up.I know it may be not be a popular opinion here but the facts are he has not managed to jag a big name signing that we have earmarked.I would suggest he stops leaking stories to the media ragarding who we are after and concentrate on snaring someone.

I recollect you mentioned the Riff, please get you facts in order before bagging others

The Wheel link said:
I recollect you mentioned the Riff, please get you facts in order before bagging others
Yeah sorry about that clearly an error on my behalf,but that dosn't change the facts its easy to bag me I think we should look at the chief exec.Hows this last year we are all told to shut up Lyon is the goods and will be a great 5/8 so they let our backup go in burns and now they decide we need a 5/8 whos running the show I ask,if we look at it in the cold light of the day we have orford and lyon as 1/2 n 5/8 if one or the other is injured we go from a top 4 prospect to a bottom 4 prospect we have spread our depth way to thin and we don't seem capable of attracting a representative quality 5/8.We all know lyon is a centre.Lastley before anyone brings up lyon as a big signing under mayer we all know he signed because of cleal.

Mate is there any reason you have an axe to grind against GM?  We made the GF, last year, things are going reasonably well financially.  Do you prefer Pat Wilson

At Canberra, the biggest recruitment target in the game, halfback Todd Carney, said he hoped the Raiders and the two other clubs chasing him for next season - Penrith and Manly - would understand if he needed until next week to decide his future.

"If I needed to wait until next week I hope everyone would realise why," Carney said. "I think they would. It's a pretty big decision and I always wanted to give Canberra the chance to keep me. I've spoken to them again this week. I'm really not sure what I'm going to do and we've got our first game coming up on Saturday [against Newcastle at EnergyAustralia Stadium]. I've got to start concentrating on that."

Officials from the three clubs are unsure of how they will fare in the race for Carney's signature.

Penrith general manager Mick Leary said his experience was that the longer a player took to decide, the more likely he was to stay with his existing club, and that he was hoping to be wrong.

Manly chief executive Grant Mayer said he was confused by the delay but the Sea Eagles were prepared to wait.

Canberra chief executive Don Furner said he had a gut feeling Carney would make a decision before this weekend.

The Herald understands the chances of Canberra keeping Carney have improved significantly in recent days.

http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/news...e#contentSwap1

MNF link said:
As I let you guys no earlier in the week carney has just resigned with canberra

Ah, yes. I remember the conversation well:

MNF link said:
Before we start I will say I'm mates with Todd Carney he has agreed to a 5 year contract with the PANTHERS thats right PENRITH.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7