Post-Game Discussion Titans v Manly [Round 22, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Titans
Vs
Sea Eagles
44 Cbus Super Stadium
14 Aug 2022 16:05
80th minute

Match Stats

Newcastle did not have a good year but just as a thought if we picked up Klemmer as a hard running forward and Jake Clifford as a backup half-5/8 I think we could get change out of $1m and with Tapaua going ($700k) and Foran ($400k) plus Walker on (?) I thought you would have some value

Well lets look at that performance and analyse each player on their game today and how they went

Garrick... normal whole hearted effert
Tui - ordinary didn't do much at all
Koula - ok but certainly shows he is not a high quality A Grade Centre yet
Parker - all effort as always
Saab - ok - no errors that I saw
Foran - quality - effort as always - never gives up
DCE - woeful - wouldn't give a cup of cold water for him today
Jake - heaps of effort but not influence today
Davey - effort but no influence today
Haumole - ok but yet another example where he refuses to come off the back fence
Aloiai - ordinary - his effort in the Brimson try - disgraceful
Croker - all effort as always
Marty - sadly made that mistake - his one standard mistake but he was all effort
Walker - did nothing today
Schu - I didn't see the last 20 minutes but was his average self (well the 2022 version today)
Sipley - doesn't add anything at all - never does
Bullemore - hadn't got on when I packed it in

Half the team you could maybe give a pass mark - a few of that half you could give a 6 or 7 out of 10 but that would be about it - the rest - absolutely terrible. That tells you where we are at and what needs fixing. We need PROPS bad - our backline is ok - we need Weekes to take a huge step up into 5/8 next year. We need Fainu to age 3 years over the off season to play half and who is replacing three of our best and I say that loosely as there are not many who have had a decent year but Walker, Foran and Davey would be up amongst our best players for the year... who are we getting to replace them. That is scary!

Someone needs to sit the team down and show them every single Adam Obrien press conference this season.

Then tell them they’ve only won 3 games more than the knights.

What a team we are
Handed the titans their first win in 3 months with our season on the line..
Ide rather watch NSW cup next week, they play just as Badly as this mob but they arnt getting paid hundred of thousands/millions to do it…
Ide put a line thru 80% of this squad to be honest.. pathetic

All the Manly folks at the club that are making excuses and not taking any accountability for this years farce are grasping at straws

No excuses !

The moral of the story and our season

We all make our own bed and we lie in it

Meaning.....

We accept the consequences of our own actions

If our club is to rise to the top once again

We need to raise our current low standards

The club will never admit it but the off field stuff has impacted the team. At the beginning of 2021 we were way off the pace. We all know that there was a significant and sad off field incident that contributed to that. The recent dramas as well as including the recent court case has created issues as well. Not having a CEO and organised back of house would not have helped in anyway …. And of course there are things under the control of the players and coaching teams that could have been managed better…

The predictable premeditated or force the issue crap from DCE.

1) A predictable early tackle 40/20 that is seeking easy yardage off the back of an ineffective general go forward approach. Get up the forwards A$$ as a leader and general and make them work the yardage effectively and efficiently, along with the Coaching department to structure a more consistent go forward approach along with recruiting mobile forwards who can sustain a higher intensity for longer periods with some direct leg drive.

2)The predictable early out ball because there is no well structured line running on the right(as with most clubs the right side attacking structures are very basic). Haumole and Koula play at depth and width due to a lack of line running habits and plays on the right along with DCE lacking technically correct drift running techniques to promote confident line running.

3) The predictable short side play to Haumole seriously mix it up a little, devoid of ideas and planning, overly goes for the pet play.

The only consistent quality in attack comes from Foran, when you play technically correct it holds up under pressure and is more consistent. Foran,Walker and Schuster playing off a simple and direct halfback with a half decent kicking game would of been a great short, medium and long term outcome. Foran eventually gets replaced by Walker who gets replaced by a more mature Schuster or another sharper option 5/8 comes in and Schuster acts as a fill in 5/8 come ball playing lock.

Now we have an inconsistent lacking composure half with possibly a young not overly sharp but talented 5/8 with no mature quality depth on the edges to either fill in or add variety.

If this is the case we better smarten up in the go forward stakes and be more direct and effective as we wont have much lateral creativity to compensate for a cumbersome forward pack that doesn't run straight.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8