Post-Game Discussion Titans v Manly [Round 22, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Game Information

Titans
Vs
Sea Eagles
44 Cbus Super Stadium
14 Aug 2022 16:05
80th minute

Match Stats

Interestingly Nightly Cranberry-Evans ‘fessed up re: his own poor performance, when asked.

Maybe some of the SEQ journos need to attend every Manly game, to hold a mirror up for him when he plays like that. The Sydney crowd seem to be too diplomatic to ask those questions.
Easy to fess up when it no longer matters any more, makes you look good and humble.

How does the fracture get resolved?!
I actually wonder if it can be. The intensity today was nonexistent and I haven’t seen the defence scatter like that since 2014 when the team also fell apart due to a player group fracture.

My only hope is that there is a clean out and some of these players are moved in. Today was the first time as a Manly fan I actually disliked my own team. There were several players I did not want to see the face of today.

NYEagle

Last edited:
So disappointed with that performance, particularly with our season on the line, Des's 300th and playing the cellar-dwellers. Possible reasons:
Aren't unified and didn't play as a team
Rainbow-gate won't go away
Fainu case didn't help and added to our woes
DCE maybe also affected by Paul Green's passing

Add these together and we played horrible. One aspect I noticed was all the 50/50 calls (and there were several) went against us, like we weren't meant to win even if we wanted to. We had it all to play for and failed miserably.

I actually wonder if it came be. The intensity today was nonexistent and I haven’t seen the defence scatter like that since 2014 when the team also fell apart due to a player group fracture.

My only hope is that there is a clean out and some of these players are moved in. Today was the first time as a Manly fan I actually disliked my own team. There were several players I did not want to see the face of today.

NYEagle
Had the same feeling also NYE, I'm usually nervous and pumped for the game to start, but since the last 3 losses I'm not nervous or pumped up like I usually am. In my head I know we are a busted team just limping along to finish the season. And in my heart, the passion isn't there anymore.

Just once I'd like to hear DCE own his errors with a gut type response. Maybe get a bit angry about his mistakes and show us fans that he's hurting about our situation. He's probably a top bloke but his measured responses leave me flat. I'm not sure how Jake would go as captain but I admire how he wears his heart on his sleeve. Something needs to be done because at the moment it feels like our team has no heart.

I’VE BEEN A MANLY SUPPORTER FOR OVER 60 YEARS , AND NEVER SEEN OUR CLUB LOSE ITS SOUL THE WAY IT HAS THIS YEAR !
FROM THE BACK OFFICE , THE COACHING STAFF AND THE PLAYING GROUP IT HAS BEEN A HARD THING TO ACCEPT AND OBVIOUSLY CHANGES HAVE TO BE MADE.
TONY MESTROV AS CEO IS THE FIRST CHANGE, THAT I HOPE WILL ACCELERATE FURTHER CHANGES TO MANAGEMENT, COACHING STAFF AND THE PLAYER GROUP.
YOU DON’T NEED TO BE BLIND FREDDY TO SEE THERE IS A FRACTION IN THE PLAYER GROUP, AND THAT DES HAS LOST THE DRESSING ROOM.
AN INTERSECTION OFF SEASON IS AHEAD OF US AND UNLESS CHANGES COME TO FRUITION, 2023 WILL BE ANOTHER WASTED YEAR !

Just wondering, if anybody knows, what was the meaning of Haumole’s hand gestures after scoring his subsequently disallowed try?

Was it Auslan for ”I’m so happy”, hopefully it was ?

Or was it so gang signing? If so, WTF, after the result of Manase’s trail and all the s*it that’s happened?

IMHO, if it was gang related, then, no matter how talented he is, he has to go, along with any other who is still associating with crims.

I actually wonder if it came be. The intensity today was nonexistent and I haven’t seen the defence scatter like that since 2014 when the team also fell apart due to a player group fracture.

NYEagle
Yeah, in previous seasons we just assumed some players didn’t want to play for the jersey because they seemingly didn’t care enough. We put it down to a lack of talent or injuries. This season the illusion was broken as almost our whole first grade starting side abandoned the team when it mattered most. My support dropped a fair few notches once that wall was broken. Probably going to take a much needed break from the forum too. A lot of interesting takes lately. It’s been looking like a facebook comment section on some threads. Some have sure come out of the woodwork

Hardly going to win any game at N R L level with around a 60 % completion rate , even against a lowly ranked side . Though the final blowout score line was definitely on the embarrassing side . Some poor defensive efforts , 50 - 50 and 6 again calls and penalties going against them . D C E largely having a shocker , squandering possession , these were the main reasons for the terrible result . Just not reading into this divided team assumption , Haumole chased Kelly all the way to his intercept try , a couple of good hits , plenty of effort in his running , Saab was safe and having a dig before his sad injury occurrence , Alioia just looked underdone and struggling with that seemingly almost chronic knee issue , Tui up with D C E in the poor game stakes , koula again just not used properly but effort was certainly there , Sipley tried , Schuster just unfortunately off the pace in the main . Got the impression that the side just expected things to go their way especially in attack without getting the ground work done and apparently stressed by Des at the break . But too late , a couple of more lucky breaks for the Titans, then had their tails up and Manly just seemed to go from bad to worse trying catch up footy . Wouldn 't be surprised at all if they do bounce back against the Sharks , don't deserve to be in the final's play offs but did well against the Roosters for a good part of that game and against the Eels so sure that things can be turned around if the confidence level is there . Very low point yesterday but a divided side just does not seem to be part of the problem ,. Just to cut out the atrocious mistake rate , start to lay a decent platform in the middle ,get their defence into some sort of order again and for D C E to not have any more shockers

The season was almost gone before the "derailment" issue anyway and i believe the team would of exhausted themselves out of contention anyway.

The close losses, soft mentality and fade outs are bigger issues to address and were evident throughout the season, the Rainbow excuse is more a convenient icing on the cake that nailed the coffin.
On the topic of soft mentality... remember back in the day pre-season consisted of grueling endurance camps?
Maybe we should enlist SAS Australia to conduct our next pre-season!

Just wondering, if anybody knows, what was the meaning of Haumole’s hand gestures after scoring his subsequently disallowed try?

Was it Auslan for ”I’m so happy”, hopefully it was ?

Or was it so gang signing? If so, WTF, after the result of Manase’s trail and all the s*it that’s happened?

IMHO, if it was gang related, then, no matter how talented he is, he has to go, along with any other who is still associating with crims.
I think it was Manase related. Manase had the video of it on his insta.
If the club isn't extremely alarmed by all the shiit that's going on with this lot, shiit that puts their personal agendas way before anything football related, then we really are in trouble.
He didn't even worry about celebrating with his team mates. It was just locate the camera and get the message across.
I'm so over it.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8